Thread: Health Canada refused my shipment

Aspiring Member

Health Canada refused my shipment

Background: I've been taking hormones ordered from an overseas pharmacy, because I don't want to go through the red tape of getting approved for HRT by a doctor (I am having blood tests done by a doctor familiar with M2Fs, though). Over three weeks ago, I ordered a new shipment of hormones, but they hadn't arrived yet. It's supposed to arrive in two weeks so I was wondering what happened.

Today I received a letter from Health Canada. It says that my shipment violates section C.01.045 "Importation of a prescription (Schedule F) drug by a person other than a practitioner, pharmacist or foreign resident visiting Canada", and that "The entry of this shipment into Canada therefore has been referred to the Collector with the recommendation to REFUSE ENTRY to the item noted herein".

If I ever gain some sort of political power that I can use to my advantage, I'll fire every Health Canada employee who prevents Canadian residents from importing prescription drugs! The form says the specific inspector who refused my shipment is named "Klara XXXXXX", who works at the government office at XXX-XXXXXXX Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1J9". I'll be sure to fire that person first, and if they become homeless as a result of losing their job, I'll walk past them on the street and laugh at them.
    Last edited by Holly; 10-11-2006 at 08:05 AM. Reason: No personal names or addresses

Take it easy on poor Klara; she's just doing her job. It's all those MPs and Ministers in Ottawa that keep policies like that in force who are your problem. Reading the posts over at TsDoItYourselfHormones I see this sort of thing happens down here in the States too. A friend of mine gets a lot of prescription stuff out of England and hasn't had a shipment stopped yet. Seems to be random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    I was told by the pharmacy sending me my prescriptions that if the shipment was held up by customs that they would resend it. Perhaps your company would do the same thing. It's worth a try. I think that it is indeed random as they could not possibly inspect every package.

Lovies,
    Steph