Thread: Wig Storage Tips?

Wig Storage Tips?

I know that the best way to store your wig is on one of those fake heads --BUT--that not practical for a closeted CD.
    Any good storage tips that will help prevent the "rats nest" that I currently get from putting it in a ziplock bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Drucilla View Post
    I know that the best way to store your wig is on one of those fake heads --BUT--that not practical for a closeted CD.
    Any good storage tips that will help prevent the "rats nest" that I currently get from putting it in a ziplock bag?
    Cut the toe off an old nylon stocking then reach through it and pull the wig inside it to keep it from tangling. Also place it on top of your stash.

I use the boxes and hair nets that were on my wigs when they came. I have 6 wigs and none have ever tangled being stored this way.
    Last edited by Mary Jane; 10-06-2006 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

wig

when i bought my wig. the sa told me never to store it on one of those striform heads. it will fall out shape. after you have washed and dried it just put it back in the box that it came in.
    sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to end the faster it goes.

Wig storage

Pretty much what I do. I just keep them in the boxes until I'm ready to use them again. Ericka/Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Cut the toe off an old nylon stocking then reach through it and pull the wig inside it to keep it from tangling. Also place it on top of your stash.
    Thanks for the tip. I used an old pair of pantyhose to store two of my wigs.