Thread: Slips

Slips

[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
    what Slips do you prefer

Vintage or New

New, but if vintage means anything over 25 years then I could be tempted by the 1950s American flared petticoats.

Helen xx

Quote Originally Posted by HeleninSpain View Post
    New, but if vintage means anything over 25 years then I could be tempted by the 1950s American flared petticoats.

Helen xx
    Oh yes 50s my fav too

I wear new but I would love to have a vintage outfit, preferably victorian, with the corset included.
    Slips is the first thing my wife explained to me about when I first started going out. She says always wear a slip under your skirt no matter what. I never leave home without a slip on.

New or vintage, as long as they are full. There is nothing that makes me feel better than seeing a trace of lace peeking out from under my skirt or dress.

Karen Sue

I LOVE the Shadowline brand at www.shadowline-lingerie.com. Terrific pictures in the catalog!!
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar
    Full slips, black ... lace trim ... love to wear them and show off my pretty shoulders and arms ... and then I feel so totally female.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Anne View Post
    I wear new but I would love to have a vintage outfit, preferably victorian, with the corset included.
    Slips is the first thing my wife explained to me about when I first started going out. She says always wear a slip under your skirt no matter what. I never leave home without a slip on.
    Good advise x

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    New or vintage, as long as they are full. There is nothing that makes me feel better than seeing a trace of lace peeking out from under my skirt or dress.

I always make sure that my slip is as long as the hem of my skirt/dress. when i move there is always a glimce of my slip.

It is nice to see how many skirts/dressess are showing lace beneath there hems, unfortunatly most of them are not slips.

Wonder how many of us have noticed this. x

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Kay View Post
    I LOVE the Shadowline brand at www.shadowline-lingerie.com. Terrific pictures in the catalog!!
    I have a shadowline half slip and it's very nice to wear x

I have some new ones still building
    Angie

Classic Lingerie Lover

I Love Slips

I think slips are the best femme item of clothes. I never dress without at least one or more. This includes petticoats, full slips and waist slips. I've collected a nice selection over time and am still finding more on E-Bay. I just love E-Bay!!

Hugs,
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

I too, like slips and like those who posted earlier, have some full and half slips. Some are new and a few are vintage from the 50s I feel like I am not fully dressed with a slip on. (HUG) Felicia

All my slips are new. Is there somewhere you can purchase slips in the styles they at in the 50's and 60's?

Annette

When I put on a dress, I have to have a matching full slip on too. If I am wearing a skirt, then a half slip is required. I like my slip to be about 1 or 2 inchs shorter than the helm of my dress or skirt. I don't like my slip showing. LOL The most fem slip is one that is worn under a long evening gown. The type that has the slit up the side or back. The feel it gives you as you move is wonderful. Then too I love sexy long evening gowns. The type that you need to pull up a little so you can walk up steps. The older 40/50 era gowns were fab. Don't find any like that nowadays.

I was at a doo in May this year and i was wearing my new long dress (powder blue) I bought a new long full slip to wear with it. The feminine feeling I had whilst I was wearing this dress and feeling the slip under it was incredable. I too love long dressess. x

there is somthing about the 50's that we all like

[SIZE="2"]VINTAGE[/SIZE] of course!!!!!!!!!

Shadowline sells that very kind of vintage look now, get them before they are gone!