Thread: Question for F2Ms

Aspiring Member

Question for F2Ms

Question for F2Ms: Do you intend on keeping your vagina ultimately?

(I find it interesting that M2Fs who ultimately get SRS won't keep their penis, but I think it's different for F2Ms)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    Question for F2Ms: Do you intend on keeping your vagina ultimately?

(I find it interesting that M2Fs who ultimately get SRS won't keep their penis, but I think it's different for F2Ms)
    You're right, Jennifer - it is different because the "ultimate" operation for female-to-males (or phalloplasty) is not usually successful. So, most FtM TSs don't have it done. It's a very big risk to take, that is, expensive, painful and dangerous (as all surgeries are) - only to find out that it didn't work. Not to mention, you can then have complications the rest of your life from the attempt. So, a lot of the guys figure it's a lot cheaper and safer to just "buy your own" (if you know what I'm saying). Not an ideal solution, but better than nothing.

I've heard the odds are a bit better in Norway and in Asia, but they're still not that good. I keep hoping there will be a breakthrough in this area soon, but I'm afraid it won't be soon enough for me. This is also the reason most intersexed babies are raised as girls - it's easier and more successful to give a baby a vagina than a penis. As for me, I don't know the answer yet, but I've been looking into a different surgery called metoidioplasty. Here's a link that explains it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metoidioplasty

Thanks for asking.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alot of M2Fs don't have the operation for similar reasons. I personally wish to wait at least 2 years after I'm full time, to gather money, make sure I'm along the right path, and to see if I can live without the operation.