Thread: Growing Hair

Wink Growing Hair

Hi Ladies,

Does anybody know if I should use a hair growing solution for men or women to get my hair to grow long for what is lacking in the front middle of my head. You know, to get it to grow back. Is there anything that accually works???
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I doubt you can get anything to work, but ask your doctor, I could be wrong.
    DonnaT

Gee Thanks Donna, I was hoping for good news. My hair has always grown fst and I always like it long. But I am starting to lose hair up front in the middle.
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

There are a few things that work but they're not cheap or very good. Any of the stuff sold over the counter or in an infomercial is just crap. Save your money and get a nice wig.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I doubt anything really works. And my guess is that the only difference in the "for men" and "for women" is the packaging.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    A few years ago I used Rogaine (Regaine in the UK) and it worked quite well....for about 5 years. Unfortunately all you are doing is suppressing the inevitable I'm sorry to say that although there are some new drugs out there like Proscar (finasteride) - Finasteride stops hair loss by preventing the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the hormone believed responsible for male pattern baldness.... but like all drugs, it's success varies depending on the individual.

I'd say go with a nice realistic wig, even the most expensive wig is going to be cheaper than years of drug treatment.....and a wig guarantees results!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 11-03-2006 at 11:00 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Silver Member
    Rogaine (minoxidil) works. But maybe not as well as you want. And, you have to use it everyday for the rest of your life. As soon as you stop using it you loose whatever gains you have made.

Blocking your testosterone will likely have some effect on hair loss. The blood pressure medication Spironolactone is whats used in the US for T blocking. The side effect (or really the main effect) is a diuretic. It makes you pee. That's how it lowers your BP.

Propecia (finasteride) is used to treat prostate enlargement. This will also decrease hair loss and promote hair regrowth.

In general MPB (male patern baldness) is something, as genetic males, we all have to live with. I am struggling with this myself. I am growing my hair out and from the front, it looks very nice. But from the back, OMG, it's a whole 'nother ballgame! I am going to talk to my endo about starting Propecia at our next apointment. I also have an apointment with the hairdresser next tuesday for some haircare advice and a styling. I hope this will help.

Most of us save our money for a nice wig. This is by far the easiest way to deal with this problem (other than by being born a girl). I just dread having to wear one all the time.

Lovies,
    Steph

Thank You Stephenie, Maybe someday they will come up with something better. You know it's really something here we are in the 21st Century and there are so many things out there that are not conquered yet.
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU