Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it necessary to pass?

Question Is it necessary to pass?

So many are worried about being able to pass.

I would like to venture out of the house. I am talking about in male mode but with ladies clothes.

Has anyone ever walked in public as a male but with shaved legs and a short skirt

Mmm, the high street or the beach? (Bit too hot for the beach though, as I do not like the heat).

It is a fantasy for me at the mo. But one I am very tempted to do, especially in another area with strangers looking at me (somehow that seems easier to do than with people who recognise you).

Oh I do want to pass as well, but that will take practise.

Your thoughts, please. Or am I just crazy

At this point in time I'm happy
    I can't pass but I don't go out at all
    It's a nice trade off
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

As I see it, going out dressed with the intention of passing is a whirlpool of frustrations. For me, the key is going out dressed as I feel comfortable. When I'm read, I just project the vibe I'm not trying to fool anyone, sure I'm a guy ... who's looking great. I have discovered some advantages to not passing (and who really knows anyway) - such as guys don't get the fear of 'being tricked' and GGs rather think it's charming. It's all in the head and the confidence comes from there.
    Last edited by Calliope; 07-16-2006 at 04:05 PM.

The difference between the two is that in the first situation your a man in a short skirt, unaccepted by society. In the second situation, "providing that you do pass", your a woman, accepted by society.

I do not think I would have the nerve to attempt the first scenario.
    Last edited by Jennaie; 07-16-2006 at 12:35 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I could not do the first option either. Just do the second as best as I can.
    ~Samm

Necessary to pass?

Hi Emma. My answer consists of two words: Hell, no! Ericka

If I could pass, I'd probably try to do, because it would make things more easy.

As I will always be read as man I don't try to hide it. I didn't dare to go out in a dress, skirt, or heels yet, but I went out with makeup, nail polish, thights, women shoes, jewelry, shaved legs and chest, womens tops and blouse, womens pants (have long hair anyway; thin though ).
    I try to balance feminine and masculine aspects with my clothing. I try to make an advantage for me out of the often mentioned "double standard". Works fine so far.
    Last edited by Marla S; 07-16-2006 at 11:42 AM.

Tricia Ann Marie triciaannmarie's Avatar
    Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt? You want people to make fun of you or think that your strange?.. I'm sure thats not your intention. I want to be able to go out as a woman and not some dude in a skirt. Shave your legs and wear some shorts and go out as a man and see if anyone notices More than likely nobody cares

tricia.

Quote Originally Posted by triciaannmarie
    Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt? You want people to make fun of you or think that your strange?..
    Well, I guess over 95 % will be read anyway, independend of how much effort they spend to pass. Taking this into account in your style is just more honest towards yourself and the society and might even prevent, in a way, that people make fun of you (there always will be some). Kind of freaky we are anyway in the view of the public, there is no way out.
    Last edited by Marla S; 07-16-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S
    Well, I guess over 95 % will be read anyway, independend of how much efford they spend to pass. Taking this into account in your style is just more honest towards yourself and the society and might even prevent, in a way, that people make fun of you (there always will be some). Kind of freaky we are anyway in the view of the public, there is no way out.
    Spot on!

[SIZE="3"]I myself would never dream of going out just in a skirt and no wig or make up , i guess im one of the ones trying to pass and when i get time to dress up i make sure i have plenty of time to put on everything , make up , nails ,wig etc.. it just doesnt feel right for me to not go all the way when im getting all dolled up[/SIZE]

I'd love to pass and maybe one day I will build up the courage to try but at the moment I'm more then happy around my flat dressed in my glad rags.

Sadly thou at 6ft3in and 17 stone I think my chances of passing are some what slender! Still a girl has to live in hope!

Nicky Jane

X X X

First, let me say that while I can pass much of the time to casual observers as an overweight and homely woman dressed as most of the women my age and in my locale, I wouldn't nor would I want to dress in a skirt or dress as a man.

With that said, I usually dress in woman's clothing (when not at work) as a guy, just not in a skirt or dress. Women's shorts, top, panties and sandals/shoes along with a little foundation, mascara, and lip gloss. I get a few looks at my attire and polished toe nails and sometimes get mistaken for a woman even when not trying (actually kind of nice when that happens).

When I dress to pass, I add a little more makeup, some padding and boobs, and a wig. And when trying to pass I like wearing a skirt.

When I dress, I want to pass, and I do my best to do so. I want to be perceived as a woman not as a man in a dress, but thats just me. I'm probably not strong enough as a person to be seen as a man in women's clothing. I would rather blend in than stand out.

Jenna

"Pass" or "fail"?

Just to clarify things, in my mind it's your comfort level with yourself that counts. As Marla said, about 95% will be "read" anyway. Do I care? That's why my answer: "Hell, no". I'm not trying to please other people or society at large. My object is to feel comfortable for who I am and not worry about getting some "passing" or "failing" grade by others. Some people are okay with it, some will never be. Their problem--NOT mine! As far as I'm concerned, whether you "pass" or "fail" in the eyes of others, it's your own confidence level that counts. Take care, Ericka

I think we have to ask ourselves why are we crossdressing,? for me when I am
    out and about I want to look as convincing as a women as I can ,at least
    put some doubt in peoples minds not look like a freak ! that is what people will
    think .if shocking the locals is you thing go for it

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Well i go out dressed to pass, and by enlarge i do pass. The time i know that i am going to be read are when i enter into conversation with people whilst en femme. i.e. whilst buying stuff or as i did recnetly when i had a partial make over. There I do not pretend. Either the person I am talking to suspects, just does not care or read me straight. Since they continue to interact with me then they clearly do not care. that is good enough for me. They may or may not know, they certainly do not know if i am TS or TG or simply a TV. So far as I am concerned and I think they them selves realise this, it is more than there jobs worth to make an issue of it. New legislation in the UK protects the transgendered community from discrimination. I would not go out partialy dressed as this, in my mind, defeats what i am trying to achieve. Thats is acceptance as a woman not as a bloke in a skirt and I don't think the legislation covers that anyway because if in doing so you are clearly not TS or TG.

Aspiring Member
    We all have different levels of what we are comfortable with. Some of us are content with the comforts of the clothes with in their homes. Some of us need to dress to the nines head to toe. Dressing out it public depends on how secure we are with ourselves and our self image. I myself feel I need to blend in to pass. When I go out I try to dress for the situation and not be over the top as to draw too much attention to myself.
    Rachel

Well today and yesterday me and Nigella had to pop into town and seeing as we had both been working in the garden and knew we would be going back out there, it was a quick hands and face wash and off we went, all Nigella was wearing was a pair of cropped trousers and a top with thin straps, no makeup and she doesn't wear a wig her hair is long enough. She is not bothered whether people notice her, she enjoys dressing and that is it, but I guess it is what you feel comfy with .
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Passing?

No I will not pass, but I do go out to places that I will be accepted. I like to dance wether Male or Femme I go out to enjoy myself not to please others.
    I would never pass as I will never have any intention of doing so, do I care who sees me YES as I am well know by a lot of people where I live and really don't care who sees me in femme mode, and try to hide the fact I am a crossdresser.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

I think you should look your best if going out dressed, at least make a genuine attempt to pass anyway.0.02

I couldn't bring myself to go out in glam without my warpaint and wig, i'd just scare the local population a little more than i already do.
    Luv Ya! :be:

Platinum Member
    i say no you don't need to pass .... and you can be as cd as you want to be .. lasat i checked we cd's don't come with a owners book .... this can be all glam to the 9's or you can be sash squash in a skirt .... but in staying home do as you want ... in going out then rember people can and will react to how you look and act so safty frist.....

So far so good

[SIZE="3"]I have passed for the most part. I don't go out to pass but I always try to look my best. Just being out there is a thrill.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I'm not so sure it's necessary to pass. Few of us really do 100% of the time. But since society has come to accept varying degrees of sexuality and transgendered people are more common, I think it's OK to at least look the part. But I really don't think it's a good idea to go as a "man in a dress." I wouldn't definitely feel uncomfortable like that and am afraid it would upset families and young children. If you're going to crossdress, cross all the way. I remember seeing a guy at a local xdresser store and he had no makeup or wig but was shopping in a bra and panty. It was not a pretty sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England
    Has anyone ever walked in public as a male but with shaved legs and a short skirt

Mmm, the high street or the beach? (Bit too hot for the beach though, as I do not like the heat).
    Yes I have. I guess downtown Lawrence, Kansas might be described as "the high street".

There is not only no need to pass, but you might get more acceptance with your unabashed honesty.

To me I have to be able to pass. I havent figured out why But I feel like I am not michelle unless I can go any where I want and be accepted as a women.

So Far ( now ) I have been able to do that. At least no one has acted like I was any differant then any other women that wasw in the store or restaurant that I was in