Thread: Bra fitting experiences

Bra fitting experiences

How many ladies have been fitted for a bra?
    If I wanted to know where I am going I wouldn't be wearing this blindfold.

I went to Villanova's Corsets in San Francisco. Cecelia was very helpful as she measured me, gave me advice and helped me put on a bra. It was a treasured experience early in my crossdressing career. Sadly she has been out of business for several years. If you want to be fitted at a department store just ask or call for an appointment.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Hi!

I called my local JCPenney to arrange a bra fitting. They were very accomodating and professional. A female manager fitted me for a bra and she gave me several helpful suggestions when wearing a bra. It was a very positive experience and gave me much needed confidence when shopping as Michelle.

Take Care,
    Michelle

I have been fitted for a bra several times, I have also had a bra made for me, I wouldn't recommend that though as it is very expensive.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Bra Fitting

The other day I was at One Hanes Place factory outlet store and I asked for a bra fitting. The SA was very helpful in measuring me and also brought me several bras to try on. I am a 46B so I did not have alot to select from but I did find one that fit me. I will have to use their catlog for a bigger selection.
    Mary

I have not had a bra fitting yet, but all your posts here convinced me that I should give it a try...

From reading your experiences, it seems like the sales attendants were rather supportive. How did you introduce your demand for bra fitting? Were you "en femme" when you did it?

Eugenie

One thing I've discovered about having a "bra fitting" is that some of the S.A.s don't know exactly how to take proper measurements. My first "fitting" resulted in me being measured as a 46A. Of course the particular store I was in didn't carry that size. When I finally did find the size I was looking for, and tried it on, the thing hung like a sack on me. Very wrong sizing.
    By this time I had gotten a bit more courage about bra shopping and had figured out that a 40B worked O.K. so that was what I was buying. I finally found a private lingerie shop and after going there for awhile asked for another fitting. This time I was measured as a size 44A. (no wonder the 40B felt tight, although they did kinda work).
    Since I've been working out and loosing weight my bras have become a bit baggy and floppy. Went for another fitting about a month ago and, wonder of wonders, I can wear a size 38B. My last fitting was done in another private owned lingerie shop, where I have established a nice rapport with the owner.
    If you frequent a particular shop and have become known as a good customer, you'll be treated well.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I had a fitting at J.C. Pennys a few months ago and was treated very good. I have bought several bras, some panties nd an OBG there since.

Hi!

I had my first ever bra fitting a few months ago and it went very well. I just phoned ahead and asked the manageress if she was fine with the fitting and the rest is history!

Sara xxx

Bra Fitting

I very often buy clothes at Lane Bryant and I have had wonderful experiences. My first bra was a 44b and now that my girlish figure has improved I have actually gone to a 42b/c. They have been very helpful in suggesting certain styles that will fit properly. Isn't dressing fun!

I feel like this is kind of a stupid question but do they need to measure you with your shirt off in order to get a proper fit? I was wondering if they could just measure you over a thin t shirt or under shirt.

Its always been said on here that Lane Bryant is probably the best and most friendly place to have a fitting. I have called the two closest to me and asked but didnt feel like the sales person was that warm in her response....but maybe it was me over analyzing it.

About 7 years ago, I was in my local Victorias Secret shopping. I was talking with the store manager (I had come out to the staff in this store). Spontaneously, the manager asked me whether or not I had ever had a bra fitting. I responded "no". Her response was--"Well, there is no time like the present, let's go". She led me back to the fitting room. She had me remove my shirt and measured on bare skin. She told me that I was a 38, and with my body build, I should go no larger than a B cup. She told me to stay right there in the fitting room. She came back with five different styles of bras in 38B and a set of VS breast enhancers. I bought 2 of the Body by Victoria bras and the enhancers. I have been a steady customer since.

It was like falling off a log.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T
    I went to Villanova's Corsets in San Francisco. Cecelia was very helpful as she measured me, gave me advice and helped me put on a bra. It was a treasured experience early in my crossdressing career. Sadly she has been out of business for several years. If you want to be fitted at a department store just ask or call for an appointment.
    I also bought a corset from her. She had me try it on for size. Ostensibly it was a shop for GG's, but displayed corsets on manniquins in the window.

There was a big writeup on her in one of the major dailies. She said a number of her customers were out of town business men who'd buy undergarments and wear them under their business suits while attending meetings.

Mitzi

I was looking for a long line bra several yearsago. Went to Florence's in Wakefield MA and had Barbara fit me for the bra. Tried on several with her doing them up in the back and adjusting it for the best fit. I finally selected two but had to choose between them. I got the lacy one.
    Susann
    Susann_Gardener