Thread: Fun at Rainbow Mountain

Fun at Rainbow Mountain

My wife (AngGG) spent 3 days at Rainbow Mountain in the Poconos and we had so much fun - Well I think I had a little more fun.

We left from work on Monday night and I got changed in the car which was the first time I have changed in the car - I right of passage for a crossdresser I guess. We got there and checked into our room which was clean and had all the essentials with a great view of the mountains. We got changed for bed and I did my nails and then did Angela’s toes which I enjoy doing. We had a great night sleep and woke up at about ten, showered and got dressed for breakfast - It is nice, they have a late breakfast seating until noon. I walked into the breakfast area and did not feel the least bit uncomfortable and were greeted with “Hello ladies.”. We ordered breakfast and proceeded to have some conversion with the other guests again without any stress or judgment. After breakfast my wife wanted to get some different shampoo, so we drove into town and went to CVS. We were shopping with me fully dressed and I did not feel the least bit uncomfortable - My confidence level was very high from breakfast. Angela wanted to go see Bushkill Falls and I told her I felt comfortable going dressed but when we got there Angela felt uncomfortable so headed back to the resort and I said we should go tomorrow with me in boy mode. But, on the way back Angela wanted a soda so we stopped at McDonalds and we saw a sign for a lingerie store. So, of course we had to go shopping. The funny part is that when we pulled into the parking lot they were doing construction and there were ½ dozen workers right in front of the store - Did not stop me I was on a girly high. We looked around and found a few thing then I found the prefect 2 piece bathing suit so I tried it on and it looked great. When we got back we decided to go to the pool and of course I had to wear my new suit. Had a great time at the pool and again did not feel the least bit uncomfortable. We went back to the room and got ready for dinner and of course Angela got ready 1,2,3 but I had to fuss over my makeup and what outfit to wear. We arrived at the restaurant and once again was greeted with “Hello ladies” - That just feels so good. The dinner was very good and is included in the price of room. After dinner we went down to the pool side bar for a few cocktails and met some very interesting people and some great conversation - Again not feeling the least bit uncomfortable.

After being in girly mode since Monday night, we woke up Wednesday and I got dressed in boy mode for out trip to Bushkill Falls - I hurt to have take off my nail polish . We went to breakfast and were greeted by the manager after we sat down with a funny “Hello girls and boy.” After breakfast we went to the falls and I was glad I was not wearing my wig and makeup since we ended up taking the longest and hardest trail. By the way the falls were incredible. After the falls, we came back and got dressed for dinner. They let us have our dinner that we missed on Monday even though we were checking out Wednesday and it was delicious again. After dinner we took some pictures and then I drove home fully dressed. We stopped at a scenic overlook arriving just as the sun was setting and again got out of the car without any fear - I was now on a super girly high.

The whole tip was just wonderful and I have to thank my incredible wife for setting the whole thing up as I was a little leery of going at first. This is a great place and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to spend lots of time being girly without any of the stress and the staff is incredibly friendly.

And, finally after my long story I have to say that I am the luckiest person alive to have a wife as wonderful as Angela and she is my one true love.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michellefcd; 09-05-2006 at 06:24 PM. Reason: correction

Great Photos. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. You are a very lucky lady, Michelle, to have such an understanding wife.

Karen Sue

Great story and photos Michelle! You are indeed lucky to have a wife that would organize that kind of outing and participate with you like that.
    Phoebe

OK ,I want a vacation like that

MichelleFCD's other half
    I love you too honey!

I have to say we had a wonderful time, the staff and other guests at Rainbow Mountain treated us wonderfully. For those of you who dont know Rainbow Mountain, it is located in Pennsylvania in the Poconos so the setting is beautiful. The place itself is Gay/Lesbian/TG oriented so if you think about it "I" was the odd lady out at this resort!! But they made me feel just as welcome as my sweetie. Bushkill falls was another story! When we got out of the car I just got so apprehensive because of all the families walking around...I guess it was a good thing though because Michelle's feet would have been killing her at the end of the day had we stayed(even though she was in flat sandals at the time)!

Anyway I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to go there. The people are friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed, the rooms are not plush but are clean and comfortable, we were not there for the weekend but from what they said it's a big party with shows and stuff, the food was very good and the views wonderful. Their website is RainbowMountain.com for anyone interested. Ya ya I know sounds like a commercial but hey the way I figure it is that we had such a nice time there they deserve some praise!

AngGG
    AngGG

Rainbow

Damn, I must have missed you guys. I'm a regular at Rainbow Mt. I go up there most every weekend to socialize and dance. I love to dance. I didn't go last Friday or Saturday, however as I was taking a break. I went for the special show on Sunday(as Richard however). My friends Jerry(bartender) and Jayson(front desk clerk) performed in it. Most of the regulars up there know me pretty well. Hope you come back soon. Would love to meet you. Take care, Love, Ericka Kay

I want a vacation like that, too!!!

Or to a nudist colony, where every body is on a level playing field.

Alice

My dear wife and I stopped by the resort a few years ago. She was a real trooper to go with me..of course I was in drab. Looked to be a nice place with a lot of very nice staff. It is a little dream of mine to spend a mini vacation up ther on Nebo Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEva View Post
    My dear wife and I stopped by the resort a few years ago. She was a real trooper to go with me..of course I was in drab. Looked to be a nice place with a lot of very nice staff. It is a little dream of mine to spend a mini vacation up ther on Nebo Hill.
    And you both would be more than welcome there, Eva. Ericka Kay

That sounds like a wonderful getaway. I am so pleased for both of you! Thanks for sharing the story with us

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Michelle,
    Quote Originally Posted by Michellefcd View Post
    We arrived at the restaurant and once again was greeted with “Hello ladies” - That just feels so good.
    I know exactly what you mean! I absolutely adore it when this happens to me and Marla. I go all gooey inside at the thought of being grouped together with my wife as "ladies"
    Quote Originally Posted by Michellefcd View Post
    I found the prefect 2 piece bathing suit so I tried it on and it looked great. When we got back we decided to go to the pool and of course I had to wear my new suit.
    That's one thing I've not done yet...been en femme in a swimsuit by the pool. Tell me, did your swimsuit have a little skirt on it or where you all "cache-ed up"?

Hi Ang,
    Quote Originally Posted by AngGG View Post
    The place itself is Gay/Lesbian/TG oriented so if you think about it "I" was the odd lady out at this resort!!
    Maybe they thought you were two lesbians?

Quote Originally Posted by AngGG View Post
    Bushkill falls was another story! When we got out of the car I just got so apprehensive because of all the families walking around.
    Hummm...better to be safe than sorry I guess.

I'm so glad you two had a great time and I love hearing about other people's en femme outings, especially crossdressing couples outings Keep doing it, and keep posting about it - you too sound like you're naturals!

P.S. ...posting with pics says a thousand words - they, and you, look great!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 09-07-2006 at 04:45 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Although it has been since the 1989-90 time frame since I frequented Rainbow Mt., I was a regular there for a couple of seasons, before I moved from the Pocono area.

I was always warmly recieved by everyone and I mean everone. It was very friendly. I have to assume that many of the people who worked there then are no longer working there and I am reaching the time of life where names sometimes elude me. I have a picture here where in 1990 I was made the "Prom Queen" on prom night. I have many very fond memories of my times at the "Rainbow".

Angel,

Yes, the bottom had a skirt on it and did a great job of hiding the equipment. It has a pink bottom with a pink and white top and I cannot believe we found this in a small town lingerie store after we looked in all the big department stores on Long Island with no success. It definitely was fun sitting by the pool feeling all girly and even got a light feminine tan line - I burn easily so I always put on strong sun screen.

Michelle

Smile rainbow mtn

Great photo's, sounds like a great place to visit.