Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Don't Get It!!!!

Just Don't Get It!!!!

Right. Here's my point of confusion and I have no idea what the matter could be. Be warned this is not intelligent, smart or intellectual but a tad blonde, and I use that term very loosely lest someone take offence.

Give me a pair of 3.5" stilleto heels and I'm very very comfortable walking, running, doing kitchen work, whatever; poses no problem at all. Then I don my pair of 4" stilleto's and suddenly everything goes awry! Can barely walk, if I do my ankles hurt, feels like I'm walking on my toes all the time, my knees refuse to remain straight and I can't wait to take them off.

Can someone pleeeaaseeeee tell me what the problem is, if you've faced such a predicament. If not, feel free to hazard guesses and whatever you do, don't restrain yourself from witty remarks and jokes

Love,
    Sonia

I think this is called: Comfort-Level

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Other than that. There simply is an anatomical frontier for certain things. Body says: NO, I don't want to play this game.

If walking in high heels would be more comfortable than in flats, we would probably "moan" that woman don't like to wear flats
    Last edited by Marla S; 09-10-2006 at 01:40 PM.

The only thing i can say is that you're used to walking in the 3.5 heels and not the 4" heels. Think of it this way say your a truck driver and you've got no problem with a 53 foot trailer and one day you need to move a 40 foot trailer. You can't move that shorter trailer to save your a** but hook onto a 53 foot and your fine. Same things happening here.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

I believe it has to do with the natural arch of your feet, it sounds like we share naturally high arches, but that only gets you so far. That's why in kinky circles you can actually by "arch trainers".

Sonia, think yourself lucky you can wear any heels, I can't and have to stick with flatties .

I would think though that your feet and legs have got used to the 3.5 heels and as Eleyna has already said your arch could be a problem.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

No worries Sonia...happens to most of us at some time...I have a pair of heels that are only very marginally higher than my normal 3"...and no matter how long I wear them I just can't get used to them...usually I'm fine but with these I end up about as sure footed as a leper in a swamp.!!..and the worst thing is.....I love the shoes.!!!..damnit.!
    Nikki. x

My feet are relatively flat.

Does that mean that I should concentrate on flats (no pun intended), or just try higher and higher heels until I cannot work comfortably?

when I first started wearing heels I could just about cope with 2 inches. On 3 I just staggered round like I was drunk and fell over and they hurt like hell. Now I feel really good on 3 inch heels (especially the ones with the little padlocked ankle straps )

So maybe its just a matter of perserverance ?

Uh, your heels are too high!!?? (a full blond reply!)
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Heels

You're kidding right? I'm beginning to think high heels were really invented for crossdressers. I mean most women hate the things. A lot of us here prefer low heels or flats or sneakers, myself included. I can dance in them but not for long , an hour tops. Housework in them? Forget it. No offense, Hon but you must be a mutant or something. One of those folks gifted with an "X" power (like in the X-men) who has the super power of high heel wearing. Ain't me for damn sure. More power to you. I'll bet you look nice in them also. Ericka Kay
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 09-10-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Karate or ballet lessons will help strengthen those lower legs and eventually make maneuvering in heels a lot easier.
    Hail Satin!

No You're Not
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_cd View Post
    Right. Here's my point of confusion and I have no idea what the matter could be. Be warned this is not intelligent, smart or intellectual but a tad blonde, and I use that term very loosely lest someone take offence.

Give me a pair of 3.5" stilleto heels and I'm very very comfortable walking, running, doing kitchen work, whatever; poses no problem at all. Then I don my pair of 4" stilleto's and suddenly everything goes awry! Can barely walk, if I do my ankles hurt, feels like I'm walking on my toes all the time, my knees refuse to remain straight and I can't wait to take them off.

Can someone pleeeaaseeeee tell me what the problem is, if you've faced such a predicament. If not, feel free to hazard guesses and whatever you do, don't restrain yourself from witty remarks and jokes

Love,
    Sonia

You lack discipline. If you want to wear 4" heels, you should train yourself to walk in 5" heels.

hey Luv...

i have low heels that hurt my feet as well as 4in. ones that do...but i have some really comfy, high heels...just depends on the way the shoe fits...
    generally, though, reallly high heels were meant to sit with or stand in one spot with..and look feminine and sexy and make your legs Look good...not feel good...
    sneakers work for that! Sorry, but men are usually a lot heavier framed then women and weren't meant to ....perch on pins!! Anything over 3in. seems to hurt me, but what's a gurl to do? :frustrated:
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

3 inch heels I'm ok with, I have 1 pair of 4" heel round toe pumps that I can walk in for a while before they start to hurt. After a while, even 3 inch heels make my back hurt. I normally wear shorter heels around the house, like 1-1/2 to 2 inch heels. Call me crazy, but I like to vacumn in my heels.

Of course, the higher the heels, the more of your weight is supported by the balls of your foot. And, your ankle joints are being exercised to the maximum angle.
    I once had a pair of 4" pumps. I couldn't wear 'em very long before the pain was unbearable, just got rid of 'em. All of my heels now are 2 1/2-3".

Vikki

You're all missing the point. She needs to raise the ceiling in her house

Wombat
    I'm not mad - that's just a rumour started by people who don't understand the interesting contradictions of my character

Is she bonking her head on the doorways?

[SIZE="2"]Looks like I should have checked in here earlier! Thanks girls for the words of wisdom. I thought there was something wrong with me, now I'm certain there is. But it seems to kick in only in the rarified atmosphere of 4" above mean sea level.

Eleyna, thanks for the info on arches. Never thought of myself as having high arches, but now that I've looked.....I still don't see it. Looks like I'm going to be staring at people's feet or specifically arches over the next few days! Just hope thats not against some law.

Bredalee, interesting analogy!! Cracked up when I read the post!!

Erika, I couldn't agree more. High heels are made for crossdressers. Just wish someone would make the manufacturers realize that as well. Maybe that would finally help in getting heels that fit well.

Yes I am, I guess that's one way to do it. Only one problem, still haven't found a pair of 5" heels...have a pair to loan??

Caitlin...haven't bonked my head yet, but I'll mind my head for sure.

Now all this leaves me with a problem. There is this lovely pair of rarely used 4" stilleto heels that beg to be worn but are now well...useless! Sheesh!!!! I wonder what to do???!!!!...tch tch tch....

Thanks girls!
    Love,
    Sonia [/SIZE]

I feel very comfortable with heels that are smaller than 3 inches. My favourite pair has stiletto shape heels but rather low, about 2.5 inches. They feel very confortable, I can wear them a full day without having pain at the end of the day.

Higher heels become painful after about an hour to an houre and a half... So I only wear them for special evenings...

I have also flat heels women shoes, but they aren't more comfortable than the medium heel ones. And since I'm rather short, medium heels put me at the heights of modern younger girls

Well, at 60, I can dream...

Eugenie

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_cd View Post
    Eleyna, thanks for the info on arches. Never thought of myself as having high arches, but now that I've looked.....I still don't see it. Looks like I'm going to be staring at people's feet or specifically arches over the next few days! Just hope thats not against some law.
    It's not something I can 'see' looking at my feet. They look big and flat to me. If I turn them edge-on and look at them, they have a sort of spinal-curve between the heel and the end, though.

Try sitting on a relatively low seat - chair, box or something, put your feet flat on the floor and then raise your knees pivoting your foot on the ends of your toes (essentially the 'knuckle') so that the line from calves to toes is *almost* straight (give or take about 5-10 degrees) without moving your feet relative to yourself/the ground. Make sure your weight is on your behind and not your feet.

Now slowy relax your legs to lower your knees again; slowly. You may need to repeat the cycle a couple of times and relax a little, but you should be able to feel the tension in your tendons varying.

Its an exercise you can do at work while wearing drab, and it will help with the muscles that need exercising to make heel wearing more practical.

Experiment with where you place your feet relative to your body - moving them closer will tend to bring your heel up off the ground naturally, but halfway between the flat-resting posture and the point where your heel naturally comes up off the ground you'll find a point where there is less muscular tension when you have them raised about a half inch to an inch off the ground. That's the best position for the exercise.

Being rather tall I often have to sit in the heels-off-ground posture to keep my large feet under tables/chairs/out of the way etc, so that slightly off-ground posture has become totally natural for me.

even half an inch can make a huge difference !

Shoe Mathmatics 101

OK. Please take your seats...Welcome to Shoe Mathmatics 101.. If your not supposed to be in this class please leave now...OK. I'm your instructor...KARREN..<Uninteligably scratched on the blackboard>..

Hmmmm. Why is it that there no women in this class?? Ohh well...

Now take out your shoeboxes...you did all buy them new at the student union I hope..(I get a 10% cut btw ). And pull out the 4 inch pump...right the pretty pink one..

Its all a matter of the differental angle that the front of the shoe makes with back of the shoe...call that angle gama..

Now the surface area of the front of the show...Area A, can be represented in sq inches and the mass of the person acting downward on the shoe divided by two, equals Mass Q...

Now asuming the shoe is at rest..aka not moving at a high rate of speed, then the force on the toe equals the Mass times the tangent of the angle divided by the area of the toe.. Or Q Tan Gama/A. In pounds per square inch.. So as the heel increases the Tangent of gama rises increasing the resultant pressure on the toe...........

So for homework tonight.. Try on all of the shoes in the box, measure the angle, your mass and calculate the resutant pressures...

Then dress up real pretty and wear the shoes that gives you the highest bearable pressure, walk downtown to the Crossdressers.com Bar and meet me for a drink... Be sure to color cordinate with your footwear.. Ill be the one in the pink dress and pink Paradas...

First one there will get an A....and a date with me...anyone showing up in jeans will fail the class...

Class dismissed....ring ring ring.

Hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What Karen said! Well, maybe, I didn't understand most of it!

Ok. What Robert Benson said? http://newagequest.com/HH/highheels.html

Banned Read only
    Sonia try stretching your toes,stand and carefully bend them,that will help,I have no problem with heels up to 4 inch,yup I'm still trying to walk in those 5 inch without killing myself

Interesting post by Karren as usual, but over engineered.HeeHee. the answer is very simple- take the gum outta your mouth! Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long