Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice! Hormone related

Need advice! Hormone related

i ve been absent for awhile but anyways the question that i need help is hormones he wants to go on them without going to the doctor i tried to reason with him about them and saying that it has to be under doctors care and he wont listen to me so he said if i wouldnt help him he will get them anyways with or without me and i am scared he is going to screw up his body! Please can someone help me to where i can get more info on them and which ones i can get for him! I just really dont want to make his health worse but he is set on them and not going to see a doctor no matter what! So please help me!

Chrissy,

I guess you will get a lot of help from the girls here, but have you tried "Google" you may find some evidence on there that you can show your SO. There seems to be a lot of girls who don't seem to understand the harm that can be done with taking hormones without Drs supervision.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

thanks i tried googling it and i dont come up with anything specific also i would love for him to become a woman but the part that scares me that he is going to kill himself by not being under doctors care and i told him how dangerous it is and he doesnt care i dont know how to explain it to him he wants to be a woman no matter what the consequences are going to be and that is scary to me

Hi Chrissy

I think it would help if you could get him to join us
    He needs to understand that by being under the care of a doctor,
    it will actually help him to be the woman he wants to become

The reason being that the change can take place without doing any damage to the body.

Even simple tablets in the wong dose can be harmful
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Yahoo TS/TGs taking hormones group

See if he will at least join this yahoo group and talk to people who are actually on hormones. Hard for him to refuse to talk to people just like himself. I am not a member, but the tone of the introduction sounds fair and balanced.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TSonHormones/

Aspiring Member
    Why doesn't he want to see a doctor? Did he give a specific reason?

If he's bent on doing it himself, check out these resources so that he will be able to get them from a reputable supplier, and know what reasonable dosages are:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TSDoItYourselfHormones
    http://www.annelawrence.com/hormoneindex.html

thanks ladies he wont join anything or go to a doctor i dont know why but i need all the advice i can get because i would rather get him them myself since that is the only option other wise i am scared he will hurt himself by taking wrong dosage! That is pretty a big step for us and i am very scared about it!

This is who I am, accept Jeanette TS's Avatar
    Hi i have been on hormones for 12 month now and if you need to know anything you can PM me or email me and will do my best to help you or chat to him if you like.

Jeanette

Silver Member
    Dear Chrissy,

There is perhaps all the information you need right here on this site.

Go up to the top of this page and click on "transsexual links"; then click on "hormones". This will take you to more information than you can digest in one sitting.

You are right to be worried about this. The side effects of taking female hormones include stroke, pulmonary embolism, and heart attack. This is very rare when one is under the care of a competant physician, but how will he know what the proper dose is without blood tests?

The most common testosterone blocker used in the US is a blood pressure medication. Taking too much could easily cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure.

Starting HRT is frought with problems even under a physicians' care. I can't imagine wanting to do this without one.

How will you get these medications for him? From an overseas drug company? How will you know what you are getting? Do you plan on getting HRT for yourself and then giving it to him? Taking estrogen without a testosterone blocker may not do any good at all. Most HRT prescibed for a GG is much too small a dose to have any effect on a male with normal testosterone levels. But how will you (he) know without a blood test.

My advice would be to refuse to do this and to do all you can to see that he does this under the care of a physician. Some girls do this on their own, some are sucessful, some are not. The consequences are far too serious to fool around with.

Stephenie

Untitled
    No sage advice on how to get it right Chrissy, just a thought.

If he wont listen to you, wont visit the doctor, join a support group like this one, or one of the may others, I'm afraid there is little we can do to help.

Some people seem to have a self destruct button, which they keep firmly pressed. Whilst we can offer you, and your partner if he will accept it, all the virtual support we can, I'm afraid this is something the two of you will have to sort out between yourselves.

This may sound a cop out, but ...
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Thanks ladies! I am put in a situation that is really difficult! I love this person no matter what regardless male or female! I am attracted to him/her no matter what! When it comes to the transformation there is nothing i can do to stop him from getting the stuff! I am just scared he will end up dead and i cant live without him. Also if i dont get it for him he will get it himself. SO no win win situation tried to reason about it doesnt work begged to go out of town see a doctor wont do it. He is miserable being a guy and i can tell that he is in the wrong body! THis is the only place i know that i can get advice! I dont know anywhere else to turn nor can i tell anyone else because this is very private and sensitive when it comes to stuff like that! SO please any info you can give me on where to start. I am thinking getting some stuff to grow breasts for now and see if we want to proceed with the whole transformation. What products would you recommend?

hmmmm?

So chrissy, how did your partner go about telling you about his need for reassignment, did he say anything that might help you to help him now. Odd that he doesnt want a doctors help, maybe its a guy thing.
    How do you feel, as a woman, when it comes to issues about your freinds and family. Has your life been effected, or is it all him him him,her. After all you have a right to feelings and emotions to when it comes to losing a husband and gaining a girl friend. How has this effected your sexlife, hormones such as androcur will have a dramatic effect on him ability to feel sexy, or "keep it up". I found anti androgens made me feel emotionally numb, an extermly dehumanising sensation. though he will beed somthing like androcur to counter the testoserone his body is producing. I imagine you know all this already, though.
    Is there someone I can speak to, in customer services, I seem to have the wrong body, no I dont have a reciept, er maybe an upgrade.....hello..???

Chrissy,
    This is dangerous territory as you well know. I wont say it is irresponsible to support his/her quest but I would stop short at acquiring them for him.

Personally, if it went wrong I could not live with myself knowing I supported this approach.

The need for medical support is paramount and I would make that absolutely clear. If he isnt ready to accept that then he cant be even remotely ready for transition and like it or not, that is exactly what this is.

Good luck girl.
    Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Silver Member
    Dear Chrissy,

I am really confused.

Is this the same guy who turned out to be a married lawyer who left you owing lots of money and threatened to make your life a living hell?

Or have you managed to hook up with another disfunctional CDer in such a very short time?

What is going on here? It sounds like you have a long term relationship going on here. Have you reconciled with your married lawyer?

Your posts raise more questions than they answer.

Steph

rhyming thyme morph cindianna_jones's Avatar

Smart Pills

I've read a lot of online posts recently of TG's self medicating. Some are purchasing creams and all natural suplements at exhorbitant prices. For any who fall in this camp, I have a story.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's this kid standing on the corner rattling some rabbit turds in his hand.

"What's you got there?" asks another.

"Those are smart pills, they make you smarter!"

"Welll I want some, how much?"

"Five dollars!"

"Okay, here's a five, now give me the smart pills."

He's handed the smart pills and he pops them all in his mouth.

"Gawd, that tastes like rabbit shit!"

"See there?" answeres the seller, "You're getting smarter already!"

Sorry... I just had to through it out there. To those of you spending so much money on the crank medications, give it a rest. Swallow your pride a bit and go see a doctor. Do it the right way and you'll save many hard earned dollars.

Cindi

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley View Post
    Chrissy,
    This is dangerous territory as you well know. I wont say it is irresponsible to support his/her quest but I would stop short at acquiring them for him.

Personally, if it went wrong I could not live with myself knowing I supported this approach.

The need for medical support is paramount and I would make that absolutely clear. If he isnt ready to accept that then he cant be even remotely ready for transition and like it or not, that is exactly what this is.

Good luck girl.
    Kimberley
    I think it wouldn't be so bad if he obtained hormones from an online pharmacy, but went to a doctor to get his health monitored. This lets him skip the red tape of acquiring hormones in the first place, while still getting his health monitored by a doctor.

In fact that's exactly what I'm doing.

I may be WAY OUT in left field and this is just a thought. If you know most or all of his medical history and If you are up to it talk to your doctor and explain the full situation to him/her. You doctor probably wont prescribe them but maybe able to tell you proper doses and possible complications with any other meds he may be taking at the time. Good Luck
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

Mixed up gender blender

No Way Doc

Is there room for negotiation. Can you get him to go for a checkup. A checkup establishes a baseline as far as health goes. If there are any health issues then you can research and find out if taking hormones would be a problem. Lots of people have health issues and still take hormones with medical supervision - even diabetics can take hormones. If he is worried about a health issue - there is lots of leway. At least find out before starting anything.
    An online therapist is also a good option. The checkup results can be forwarded to the therapist - even after the fact. Your partner can give you a signed letter to bring to the doctor asking for the results to be forwarded if he is too shy. There does not have to be any direct contact after the inital checkup. Find out what options there are by asking - nicely. Write down the options before talking and review the list together. Make jokes, be sympathetic. And don't dispaire, if no resolution is found first time out your goal is to start a dialog and get him thinking. His health is his responsibility - you can only help.

I can only speek for myself, but a big part of feeling good about myself does not come from dressing but from confronting the things that are causing my anxiety. Taking hormones may lessen the anxiety and make me feel better about how I look but they won't resolve a single issue. Being transgendered and living with it creates issues and behavior patterns that have to be corrected before transition - not after. Taking hormones without settling the issues is trading one intolerable condition for another. It's a loose loose proposition.

Good Luck,
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyaz View Post
    I may be WAY OUT in left field and this is just a thought. If you know most or all of his medical history and If you are up to it talk to your doctor and explain the full situation to him/her. You doctor probably wont prescribe them but maybe able to tell you proper doses and possible complications with any other meds he may be taking at the time. Good Luck
    Thanks a lot! I am thinking that it sounds like a great idea! I will try doing it hopefully it works and he can at least tell me dosage!

Quote Originally Posted by pattyme View Post
    Is there room for negotiation. Can you get him to go for a checkup. A checkup establishes a baseline as far as health goes. If there are any health issues then you can research and find out if taking hormones would be a problem. Lots of people have health issues and still take hormones with medical supervision - even diabetics can take hormones. If he is worried about a health issue - there is lots of leway. At least find out before starting anything.
    An online therapist is also a good option. The checkup results can be forwarded to the therapist - even after the fact. Your partner can give you a signed letter to bring to the doctor asking for the results to be forwarded if he is too shy. There does not have to be any direct contact after the inital checkup. Find out what options there are by asking - nicely. Write down the options before talking and review the list together. Make jokes, be sympathetic. And don't dispaire, if no resolution is found first time out your goal is to start a dialog and get him thinking. His health is his responsibility - you can only help.

I can only speek for myself, but a big part of feeling good about myself does not come from dressing but from confronting the things that are causing my anxiety. Taking hormones may lessen the anxiety and make me feel better about how I look but they won't resolve a single issue. Being transgendered and living with it creates issues and behavior patterns that have to be corrected before transition - not after. Taking hormones without settling the issues is trading one intolerable condition for another. It's a loose loose proposition.

Good Luck,
    Patty

Thanks i wil try to drag him to a physical and then see where to go from there. It is a very diffiucult road and there is a lot to consider and a lot of changes to be made as far as her body etc. I wil support her no matter what it is just very difficult when someone doesnt want to see a doctor but then again i can also understand how difficult it can be for some people to admit it.

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    If you are entertaining the idea of obtaining a prescription for yourself and then giving them to him, think long and hard before doing this.

It's not only inadvisable, it's illegal. The legal term for it is: dispensing medicine without a license, unlike controlled substances which would be termed: posession with intent to distribute.

If you are the same Chirssy that I talked to via pm, in Toronto.

Go google
    Sherborn Health Clinic Toronto

It is a LGBT free { I think} friendly clinic. But he has to go, you can't fib for him.

pretty pretty princess

a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyGG View Post
    Thanks a lot! I am thinking that it sounds like a great idea! I will try doing it hopefully it works and he can at least tell me dosage!

sometimes you can try estroven as directed,but a safer way if she is worried about doctors drugs is natural hormones,try www.natureshormones.com.just a thought if she's paranoid of pharma drugs.

Hiya Chrissy,

Keep at your partner gently, try and point out its all well and good feeling happy about yourself, but to die young not having the chance to be that would be really pointless...

Take Care

Denise
    xxx

thanks ladies! Yes i am the same Chrissy from Toronto!