Thread: Book Recommendation

Book Recommendation

I'm reading one of many books on the long list of books recommended to me. I don't usually have time to read more than an article or two a week, but I'm making time for this one 'cause it's very good.

It's called Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green, an FtM who is also an activist (including being past president of FTM International). It's a good read for trans and non-trans people. He tells his own fascinating story and goes into details and explanations about transitioning and what life is like for transpeople (MtFs as well as FtMs).

So if you're looking for a well-researched, well-written and enlightening book, I highly recommend it.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    i know i keep going on and on about him and you must all be bored sick of hearing about him

but im about half way through Dhillon Khosla's 'Both Sides Now. one man's journey though womanhood' book it is an autobiography and he really mirrors in his early years how i felt growing up and still feel now, it really is an amazing book of an amazing journey by an amazing man, definitely a must have on the bookshelf of ANY FTM

Good guy

I would recommend it as well. Jamison used to write regular articles for the erstwhile publication of Renaissance, Transgender Comminity News. I used to read his articles with great interest. Very informative. Ericka Kay

::shy::

Crossdressing with Diginity

Peggy J. Rudd's "Crossdressing with Dignity?"
    Has anyone read this?
    Can anyone suggest any more books to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordana View Post
    Peggy J. Rudd's "Crossdressing with Dignity?"
    Has anyone read this?
    Can anyone suggest any more books to me....
    Hi, Jordana and welcome

What kind of books are you looking for? Regarding crossdressing? Transsexuality? Male to Female? Female to Male? Something else?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Royal Horticultural Societys " Encyclopedia of Gardening " is my all time favourite ..... or most anything by Philip K Dick .....
    ' Perfume " is another classic.....

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Jamison rocks!

You guys might be interested in Norah Vincent's "Self-Made Man," which chronicles her posing as a man for 18 months. I've got a lengthy review on my blog. You might find it a bit of downer -- although personally I think it was a bit too much, too fast for Vincent to handle in part from the "extreme" situations she put herself into -- but it's definitely useful reading for transguys.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

"Transgender Warriors" by Leslie Feinberg is recommended reading for all TG people, IMHO.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe