Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Different Viewpoint

Banned Read only
    Oh Stephanie you Hawkish conservative talk show host you!!

I do agree that you don't have to be religious to be moral. Great point.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Dang talk show hosts.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Angry

Uh Hello,
    I am a bit perplexed and saddened by this post. I consider myself to be some what spiritual and I use my spirituality to guide me through my life. I do not judge anyone as it isn't my place to do that.
    It appears at least from my perspective that Jill's tirade is hostile, and selfish. Hostile in the sense that Jill is angry at those who judge the behavior he embraces,and also at his wife. Jill stood before witnesses, a judge, or clergymen and vowed to be faithful to whom he married on that day. In my opinion to blatantly go beyond the marriage for sexual gratification is sad and appalling. Not to mention extremely risky in this day and age. To totally disregard his wife's feelings and betraying her love and trust, to willfully dismiss the vows as being worthless that he made to her on that day is so very sad. That at least to me shows a very selfish attitude and individual, and feels that he is entitled to do as he pleases, no matter who else it affects. Also it could be Jill has little regard or respect for himself, It is one thing to go outside of a marriage for gratification as long as it is a mutal consent between a man and wife. But to secretly go and find an affair, just isn't right no matter how an individual thinks or can justify it. If by chance Jill's wife finds out about it, this individual will pay a heavy price for the indescretions that this person brought on himself. To continue to live by this behavior soon enough Ms. Jill will be alone in this world with no one to love him.
    Jill should look within himself and decide if he wishes to continue on with this behavior, he should have the dignity to tell his wife that he wants out of the marriage. Not to sneak around and seek happiness where happiness can not be found.
    To have a wife that dearly loves you, who is a loyal wife, a trusting wife, a devoted wife, even despite all the short commings a husband may have and maybe even accept a lifestyle (CDing) that most of the world finds implorable, a husband should be kneeling before her and practically worship that woman. She is worth more than all riches that this world can offer in exchange.
    I wish Jill all the best, but it is my hope that he stop this deplorable behavior and realize what he has, that he is indeed hurting someone close to him. :mad:

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillian310 View Post
    A different viewpoint: It seems to me that whenever a thread discusses married and/or CD’s in ‘committed relationships’ who have relationships outside of those situations, with either and/or both genders, including kissing and dare I use the “S” word - SEX - one of the first responses, echoed by subsequent responders, is “.....does the SO know about it, and if not, that is cheating.”, as if this so-called cheating is some kind of holy grail. Those of us that have a different point of view are regularly and consistently put down by those posters. While that is certainly their right to have and express that opinion, I have a different opinion which I also have a right to express which is as follows: I do not have nor do I hold any religious beliefs, and am therefore not restrained in my actions by what I believe is an artificial prior constraint on what I believe are human urges for multiple relationships, including having sex with more than one person, and depending on one’s diversity, with both sexes and other races wherever and whenever the desire and opportunity presents itself. Is this amoral?

Canines would agree absolutely with this POV.

Depends on what one’s so-called morals may be. Is this a libertine point of view? Again, so-called morals are the basis of this appellation. What it seems to me to come down to is a tension between those who have none of and therefore feels no tug from these so-called morals which have their basis in religious theory, and those who are not imbued with these so-called morals, which by their very nature require a compulsion to impose those beliefs on others.

From my free-wheeling perspective, there is no problem with having ‘outside’ relationships, perhaps including sex, at my option, kept from my SO. I frankly don’t consider that to be any of her business!

Was this position made clear to your wife at the signing of your contract with her? (and all religious aspects aside, a marriage license IS a legal and binding contract)
    CDing does have a definite sexual component for me. I feel sexy when dressed, and respond to individuals from both sexes if there is a mutual attraction. My dressing tends to be a bit provocative, and consciously so! I enjoy the company of men and women who are attracted to me.

Are you certain they are attracted to you? Or are they attracted to what they perceive to be a quick and easy, no strings attached, tumble in the hay? For your sake, I hope you take a long hard look at these attractions.

The so-called marriage vows are a sham. If they were taken seriously, there would not be a greater than 50% divorce rate. A whopping percentage of divorce comes from so-called cheating. So much for those ‘vows’. Marriage merely provides a more comfortable life-style, and eases the having and rearing of children. Sooner or later those in the minority of this statistic will become an even more insignificant number, and fidelity in marriage will be seen by many in the majority who merely live together in greater and greater numbers as a quaint custom practiced by reactionaries.

While I feel certain you are correct concerning YOUR marriage vows, please don't presume to speak for me and mine.

Those that believe that SO’s have only one secret - cross dressing - and having ‘confessed’ and been forgiven for that trespass have no other secrets about their cross dressing, are naive to say the least, in my opinion. Sooner or later the other shoe will fall, notwithstanding all the pious mouthings of the ‘perpetrators’ and the ‘forgiveness’ of the ‘liberators’.

Well, in my case and Trudi's, there was no "confession" to begin with. Trudi chose to share this part of who she is well into the beginning of our dating. While I accepted Trudi totally and immediately, there was no "forgiving" necessary then, nor now. The fact that she never kept that secret from me, makes me confident in *my* belief there are no other shoes to drop.

I feel your entire "you're gonna get it sooner or later" hints to the accepting SO's here, to me, is nothing but a vicious attempt to undermine those relationships you're missing out on.

As for me, I am very content and secure in living out what nature has obviously intended for me without the artificial constraints of straight-jacket religious dogma and hypocritical society in much of the CD community. In the final analysis, haven’t the closeted CD’s who have kept their ‘secret’ from the SO really been ‘cheating’ with their femme persona? Hasn’t ‘she’ really been ‘the secret other female’ in the mix?

Again, in my opinion, this is an extremely lame attempt at justification for your actions.

In closing I will say this, which I will admit are my opinions and mine only:

I am insulted, offended, and embarassed that someone like this chooses *MY* birth gender as a conduit and excuse to abandon all sense of integrity.

To the wives of CDs who are new to this forum, PLEASE understand that this behavior is indeed the exception rather than the rule

My prayers are with your wife who I have a feeling has decided the marriage is a sham as well, and hopefully has abandoned the marriage bed.
    Last edited by GG Vanya; 10-25-2006 at 10:39 AM.

Jillian,

On behalf of the IACAIC (International Association of Cheating Atheist Immoral Crossdressers), receive my warmest congratulations!

(of course it exists, I just created it!)

Sky

PS: Also a warm salute to all the hawkish conservative talk show hosts. Radio would be so boring without you.

An important thought to my previous posts

This is something i forgot to say when I was giving my opinion on the subject. My opinion is just that, an opinion, it's not written in stone. If Jillian310 chooses to live her life in a certain way, I have no right to tell her that she can't do that. I can only say what I believe and what I would do personally. As long as she isn't breaking any laws, she has the right to conduct her life in whatever way she chooses. I don't have to like it, but it's not my place to tell her that she can't live that way. She gets to make those choices for herself, that's what freedom is all about, the ability to choose your lifestyle. I need to remind myself of that, because I choose to live a lifestyle that is outside of what society considers normal. freedom is about being able to choose. There are concequences to any choice we make in life, if she's willing to accept that, then she's free to choose her lifestyle.
    Amber

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar

Thumbs down grrrrrrrrrrrrrh !!

[SIZE=4]i really cannot believe ive read what i just have !!! im not married to my c/d b/f, but even so, to even remotley think he would do what u say u do ( im so so sorry for this ) , id rip his *b***S off !!! marriage to alot of people is something entered into becoz u believe, love, respect that human being. so, basicaly u have no respect , no guilt etc etc. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]this is just my view, and im sorry if i speak out-of-turn, but for you to actualy say it, post it , then me thinks some where in ur mind/heart U DO feel guilt.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]you are playing with fire, and when u play with fire u get burnt !!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]i hope to god one day u think twice about what ur doing for everyones sake . [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

If your wife feels the same way and you have mutually elected an open marriage, then ok. It's not a choice I would make, but ok.

If not, and she is under the misimpression that your marriage vows were more than words, then I truly pity her.

In either case, debating the source of morality or the virtues of marriage seems little more than a distraction.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    however, by responding to this thread it has [SIZE="3"]BEEN GIVEN CREDIBILITY IT DOES NOT DESERVE[/SIZE]
    True that...

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar

total agreement

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaT View Post
    I'm a staunch atheist, and a rabid humanist. So I obviously don't believe that morality is dictated by any external force. It is invented by Man. And here is the morality that I have invented for myself: Hurt no one. Keep your word.

Within that context, making a vow of monogamy, and then breaking that vow, would be immoral. Being in a marriage in which sexual dalliances are part of the arrangement is not. Lying to someone who would prefer to not be lied to would be immoral.
    I wish to be associated with the above remarks

absolutely right.

Rachel Newark
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !

Quote Originally Posted by GG Vanya View Post
    I feel your entire "you're gonna get it sooner or later" hints to the accepting SO's here, to me, is nothing but a vicious attempt to undermine those relationships you're missing out on.
    Vanya you hit the core of what is really wrong here. Jillian is missing out and just like a child who is not having fun, he will try to be destructive and ruin it for others. Misery does love company so they say. I also hope that Mrs. Jillian has abandonded her marital bed. She will be a lot safer.

Jillian , all of us reap what we sow regardless of our religious affiliations. Hope when your harvest comes in someone with compassion takes and interest in you and shows you the beauty of the human spirit you obviously don't have a clue and I feel very sad for you. Kitty

All i can say is....

OMG!!!... :mad: :

I'm curious to all those who had harsh words for Jullian and who follow a religous moral code would say about " Judge not..."

Thank you Jillian having the courage to say what is unpopular.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Quote Originally Posted by JulieCDorlando View Post
    : I do not judge anyone as it isn't my place to do that.
    It appears at least from my perspective that Jill's tirade is hostile, and selfish. :mad:
    Not sure what to make of this
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkicn View Post
    I'm curious to all those who had harsh words for Jullian and who follow a religous moral code would say about " Judge not..."

Thank you Jillian having the courage to say what is unpopular.
    The rest of that phrase is: ...lest ye be judged.

<shrug> Judge me all you wanna.

And as others have stated...morality is not *just* based on religion.

In comparison, physicians are required take an oath to "do no harm". So, are the powers that be concerning the requirement to take that oath being religiously moralistic as well? I think not.

I think you should also thank Jillian for setting back acceptance by SOs (struggling to do so and coming here for assistance) of crossdressing ohhhh I'd say...'bout a million miles? And if he is seen as the "typical CD" I dare say he sets back general acceptance by society quite a bit too. Thankfully he is NOT the typical CD.

Did you hear what I said SO's? Jillian is NOT the typical CD!

certainly a different view

In my opinion your views of the world are skewed to justify doing whatever you want to do... which is fine since you seem to be upfront about it.

However I have always viewed marrige and any other sub 'commited' relationship as saying "hey let's team up and go through this life together as a couple" so to extrapolate out all your decisions and actions effect the other person to varying in size of impact and good - bad. Long story short unless your in a polyamours marrige (both partners agreeing to such), if you want to see other people on the side and expect the other person not to care if they find out, you should just be casually dating.

Something to ponder... How would you honestly react if you found out your wife was sleeping around without you knowing?

Natalie
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Maybe I'm just dumb & naive, but if you want to play around, why get married to someone that doesn't feel the same way?

I've had great fun with multiple partners, sometimes simultaneously, but I don't want to disrupt any monogamous relationships, whether they are legally bound or not. I used to have a gf that loved threesomes. They added to our relationship, they didn't undermine it.

Addendum. I must confess that in my wild youth I may have had sex with people without first inquiring about their marital status. OTOH, I also had sex with some people without even knowing their name...

Robin
    Last edited by Robin Leigh; 10-25-2006 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Addendum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaT View Post
    I'm a staunch atheist, and a rabid humanist. So I obviously don't believe that morality is dictated by any external force. It is invented by Man. And here is the morality that I have invented for myself: Hurt no one. Keep your word.

Within that context, making a vow of monogamy, and then breaking that vow, would be immoral. Being in a marriage in which sexual dalliances are part of the arrangement is not. Lying to someone who would prefer to not be lied to would be immoral.
    Ok. And, in agreement with your statement and the concept of value pluralism, since you have created your own morality (moral system is more like it), it is only strictly valid for you. Neither for Jillian, nor for me, nor for any other girl who simply does not share the same values.

Incidentally, as a mostly convinced atheist and a kind humanist, I found your choice of adjectives quite unusual. I'm more Vonnegut than Mencken.

Whatever floats your boat, Jillian -- you have a right to do and say what you want. The other members, those who reply to you, also have a right to respond as they wish. As your opinion is in a minority here -- again, just among those who respond to you -- you have to expect to be dragged upon the coals a bit -- fidelity is a touchy subject.

I won't comment on your lifestyle because I just don't understand the desire to be unfaithful to someone you supposedly love -- whether it be a spouse, BF/GF, etc.

It's interesting who is upset about the values expressed and who is upset about bringing CDing into disrepute by association.

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I have read this several times. And in the end I conclude that frankly I dont give a rats ass about what this person does with their life.

All I am happy about here is the fact that this thread is open as I do appreciate the ability to speak freely about what we are thinking and feeling.

For everyone to get worked up about it, I just want to ask why?

Do you think that being all up in arms and attacking this person's decision will make them say "golly gee, I have had it all wrong. I will do better"

If you honestly believe the Original poster to be a "horrible person" then your silence would have spoken volumes about your feelings. The ignore feature in your User Cp is a valuable tool.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

So was this thread created as bomb to be dropped and watch the forum gasp in disbelief. IT seems a little funny that the one who created has not dropped in to defend any of the statements she claimed or to rebuke any of the statements the forum has made.
    I for one cannot believe that there is such an uncaring and sefish person as this. Cding has many selfish facets to it but this really over the top.
    May your spouse come to realize what you are and leave you face down in her wake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

As a student of life this I know. The most righteous and preachy among us are some of the biggest offenders of those very same morals they so righteously jam down the throats of others.

PattieAnn

Banned Read only
    Speaking of morality: I had to sign a "morality clause" with my job for the Federal Government. I did so willingly and freely, simply wasn't an issue for me.

Their reasons are sound, and have nothing to do with being judgemental. I promise not to engage in activity for which I could be blackmailed into revealing information pertaining to my job. Does being married to a CD fall into that category? Absolutely not.

I think you'll be shocked to see how many businesses *do* require signing a morality clause if you google "morality clause". Many times morality just makes good business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GG Vanya View Post
    Speaking of morality: I had to sign a "morality clause" with my job for the Federal Government. I did so willingly and freely, simply wasn't an issue for me.

Their reasons are sound, and have nothing to do with being judgemental. I promise not to engage in activity for which I could be blackmailed into revealing information pertaining to my job. Does being married to a CD fall into that category? Absolutely not.

I think you'll be shocked to see how many businesses *do* require signing a morality clause if you google "morality clause". Many times morality just makes good business sense.
    I agree. Look at Bill Clinton and JFK and Kennedy (lets forget the drowning) and the current page scandal with the other side of the isle and the Catholic church and the vows the all the priests took. I was an altar boy by the way. Wish I could’a been and altar girl.~ but I digress.

Makes perfect sense to me. Ain’t no people more moral than the ones that pledge morality and then tell you how moral they are.

Where do we sign up?

PattieAnn