Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Brand of Pantyhose and Why

Favorite Brand of Pantyhose and Why

Have been reading many of the threads and posts, and wonder if there is a favorite brand of pantyhose and why?

Favorite Brand

Leggs Silken Mist. The feel is sheer heaven and they are still affordable. I will in time get some Wolfords. Word is they are the best.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

I like to wear Leggs Sheer Energy Active Support. They are durable, and contain spandex, so they don't get too stretched out and fall down. Also, the spandex makes them feel good on my legs.

I don't necessarily like the color. Sometimes I want black hose and they don't come in jet black. I would like to find some that I prefer over these, but I have kinda gotten into a rut. I just buy what I know and I don't experiment.

I DON'T like Hanes silk reflections.
    I do like Hanes smooth illusions, but they are too tight normally. They come out of the package looking like they could only fit a 4 year old!!
    I have tried some Hue and Calvin Klein before, and I think I liked them.

Joe

Lifetime Pantyhose Wearer

Silk Reflections

I love Silk Reflections and Smooth Illusions. They fit me well and I love the silkyness. Jockey are ok but the thigh is too tight. I also like Hue tights.

Jamie

I've only ever tried a cople of brands. I'd say that out of the brands that I have tried, Secret are the ones that I like the best.

Favorite Pantyhose

In the old days Hanes Alive, nude support was the absolute limit! They were plain knit and probably "carded" or "boarded" before packaging which gave them a great shape and they had reinforced heels and toes, and they were shiny and swishy and they lasted and felt delicious! Size was always a problem with Hanes though as they always run small and they didn't ever make the larger or longer opera length sizes.

Hanes also quit their RHT sheer, plain knit hose back in 1992 so they're gone now too!

They've all quit! Hanes is gone, Pennies and Sears who used to make a nice sturdy and glossy hose with a sewn on waistband are discontinued too. Now all pantyhose I get are those crap, s*** once made in Mexico or Vietnam or something. The quality is gone and they only last a couple wearings. Hanes especially sucks because they have gone from being the best to the worst hosiery company. Their Alive brand feels like sandpaper now and to get that tight "support" feel they simply knit them smaller and tighter! That isn't support hose, that's a CHEAT!

My favorite are Hanes Silk Reflections. I have always loved these.

Annette

Just My Size (JMS) "Lasting Sheer".

Vikki

I have several Silk Reflections and wear them alot but this weekend I fell in love with Pretty Polly the are very well constructed and feel great.

Good Witch of the South Atlanta Peach GG's Avatar
    I have looked all over for these, and none of the K-Mart or Walmart stores I have been in carry them anymore, but I so do love Vasserette's Plus size hose.........nothing beats the spandex quality of them. They don't bag at the ankles like "Just My Size".........

Anyone know where I can get them??????? :mad:

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Keely,

The Wal Marts here still carry Vassarette. I'm not sure about *panty* hose, as I wear thigh highs, but I'll look next time I'm there.

I'm sold on VS thigh highs. Expensive? yep, but well worth the money, in my opinion. They seem to last forever! And the lace tops are gorgeous.

P.S. I just googled Vassarette, and it *shows* that Target carries them, but I couldn't seem to locate them on their web site store.
    Last edited by GG Vanya; 08-22-2006 at 12:57 AM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1959 View Post
    wonder if there is a favorite brand of pantyhose and why?
    Several people mentioned Silk Reflections. If I recall correctly, I have tried those but found that they run extremely easily, and are noticably smaller. It is possible, though, that I am confusing the brand with another similar name.

I haven't established a favorite in true pantyhose, or in pull-ups as yet. I have had good success with the Trudy (or is it Truly?) line of tights, which I find at Zellers: they fit me easily (6', 200 pounds), last well, and don't do The Ankle Creep.

Calvin Klein!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Thumbs up Favorite Pantyhose

Hi Girls, I'm with Annette on this one, Hanes Silk Reflections Plus Control Top for me. I find that the Plus 3 size fits me best of all and yes they do have a tendency to "run" easily. My next choice for casual wear is Leggs Silken Mist Q, also Control Top, they fit me well and don't "run" that easily.

Love BonnieAnne:GE:
    "to thine own self be true"

Panty Hose

The only ones i can ware are J M S, and i like the lite support,but only four shades.

Wolfords... the Rolls Royce for legs. Comfy, strokeable and hard wearing. Look great at 6am when I put them on and at 11pm when I take them off.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I like Leggs Sheer Energy in the cold part of the year, while during summer I go with Leggs Sheer Vitality or Silken Mist.

Leggs Silken Mist. They fit well, and feel good.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post

I don't necessarily like the color. Sometimes I want black hose and they don't come in jet black.

Joe
    JJJJohanne,try No- Nonsense -they have Jet black in their Sheer Endurance and their new light support.No Nonsense is my favorite brand of pantyhose,although I have others from Leggs,Simply Basic,Sears brand,and JC
    Penney's.And while we're on the subject,does anyone remember some brands that are no longer around.Believe it or not, Fruit of the Loom used to make pantyhose that felt and looked really nice,but I can't find them anymore.And does anyone remember Underalls? I used to love those hose.

I wear men's hose

I must be the only here that wears Men's Pantyhose. I wear support hose and most womens hose just don't fit me right. For the last 5 years I have been wearing Coniflon's, they are made to fit the male body, legs are longer and the waist shorter. They are very durable, most of the thigh-hi's last for a year or two. I also wear Sears Support Therapy in Firm in size F. I have tryed others, but I have found the cheap one only last a couple of wearings. I have worn George Thigh-hi's from Wal-Mart, but don't work well with shorter shorts. the 4" lace top shows when you sit down or bend over, and when you are wearing women's shorts in drab mode, the tops show often.

Meag

While I am more of a stocking girl, and I prefer the 100% nylon, no lycra versions, I have found a style of pantyhose which is acceptable. Hanes Absolutely Ultra Sheer. It has the 100% nylon leg, comes in size F which fits me. The down side is that the version sold at Dillards comes with a control top, which I don't need anymore.

Helen in OK

Banned Read only
    J.C.Penny brand Silky Sheer works fine for me. Good price and they are very durable. Same thing for the equivelant in stockings.........

I have to wear Just My Size...lol.

I have always loved to wear Vassarette pantyhose with the lacey panty. They look so sexy and feel so good. I have not been able to find them at Walmart anymore. I now buy Hanes Silken Mist pantyhose with the lacey panty. They are comparable to Vassarette. It is so fun to dress and be sexy and beautiful!!!

Aspiring Member
    Donna Karan. The legs are sheer and the panty portion is comfortable with minimal rolling at the waist. However, I buy more Hanes Silk Reflections and Leggs Sheer energy due to having an Leggs/hanes outlet store nearby.