Thread: Clinics/private hospitals in uk that do orchidectomy procedures.

Smile Clinics/private hospitals in uk that do orchidectomy procedures.

Do any of the girls on here know of, or can recommend me to a reputable
    private clinic or hospital in the uk that does orchidectomy treatment. I am have thought this through for some time, and wish to be rid of that part of my anatomy, and thus avoid the ned for androcur. I'd be very grateful for any recommnedations especially for places in the north west, Thankyou!
    Is there someone I can speak to, in customer services, I seem to have the wrong body, no I dont have a reciept, er maybe an upgrade.....hello..???

Aspiring Member
    I don't know about UK, but you could certainly get it at various places in Thailand, as well as the ORR in Belgium http://www.o-r-r.com/

This is who I am, accept Jeanette TS's Avatar
    You understand that once they are gone you will shrink in that area and if you are going for GRS the skin that has shrinken, will make the job harder for the surgeon to use all the avilible skin. There are other things to think about as well i would go and see your GP first to make sure, you know all the issuse. for a start you will be on meds for the rest of your life.

I hope you see your GP and he will send you to a shrink. it's life changing event you are thinking about and i think you will find it hard in the uk as well the surgeons over here will not do it for you just becuse you are paying. I am TS and they would not do it for me and i am under Dr R curtis.

I hope you think it over and talk to someone first.

Jeanette

Ps i live in the northwest as well Blackburn area pm if you need to talk
    Last edited by Jeanette TS; 10-06-2006 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks jeanette!

My doctor is Dr.Curtis too, I'll give him a ring on monday to see what advise he can offer. My doctor here has no idea, and has taken months to get round to just the blood tests for hormones, the whole thing is stop start. I do appreciate your advice, I think if I do have the orchidectomy I might have to go abroad,like Belgium. Ive been on Androcur before, the side effects werent good, so getting rid of these things that produce the offending hormone will be a great help for me.
    Is there someone I can speak to, in customer services, I seem to have the wrong body, no I dont have a reciept, er maybe an upgrade.....hello..???

Hi again i know what you mean wih the GP's i was lucky but a girl friend has had the same thing he has no idear and dose not want to know you see we cost them a lot of money. I dont know your halll story but are you living 24 7 and working as well i think. If it's the right road for you take it but be very carful you will get all the infomation from Dr Curtis. GOOD LUCK

Jeanette

Smile Ta! : )

Here in Wales, anyone whos TS is having to go private or move to England.Maybe the Welsh health council will see sense, but they seem to have walked away from having any association with funding SRS. I hope England health councils dont take on such a small minded attitude too. Dr.Curtis is great, my next appointment is fairly soon, and as you say , he'll be able to give me all the info that I need.After lots of waiting, Ive been prescribed 50mg evorel patches, Dr.Curtis said they're better in terms of saftey for my health, its two months with these until more blood tests before androcur. Hence my need to to have an orchidectomy. Ive got a great lady I see about lazer therapy, shes very professioanl and freindly. I might see you at Dr.Curtis s', we can hit the shops and have a cuppa : )

Hi yes well i am not seeing Dr Curtis till next year now. and did you know he is stopping his Manchester clinic to stay in London good or what? for who not us northen girls.

The mes i am on 2mg Progynova 6 pills a day
    100mg Spironlactone 1 a day
    0.5 mg Dutasteride

Blood test every month at the GP been on this for 12 month everything is find good heath fitness well being

hope you get sorted

Lov Jeanette