Thread: somebody sez, you've lost touch w/ reality....

somebody sez, you've lost touch w/ reality....

....another 1 of my typical call and response posts. Sorry, but I hear these things and they remind me immediately of my CD.

Someone says you've done wrong ( ie CDing) for so long you have now lost touch with reality and are living in your own little world. How do you respond:

1st step in deciding how to resond...

The first step in deciding how to respond is to determine if the feedback is true or not.

Banned Read only
    Since we love to define San Francisco as 49 square miles surrounded by reality, then its obvious that reality is for people who can't handle San Fran.

Why do even know such people, much less listen to them? That people have a right to free speech does not cancel out your right to tune them out like a bad radio station.

Of course the best response - providing you can use your physical skills as well as your makeup skills - is that "your wife/GF loves it when I do this." Remember, block with the left so you can hit with the right.

My world

This is who I am Hon. I don't have to explain myself to anyone else. Ericka Kay

Reality could be defined as that which exists in spite of our perception or opinion, therefore my being in touch with it hardly matters. Or some other pseudo-intellectual BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My wife tells me all the time that my cd's put me into a unrealistic world, and over looking last knight post she said we sound like a bunch of girls.
    I said yes we are thank you for noticing us.
    My wife dos not get the whole pitcure, but she loves me end of post. Nadeen

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards View Post
    This is who I am Hon. I don't have to explain myself to anyone else. Ericka Kay
    My sentiments exactly.
    Danielle

a few people have 'accused' me of not being in touch with reality..

and im thankful every single day for this simple fact.
    im ecstatically happy in my little world, why on earth would i want to come to theirs?
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Well, I'd probably start by asking them for specifics. Honestly: if I am wearing so much blush that a friend says I have lost touch with reality, well then, a makeup adjustment is probably in order. Maybe it turns out that I have dreadful taste in coordinating outfits and shoes, and my friend is helping me readjust to the reality that red heels don't go with a gray business suit.

On the other hand, I suppose it's just possible that the "someone" in question is intimating that my crossdressing is, of itself, causing me to live in my "own little world," as you put it. In that case, I'd probably reply that the person living in a little world is one who cannot cope with a guy who likes to dress like a pretty woman.

Anyone who ventures such an imbecilic opinion has forfeited the right to be taken seriously by me.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Banned Read only
    Only 500 times? SLACKER! You should have tried Dead Tour circa 77-85, that much was just one weekend on the bus - reality never looked so groovy - or sounded so fantastic And best of all, no dress code. And half the time I was doing that I had a national security clearance and a Bechtel ID. Life is stranger than you can imagine. Now Bechtel, that was losing touch with reality. But where else could I build nuclear power plants?

Quote Originally Posted by kwebb View Post
    Someone says you've done wrong ( ie CDing) for so long you have now lost touch with reality and are living in your own little world. How do you respond:
    Erica said earlier: "Anyone who ventures such an imbecilic opinion has forfeited the right to be taken seriously by me." I agree. It deserves an imbecilic response something like "I like my reality and little world. Are you scared to try it because you might just like it?"
    "I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke"

Banned Read only
    PIL? They rocked, and like I said above, and as they said (screamed) too "Anger is an Energy!" So anyone who talks to you like that, help them off the bus - no need to make sure it ain't moving either.

"Wow, man, reality-What a concept!" Coulda been said by Tommy Chong, but from '69 to '83, I was kinda out of touch myself. Lily is my reality today, and the devil with blocking with the left, I'll scatch their eyes out with these talons I've grown! Peace, Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Reality is what ever you make of it.....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwebb View Post

lost touch with reality ???? i never had touch with reality.............

Crossdressong won't make you lose touch with reality. But TGs who are completely secret about it can enclose themselves into a little bubble that cuts them off from the wider reality.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Sounds like it...

I got a wake-up call from my mum last night when talking about what I was going to do when I go to college.
    "Come out," I said. (The living accomodation is quite crampt, so discretion isn't best.)

She advised me to be incredibly cautious, and didn't want my happiness to be ruined by people who could make my life hell. As usual, I tried to have a discussion with her, and in the end she said, "Fine! Do whatever you want!"

It's got me thinking though -- the people I've come out to have been people who I could second-guess would be fine about it, and I've not had many bad reactions about my dressing. And no one I care about has rejected my existance for doing what I do, so that's good.

Here, at this computer, I often simplify things way too much... I'll tell people just to do things, not think about it too much and not to get too scared. I so desperatly want to be out to express myself for who I am, outside these 4 walls. But an image that it'll all be alright, and it'll be great because I can be more open and free than ever has been burst, just by something my mum said. So I had lost a sense of reality - in that sense.

I don't think many of us have lost touch with reality, though! Far from it, we are all to aware of the dangers of trying to express ourselves.

Reality is relative though - the person saying, "you've lost touch," will have one perspective of reality, whilst we have another.
    Aggressor: Black and White
    CD/TG: Grey.

... That's how our perspectives differ, I think. The reality is feminine and masculine - not male and female. That is only one facet of our reality.

(Really, where is this post going?? )

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Reality: Welcome to my world
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

I tell them their reality is my delusion.
    Hail Satin!

Hi Girls,
    I suppose we are all guilty of losing touch with reality from time to time, its called escapism and its mighty good for the soul. However, as Kimberley has rightly pointed out, one has to keep a true perspective on things otherwise we could unwittingly do something that could affect us or others around us in a very negative way.
    Coming on to this Forum gives all of us abit of support and escape from the Real world, and we find acceptance here that wouldn't be out there in the real world. This forum isn't a true mirror of whats out there, and as Kimberley pointed out, not everyone in the real world will be as accepting and supportive as our friends on here. Kimberleys parents know that and thats why they tried to disuade her from sharing her true self with others. Its everso easy for us to get carried away talking amongst ourselves and lose touch with what people really think. Thus making it a very good idea to keep our feet firmly planted on the ground and to be realistic. Living in our own little bubbles full time would be great, but unfortunately we have to go to work, or college or Uni, and our colleagues would be very quick to bring us back down to earth with a bump if they suspected we were being a tad unrealistic.
    Take care
    BEVxxxx
    Last edited by Bev06 GG; 08-20-2006 at 04:44 AM.

Evolution or extinction... Nothing stays the same.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]