Thread: Pre/non-op lesbian M2Fs: Dating site experiences?

Aspiring Member

Pre/non-op lesbian M2Fs: Dating site experiences?

A question to pre/non-op M2Fs who like women: What are your experiences like with posting your profile on a dating site?

Do you post your profile as "man seeking woman" or "woman seeking woman"? Neither category accurately presents a pre/non-op M2F 100%, but you have to pick one on most dating sites.

I'm kind of thinking of posting two different profiles. One would be "man seeking woman" and it would emphasize that while I look like a woman on the outside, I have a penis. The other would be "woman seeking woman" and it would emphasize the opposite: even if I have a penis, I look like a woman on the outside.

I think the "woman seeking woman" profile would more accurately describe an M2F, although most women are heterosexual and won't even see the "woman seeking woman" section, so it may be advantageous to also post under "man seeking woman" assuming that some of the heterosexual women could be "converted".
    Last edited by JenniferMint; 09-17-2006 at 01:09 AM.

[SIZE=3]I'd go down the 'woman seeking woman' path. In your profile, you'll just have to state clearly you're a pre-op transsexual and how advanced you are into your transition. I think it's the most appropriate description and option to be honest.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Woman Seeking Bi Fem

Hmm, I just wrote and erased a reply that agreed with the previous post, that "woman seeking woman" is best.

The reason I erased it, is this: it occurred to me that when you're advertising something to "sell", you should use the medium where the "buyers" are. So, if what I've got to offer is a sweet, potentially loving woman, feminine but not amazingly so, and with an extra "dividend" for the bedroom, where are the potential "buyers" going to be?

Viewed in these terms, the answer is almost certainly, "none of the above". It's "woman seeking bisexual female", with details in the description. Several dating sites offer bi as a choice for both the seeker and the seek-ee.

Seeking bisexual female says you're looking for woman who is going to enjoy loving someone without regard to gender, outward or inward. Woman seeking says that you primarily present as female, so that's what she should expect when you show up at Starbuck's for that introductory cup of coffee .

Hugs,
    Susie

Aspiring Member
    Hmm, good point about dating sites that allow "bisexual" as an option!

Unfortunately the mainstream dating sites, even if they're aware of gays/lesbians, don't cater to bisexuals. Like, even if you're a cisgendered woman who wants either a man or a woman, you'd have to make two different profiles (woman seeking man, and woman seeking woman).

Most Bi girls are not looking for men of any description. Which is a shame, but there we are.
    The whole gender issue is eternally fascinating, confusing, and downright annoying. In my opinion the genuine Tg person has huge problems when seeking that ideal partner, unless prepared to make several incorrect choices along the way.
    Surely ( I have convinced myself ), the ideal partner for a girly guy is a boyish girl. As you say, only the starting point is the problem. Let me know if you "crack" it.
    Win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    Hmm, good point about dating sites that allow "bisexual" as an option!

Unfortunately the mainstream dating sites, even if they're aware of gays/lesbians, don't cater to bisexuals. Like, even if you're a cisgendered woman who wants either a man or a woman, you'd have to make two different profiles (woman seeking man, and woman seeking woman).
    Really, try a different dating site. Here in Chi-Town the Chicago Reader personal ads section has lots of categories including pretty much any possible combination (such as "tg looking for women". Otherwise you'll get a lot of misguided or useless responses. Not that that should surprise you: even if your ad is accurate and detailed, a large number of responses to "non conventional ads" (I often posted as a tv seeking men) are from bogus posers who just want to waste your time.