Thread: Wedding Dresses

Wedding Dresses

I have been working with a therapist for a year and a half now. Primarily on gender issues, but really on a lot of things. Today in our session, I noticed that she was wearing an engagement ring. We talked about the wedding and she mentioned that although she would wear white, she really wasn't into fancy dresses. I said, I have this growing desire to wear a wedding dress and have pictures taken.

funny how the world turns.

tiffany

For a lot of us married gurls, The wedding dres is a sacred thing for the GG's. My wife is very supportive, but I think she'd draw the line at a wedding dress. JNHO...BJ
    ps. Not sure about this, but I'm not going to push it.

Wedding dress

Funny how that works. I've got a wedding dress and in the back of my mind, long for "The day" when I could wear it for real. Not planning on transitioning but we CD's must have a hidden "shoes and rice" gene in us somewhere. Sigh! Ericka Kay

I glowed for a whole day when I wore my friends wedding dress...and are they heavy!!!!

My wedding dress photos - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karren...=/457a&.src=ph

Wish I could find where my wife hid hers.....hehehe

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-01-2006 at 06:21 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My wife has asked me if I wanted to get one. Although I really would like one, I just don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    My wife has asked me if I wanted to get one. Although I really would like one, I just don't see the point.
    Ask your wife how she felt when she put hers on? Logically, there is no point...but then again what's the point of crossdressing..hehehe. But something just changes when you put it on...wouldn't call it a religious moment...or a quantum shift in subspace...but the feeling is wonderful!!!

Akin to going outside enfemme to get the paper times 10.

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504 View Post
    For a lot of us married gurls, The wedding dres is a sacred thing for the GG's. My wife is very supportive, but I think she'd draw the line at a wedding dress. JNHO...BJ
    ps. Not sure about this, but I'm not going to push it.
    I have to agree with you on this...and it was just reinforced by my wife. When we got married there was no dress. Just jeans and a JP in Reno, NV.

Funny though, the first dress I ever tried on was a wedding dress
    Drumming, My other hobby

As I've posted a few times, I love wedding gowns. As Karren says, it's a whole different feeling from other kinds of dressing, mmmm...

And they can be bought on ebay reasonably with a little patience and judicious screening.

This is my latest, also posted on another forum.

Mitzi

Banned Read only
    I bought a real nice one on ebay for $165, but it was a size 8 and turned out to be a little small for me -- I can't fully zip it up. Maybe I'm a size 12 instead.

OK Karren,you talked me into it. I wonder if my wife will stil let me get one

Gown and Dress Lover Tiffany Anne 9954's Avatar
    I own 2 wedding gowns and thier the best purchases i've made since I started dressing.
    Wedding gowns have allways been an interest to me.
    I envy these cd's i've seen on the net who have a whole CLOSET of wedding gowns. If they can have more than one--why can't I.

interesting range of opinions

I never thought of the wedding dress as sacred, i can see how it would seem it crosses the line. To me it is the ultimate expression of being feminine. Something I strive for when I dress.

Tiffany

I Would Like A Wedding A Dress, Being 6ft3 Size 18 I Think Would Be Hard To Find.

Hello All,
    I have 3 wedding gowns of my own and one of my wife's that fits if I am thin enough. For anyone wanting one, I too would recommend ebay, particularly a vendor called "Heiphy." Be careful though, wedding gowns run small. Go with the size charts. If the waist fits, you will be fine for the bust and hips. Make sure you get all the trimmings too, like full slip, veil, tiara, gloves, white stockings and garter, shoes, etc. Wedding gowns are wonderful!!!
    Dore

Quote Originally Posted by roseann View Post
    I Would Like A Wedding A Dress, Being 6ft3 Size 18 I Think Would Be Hard To Find.
    I am not that much different than you in height, in weight I am, but my gown size is 26/28 depending on maker. Anyway these items are avail. Sometimes with a little more cost. What I done when I went shopping for either of the two wedding gowns I own, is I went to bridal shops and got sized up, then looked at their on hand displays and picked ones I liked. Of course I did call ahead and make sure it was ok for a CD to come in and try on a gown. Of the 7 places I called only 2 said that if I wanted to try any on it would have to be a time when the store was not normally open and a male fitter was avail because the women fitters were not comfortable with the idea of helping people, such as us, on and off with the gowns. The other 5 places all allowed me to come in during normal business hours, pick out a few gowns then try them on, and 3 of these 5 had remarkable customer service in that they offer assistance with proper picking of all the various accessories and then they used my digital camera to take a few photos of me so I could then take them home evaluate which gown(s) I liked and then went and purchased, I also made sure that the shops I dealt with had a layaway plan, this made it much easier.

If you want to see a pic of me in one of the gowns that I tried on, that is if it is still up being the contest is about over, you may go to OUT2.com and for the zip code use any in Pa, such as 17111 for Harrisburg, and in the weddings section there will be a contest for being a spokesbride and you can view the entrants and vote for your favorite. Have a nice day.

I love wedding gowns and always feel so jealous of the bride. I would love yo have a wedding--if just for fun, with bridesmaids,etc. But, I'd want a shower as well--to explore the whole bridal experience.

i have one

I just got one for free this earlier this week. i made a post abbout it. i haven't been able to get some ashlee pics but hope tobe able to come monday. it feels exhilarating wearing it!

Gold Member
    Gee wiz another wedding dress thread

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    Well at least it's not another panty thread
    Well you got a good point there

I got one n it's the best purchase I've ever made.
    I am a complete woman when I wear it.
    I would like to experience one day wearing it with my man in a rented hall.
    _____

Unhappy

I came close to getting one once. I was at the storage area where I keep my clothes and was throwing trash into the bin and saw a wedding dress, in it's windowed storage box, in the bin. It was probably from a just divorced gal putting her stuff in storage and she threw it away. I wanted to rescue it, but there were too many people around and I was short on time.

i personally feel every cd has to experience the feeling of wearing a wedding gown. you will find you will not want to take it off no matter how long you have worn it. certainly not sacred to GG's, to me it is the ultimate in womens clothing
    OFF TO GET MY NIGHTDRESS ON