View Poll Results: Which style should I choose for a new wig ?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should I choose style No 1

42 40.38%
  • Style # 2

19 18.27%

35 33.65%
  • neither

8 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam-antha has another problem - with you.

Number 3 was my vote. I like the cut of the wig itself. But as other have said, it does depend on your facial features. If you were able to try all three on before you purchased, you might have you own opinion and say "to hell with the poll", I like this one best.
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

Which wig?

I would choose #3. I have seen this one several times before and would dearly love to try it on, if I could find the right larger sizes. I like it because it would help to show my earrings more completely.
    Gretchen

I like 3. It will show your earrings. But it realy does depend on your facial features.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I voted for #3, but also think#1 is nice. I would definately suggest going to a wig shop and trying some on. That is the only way you can really tell which style and color will look best. I have done this and it is a fun and rewarding experience. The shop ladies have always been wonderful! It is a lot of fun to actually laugh at some of the choices when they are not right! If you call around to the shops you will get a feel for which ones will be accepting and helpful. I have purchased 2 wigs from Don-Murnane in Minneapolis and will go back again. The shop will also help with styling your wig to get the look you want. Good luck and have fun!

The one on the right

I choose 1

Try ivilliage.com makeover matic you can upload a pic of yourself and
    try on lots of wigs.

Hugz,

Petra
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is difficult without getting a profile but I think that #2 is the best because it helps mask a male jaw line. I am a bit put off by the height of the top though

Fi

Untitled
    Try one of those programmes you can get that allows you to put up a photo of yourself and then add make-up, wigs etc. That will show better than any photo of a model or polystyrene bust.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Without knowing about your facial features, this is harder than it would be otherwise; nonetheless, I picked three (the one farthest to the viewer's right.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenCD View Post
    Sam-antha

I picked 2, and I also liked 3. Number 1 doesn't seem as real. Much of this depends though on your facial characteristics and age.

Colleen
    warmly, Linnea

Okay, I just voted for Style #3. However, I am torn between it and Style #1. #3 is a bit 'flatter' on top and shows the ears more. So, that is the main reason I went with #3. #2, from the picture, looks very much like #3.

If it were me getting a wig, I would prefer one with shoulder lenght hair. Personally, I don't really care for the short hair styles. However, a wig or going out in obvious fem dress would not work since I have a mustache, and I am not going to shave it. It has been a part of me since 1972 and it is staying.

Diana

Hi Samantha,

I totally agree with Jodi, you will have to be the judge on what looks good on you. My advice is to get a wig that fits your facial features and age. And not to go by pictues of a model. Of the three pictures you presented. I like the first. But that's just me, I like that kind of style.

Huggs, Renee

Sam-antha I think I'd go with #1
    Angie

Wig color and shape depend so much on your own facial features, skin tone, etc. It's impossible to judge by looking at distant pictures of you, and pictures of wigs on other people. Personaly, I like longer hair, and bangs (obvious if you look at my avatar). The first two appear to be too big for the heads they are on, and the third appears to slenderize the face, which might benefit you. Longer hair makes you look younger, partly because older women then to wear their hair much shorter. So if you are trying to look older, shorter is probably better.

Maybe all these variables help explain why I have more wigs than you do.
    Hugs,

Bernice

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Right on Bernice, it is almost impossible but only because it seems to be so. But, it is fun.
    ~Samm
    PS I am trying to look younger.
    ~S
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I picked neither. They all look too wiggy to me. Super fake looking.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Right girls, decision time is past, choice time is up and pay up time has gone.
    I went today, this afternoon to Edinburgh.

Thank you all for your help and thoughts in this and the other thread and I mostly agreed with your ideas.
    Wig sample Number one was included as a wish item, young face, bright eyed, perhaps a bit vacant, but she should be bushy tailed, even if the wig looked as though it had been dropped onto her.

Wig sample Number two, with the fewest votes was a no go for various reasons, if the neckalace had been removed it would ot have looked so good.
    Wig sample Number three I did not like too much.

That left me this afternoon with decision time in a wee shop, (With a turnover this year of £1,000,000. (There is money in the things, especially if you provide the famous with the £800 -£1,000 couture hairpiece, plus a steady order from the Muppets.)
    The choice really did revolve around one and three in terms of length and cut.
    I opted for a wig with a longer fringe than on #1, go the sides thinned out, chose a length around my collar at the back with a tousled rear look as at present.
    Blondish of course, but a two tone, dark with light highlights. A few scissor snips and there I was, possessor of a fourth wig.
    The one you know is actually the first, and dates from the seventies with a Chinese pedigree. It is a bit heavy nowadays, no longer flexible and finger combable and the band perished and replaced long, long ago.
    To see me with it on top you will have to wait. My wife is away for a while with my camera, but fear not, I got another one today, with a large memory from the Olympus stable. (Like the last one.) But there are differences, which once sorted, will allow me to continue with my Scottish Castles, Houses and other things Scottish visits with a new model me.
    More on the whole thing later

Huggzzes
    ~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 11-15-2006 at 12:08 PM.

Which Is The Best

I would also chose no 3

The Result is showing now, in the "Lets have fun thread by Florence, more later, elsewhere.

~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"