Thread: Prospects for 2005

Prospects for 2005

'Tis the season to look back on the year just passed, and look toward the new year. What will happen this next year for you?

For me in 2005: The Purge will end. Stephanie will be out and about once again. I will no longer allow my self to be repressed. Accordingly, my marriage will either improve or end; there is no marriage now, so "ending" is merely a legality at this point.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

boy that's a tough one. but i think my goal for 2005 will be to continue to educate others and keep my presence in the community in the hopes people will become acclimated to the idea of cross dressers being more than something to laugh at in movies.

Fractl,

I hope things get better for you in the new year. I hate to see your marriage fail. However, if it is as dead as you say maybe it's best for both of you. My best to you.

Vivian

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonUK
    My plans for 2005:

1) I am finally going to get Allison out of the flat! Mid January I am driving down to Manchester with a local girl to have my first night out en femme. There are a group of girls I know who go out there at least once a month, and I have finally plucked up the courage to join them. If only I knew what to wear!

2) I am going to come out to more of my friends. Currently two GG friends and one bloke (well two blokes it seems) know about Allison. I shall be doing something about this, I cannot live a lie any longer. I need to be truthfull to myself and others.

3) I am going to get a better job!!!
    Hi all

Seems 2005 will be a turning point for many of us, Most i feel for Allison and Stephanie (fractlgrrl)

Also like Allison i have decided to come out to the few of my friends who do not Know I am A Tgirl.

and like Erica i will get 1 year older i hope.

Love to you all

Laura

For me, this is a good thing. At present I don't much care for life. Why should I if I'm always getting the message I'm some horrible piece of garbage? It's just how life is. To me, we'll either correct and improve our marriage - my hope - or we divorce and my life improves anyway - the probable outcome. In either case, life becomes a bit more pleasant. That's a good thing.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

To lose a ton of weight,get back into shape and join the US Marines as an officer.2nd Lt SIR!

Well, I've pushed my luck with my wife this past year, especially this past month. She's been better at accepting and buying me things to show it.

We went out this evening to a local resturaunt/store (Cracker Barrel) and I got to wear my new boots. Nails were painted a frosty white all day.

We went to PA for most of the day, then some after Xmas sales at the mall (Tyson's Corner) afterwards.

Next year we have her parents 50th anniversary to attend in Texas and then our 30th (hopefully in Hawaii). By then I hope to have lost 100 lbs, 50 more to go, and getting harder.

So to make sure I don't upset the apple cart, I'll let my wife have more say and my outward appearance while out and about.

2006 however, I may try go to a couple of places on vacation enfemme, maybe.
    DonnaT

This is really going to be a some what of a big year for me. Especially now that I am coming to terms with myself on who I am. I'm still going to take it one step at a time. I also hope to get to know more of you girls throughout the new year.

Hugs and kisses.

Love
    Dinah

social babe
    Well girls ,

2003 , I finally came out of the closet to my family and completed 15 photosessions as Merinda

2004 , I started going out dressed (4 times ) , comleted 13 photosessions outings included

2005 , expect less photosessions ( up to 4 ) BUT the photo's will hopefully be bigger and better challenges.
    I'm happy to meet some of the Melbourne girls after I get to know them better ,I'm open to any make-up or dressing tips.
    [SIZE=3]Merinda[/SIZE]

For 2005 I have every intention of maintaining my sanity. As for improving my life as a crossdresser, I don't know that it could get any better. I have no desire to inform any of my family, my wife knows and that is enough. I have no desire to put my family into any kind of trauma over my desire to wear dresses and think I'm sexy. It's enough for me to know, why take it to them? I don't want to go to Christmas dinner as Susan, or take my mom to dinner as Susan, or any of that. My friends don't need to know. I'm perfectly happy to continue trying to get down to a size 12 dress and leave it at that.

I'd like to lose alot of weight, and be have the skill and guts to go out and enjoy myself as I am. Keeping it short in that I keep getting disconnected.

Smile 2005

Like some previous posts the #1 objective is to lose weight.Then my confidence will be stronger for any number of scenes.As I have only came on line in Oct, I have joined a couple of local c-d groups and expect 2005 to be quite exciting.

May I also take time to say hi to Dinah_Power.You will get to know everybody pretty quickly and will probably be surprised how atached you will become to the girls here.It's a great bunch.

ditto on losing some weight. It's so hard to find anything in a size 16 that suits me.

This time next year I should also be moving to Denver and actually going out for a change... guess I should practice my makeup a bit before then!

Tristen Cox
    Welcome to the forum Koneko!

Stephanie I pray the new year will bring you many wonderful things.

As for me, work on my education, make some money, improve my wardrobe, and get the hell outta Florida!

Julie
    Welcome Koneko, great to have you here.

Unlike many of you girls who want to lose some weight my wish for 2005 is to put a little weight on. Mad I know but sometimes being able to eat like crazy and not put an ounce of weight on is annoying to me as the opposite is to you.

I will also endeavour when I become aware of it try to correct any discrimination to any minority group when it is merited.

JJ
    Last edited by Julie J; 12-27-2004 at 03:19 PM.

The year 2004 has been a huge change in my life, with my mother dying, my 10 years as a carer came to an end, moving homes and finally Katie re-awaking with a vengence after many years.

For 2005 I have no doubt Katie will be the main focal of my life, I must try to resolve the conflict within me between the guilt of wanting to dress and the need to be Katie. I must omit this has been giving bouts of depression that are hard to overcome at times.

In 2004 Katie joined two local groups and in 2005 hopes to go out more, that will mean she will have to get a more extensive wardrope.

I am not sure yet if I will out to a few friends but if I do it will done after a great deal of thought.

On other matters I will became a grandparent again.

Happy New Year to you all may it bring all that you wish for.

PHP Code:
    Mind of a WomanBody of a ManLifes a Bitch 

Platinum Member
    stephanie looking foward to you out and free as for your marriage i only wish you the best........keep danceing girl

as for me i will keep up with the thearepy tons of work to be done their. this year comming i want to get more real esate in florida spend the winters down on the gulf coast...........a new boat there would be nice........like to get the wife to retire too.
    spend more time on fixing the things that i mess up over the years
    to be a better person or persons

Hi all,

In 2005 I'm going to:

1) Start thinking about the wonderful future ahead, and stop dwelling on the horrible past behind me.
    2) start giving Mona the attention she deserves, oh, and the shoes and clothes that she deserves too! (damn purges!)
    3) Start telling my friends. I am tired of having to second guess myself all the time. Big step though, maybe I'll take that one slowly, next December sounds like a good time right now. I am inspired by Allison's progress, so I know who to blame if it all goes tits-up! (Good luck in Manchester Allison!)
    4) Laser this damned hair off my face!
    5) Stop fannying around and go to get my nails done professionally.
    6) Work on strengthening my relationships with my loved ones, old and new alike
    7) Er...End world hunger.
    8) Oooh, and get buff and sexy for my baby, lol.

Oh and Erica, I think you meant wiser not older, another year wiser.

Okay enough of my rubbish,

I hope we all get what we want out of 2005, we all really deserve it. No matter what happens I, for one, will be here talking to my friends about it.

All my love

Mona xxx

I avoid making resolutions like the plague -- I always seemed to compromise too often and eventually forego them altogether.
    Rather -- I just want to continue on the path I have been on for the past several years, improving myself both spiritually and superficially. I want to continue working on controlling my temper. I want to finish this damn book that has completely taken over my life and has been fighting me all the way. I want to become more confident in public in this persona, caring less about what other people think of me. But most of all, I just want to be more generous with my time so that I'm more readily available for my loved ones.

These sound like resolutions, but I prefer to look at them as a steady progression.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Come out even more, Same as any other year but this year i intend on doing it.Try to find a group in this area that gets together for meetings or whatever.Love myself and my family even more.

Oh dear, I hope all goes well Mona, I'd hate to think I had a hand in anything that might go wrong for you! I'm sure all will be well though.
    I will take it slow and easy, pick my targets carefully. It's not your fault, I should have done it years ago.

Cheers for the goodluck message also. I'm sure the weekend will be fun, two nights out en femme. I'm just incredibly nervous about it at the moment, can't think what I'm going to wear, dreading public exposure of my make-up "skills", convinced I will be tripping over my heels all night, nervous about meeting a heap of girls who already know each other very well, whereas I've only ever posted a couple of times on their forum. Terrified that the weather will be evil for the 700 mile round trip (I'm taking Daddy's car so have to be extra careful!) Worried about stilted conversation with the girl I'm driving down with, I've only met her twice before!

Actually, why am I subjecting myself to this? Maybe I'll just stay home after all!!
    You had better not chicken out now, I'm counting on you to be a few steps ahead of me all the way so that I can learn by your mista...can learn from your smooth, safe transition, yeah, that's it.

And you go get those nails done ASAP Mona, you've been procrastinating for too long.
    Yes Ma'am, I will Ma'am (salutes). I'm almost ready (see my purge thread).
    Last edited by MonaSmith; 12-27-2004 at 11:41 AM.

more of everything

This year I want to explore the Julie side of me and take some photos before I get too old to satisfy my vanity. Should have done this at least once 20 years ago! But then, the internet wasn't much good then. How would I have bought a wig? Or make-up? or etc etc etc. And how would I have processed the photos?

And good luck AlisonUK. I get the impression the Manchester thing is an absolute riot. I'd be scared too, but you look so pretty that you will have no problems at all, and even if you weren't (as if!) I am sure they are all friendly.

hmmmmmmm
    1. Get this endless duel w/ex over property settlement done and move on
    2. Get a good feminine walk and start working on voice
    3. Stop being a recluse
    4. Have longer episodes of not smoking or drinking
    5. Let Rachel "drive" more, she has better personal habits (most girls do)
    6. Keep enjoying being a girl!
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

I plan to lose a half ton a weight, then I hope to dress more and shop more.

Allison, don't you dare back out now. You will have a good time there and you will be with a great support group, it sounds like. So go and enjoy.

Rikki