Thread: Thank goodness for inattentive housemates

Thank goodness for inattentive housemates

After a long day of looking in the mirror and going "OMW I have breasts!" and trying to get my clothing to cover me well and basically feeling wrong I figured I'd relax tonight. I put on an episode of L-Word, sat where I could see the mirror in my room, and wrapped my chest and put on a guys shirt. Loving the effect I felt myself relaxing...
    ...until my housemate knocked on my door. Not just any housemate, but the most normal one, the one who just doesn't get anything different. We'd been bonding earlier about my inablity to fall for this guy who's just perfect for me and her inability to meet a nice Jewish boy, and I really really didn't want to ruin that. I crossed my arms across my chest and hoped, and luckily enough she was distracted enough about her question not to notice anything. For once, I'm quite glad she's often in her own world, 'cause she is NOT the first person I want to come out to.
    Seriously, how do you deal with that? And wow just realized I'm getting a roommate in a month. THAT'll make things more fun.
    Okay back to L-Word, though I think I'll switch to pjs which are wonderfully neutral so it works for both worlds.

just a question lex...so u pass as a male but how do u do to "pass wih ur voice" . . .

maybe i should have asked u this "in private?" but maybe the answer is useful for all us

just askinĀ“

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird
    Seriously, how do you deal with that? And wow just realized I'm getting a roommate in a month. THAT'll make things more fun.
    Okay back to L-Word, though I think I'll switch to pjs which are wonderfully neutral so it works for both worlds.
    Some people do notice these things but never say anything - they figure it's not their place to ask and that you'll tell them if you want them to know. So, don't be surprised if you do more obvious things and still don't get a reaction from roommates. If they don't say anything, I'd take it as a sign of acceptance. It means they're cool with you, and cool with whatever you're comfortable doing. Good luck with the new roommate.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rule number 1
    Dont sweat the small stuff

Rule number 2
    It's all small stuff....(at least when you are young and single)

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...