Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchase Clothes On-Line or In-Person

Purchase Clothes On-Line or In-Person

Was wondering if people like to buy their clothes on-line or in-person ? Both would seem to have their advantages and disadvantages.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Shopping in person is great. But since I don't drive I often order online.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

the vast majority was on-line, but i have been out a couple of times with my wife, and when she's shopping for me there's no stopping her. Sharon

I buy about 90% on line at the moment.....and 10% in person.....but one day that will change... I find shopping in person so much more exciting!!!

shopping

Mostly with the wife in person.Just made the first online purchase.Als lots of little presents

always in person

I love some of the stuff on-line but I buy in person. Makes it so much better for returns if I need too.

I much prefer shopping in person and do about 65% of my shopping that way now. I still buy some online, particularly shoes (I Love Zappos).

I buy some everyday things from WalMart and Goodys, but I really like Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant. There are not too many other clothiers that offer plus size fashions in this area.

Jenna

Online gives me access to a world of the exotic; the highstreet the ability to try before I buy.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I have to buy in person, because I live with my parents, and I would have nowhere to get the things delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1959 View Post
    Was wondering if people like to buy their clothes on-line or in-person ? Both would seem to have their advantages and disadvantages.
    They certainly do have the advantages. Online you can get just about anything you want quick as a flash and with no embarrassment. Trouble is it may not be quite what you expected!

In person, you get to see the product better, feel the material, try it on if you dare and in the course of browsing you see stuff you didn't intend to buy that you like so much you buy as well!

A good way to start shopping in person is in the christmas shopping rush, no one will look twice at you browsing the racks!

buying

I a girl who is trying to start a wardrobe I find that in the UK there
    are a very good selection of little used clothing ,with variuos styles
    and all in good charity shops,
    also ,the ladies who run the stores don't seem to care if a "man" buys
    a frilly blouse

Love
    Raquel

In person love to shop with or without my wife . I don't mind the little comments sometimes you can have fun with them

Just recently have gotten the nerve to buy in person. Use to buy all clothes on E-bay.

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I buy online for three reasons,

1. I hate going into town

2. I can never get what I want in town

3. I have more chance of getting what I want online.

Anna x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

I love to buy in person most of the time in department stores like kohls and jc penneys

Platinum Member
    oh in person in the stores for shure ... i never ever bought anything for Wendy on line i am a impulse shopper i see it i want i have to have it .... right this moment ... right now,..... waiting for something sucks......

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1959 View Post

In person. In person. In person. And try them on. Even if it's a Saturday morning, the store is packed with girls and the salespersons bark at you. Put on your best smile and do whatever it takes to really know how they fit. Don't settle for the Internet thing: first, it takes all the fun out of shopping, and second, you don't know what it really looks like on you until you tried it, no matter how beautiful it looks in the picture.

I buy most of my thing on line but some I buy in stores .

I shop with my wife and we do sometimes shop on the net But doing shopping is the best
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

I do both. Online gives some choices for larger size items (especially shoes) that you often can't find in the stores. But, I prefer to buy in person (while dressed enfemme) so I can try the items on to make sure they fit and that I like the way they look on me.
    Phoebe

So far most of my stuff has been online. I've even gotten some really nice things from India that way. But this coming weekend I'll be hitting the mall as Coldwater Creek has a store where I'll be and I need to return something anyway. Another first!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    In person, 100%. You can try it, check the quality, return it.

Arrow Offline is better

Buying off ebay is cheap, but only good for certain items like undies.

Much better to shop in the stores. You get to see the clothes, feel the fabric, try them on to find the right size, asking the sales assistants whether an item suits you is fun.

The only slight annoyance is when I am just browsing, and a sales assistant asks whether I am alright. No answer except to say I am fine thanks - doh!!

Oh returns are easy (which shouldn't be needed if you try the clothes on first though).

I wonder whether the future will bring virtual touch to the internet. Seeing and feeling the clothes as if in a store. Surely not - that's fantasy land at the mo!!

I prefer to shop online. I do not have the confidence to shop in person for shoes and clothes. Online is so much easier. I did but some shoes in person once, but it was too unnerving.