Thread: From CD to TG

From CD to TG

Checking in briefly from Menlo Park California (new home), near Stanford. Finished reading My Husband Betty and was left with the realization I am 'just not' a CD. I'm presenting 24/7 as a woman (yes, there's new photos) and doing so in a place where no one ever knew me ('before'). Same as in Portland, men gape a bit but the women are very warm and accepting. This is quite important for me because, here in an apartment complex, the thumbs up from other women with children means my children will be treated OK. And so they are - the playdates and party invites are rolling in for my second-grader. This, for me, is the ultimate test. So ... a happy (and ever so busy) DayTripper checks in to say hi to you all, wishes you well, misses the community (although I think I'll stay here instead of the rowdier CD forum) and will report again when I can. Can't wait to meet my future doctor - o ho!

Hi Sounds like home already
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    Checking in briefly from Menlo Park California (new home), near Stanford. Finished reading My Husband Betty and was left with the realization I am 'just not' a CD. I'm presenting 24/7 as a woman (yes, there's new photos) and doing so in a place where no one ever knew me ('before'). Same as in Portland, men gape a bit but the women are very warm and accepting. This is quite important for me because, here in an apartment complex, the thumbs up from other women with children means my children will be treated OK. And so they are - the playdates and party invites are rolling in for my second-grader. This, for me, is the ultimate test. So ... a happy (and ever so busy) DayTripper checks in to say hi to you all, wishes you well, misses the community (although I think I'll stay here instead of the rowdier CD forum) and will report again when I can. Can't wait to meet my future doctor - o ho!
    [SIZE="3"]I've read My Husband Betty and although its a good book and gives a lot of information, it left me feeling confused. The book I can recommend is Just Add Hormones by Matt Kailey, its brilliant and so helpful. Before I forget my manners, welcome to the quieter forum. I go to the CD forum now and again but I spend a lot of time here as well. I too miss the community when I can't come here as I work weird hours but I do come here when I can.

huge Anna Marie x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Hi Day Tripper, welcome back. I hope everything went well with your move, I know what a hassle that can be.
    Sounds like you've just gone through another "discovery" phase. I guess it just takes something different, like that book, for instance, to open certain doors in your mind.
    I hope you'll stop by the forum often.
    Amber

GypsyKaren
    Hi DayTripper, I'm glad everything is working out for you, and it's nice to see you back.

Karen

Hi DayTripper. I echo everyone's sentiment - Welcome back.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome Home!

Hey Day Tripper! Missed ya around here and glad you decided to find the forum where there are no panty threads... There is some decorum here for sure.

It's good to hear you are resettled and the kids appear to be blending in well.

CD to TG. Hmmm. Here is my take. This continuum we seem to be on is in my opinion TG from one end to the other to greater or lesser degrees. I say this because we do emulate women. Our reasons certainly vary from fetishism to being fully transitioned post op. I think this is one of the reasons I dislike these labels so much because the interpretation of definition is so broad. Oh well. Regardless, I think we have an idea of where you are coming from.

Finding one's true self is the greater gift and living it is the goal, no matter to what degree. It sounds as if you have found that peace of self acceptance.

Welcome back.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    Welcome to the home that is your own skin. I'm happy you are finding your way

Glad to hear you are settling in!!

I'd love nothing more than to move to Boston and do that!
    I've been there and walked the streets and love that city....

ahhh, glad things are going well for you!!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Smile

Congrats on the move, and the acceptance DayTriper! That's absalutly wonderful!

Tclosetgirl: Boston, really? I've lived in the state all my life and am sorry to say I dodn' treally know what the comunity is like here, I hear it's very nice, but I, for some reason, keep picturing the 'typical' snooty or rude MA response to something different.

Thanks, all

I'm sure I was buying the myth - perhaps the California of certain Joni Mitchell songs - but one good thing about Menlo Park is (and this just my virgin theory) everyone is so rich (present company excluded, believe me) there's a definite gentility that simply precludes 'coarse behavior' ... like clocking. All the retailers call me 'babe' and 'sweetie' and, as I said before, the neighborhood moms have been really warm. (Halloween parties comin' up!) So, mellow so far. On the down side, the Goodwills are almost all 'boutiques' and the used clothes, while nice, are insanely expensive. (I've got to get a California ID - I was at a store, paying by check so I hand over my ID and the lady says, 'Is this your husband?')

I was sitting at a Starbucks, looking out the window. A man tied his dog to a tree - a ridiculously tiny small dog - the rat-face cutie type. I think to myself, 'Ah, but I know that dog's secret. "I'm really a cat."'

Also just finished She's Not There. At first, it excited me, jazzed me up, then it got me so down. See, I'm a failed writer with a miserable marriage. Plus I'll probably never have the $ for a full transition. So I ponder Boylan with her three great lives and, well, it's not been hard admitting my jealousy.

I'm happy to know a few people (here) with whom I can share these thoughts.
    Last edited by Calliope; 10-28-2006 at 01:16 AM.

CD to TS

First of all I want to say that I am in love with "Lisa Go Lightly" I am sure that is not new to her and it is probably boring to her as well! As a CD who has been in the closet for over 25 years! I have since I can remember (I am 50 now) I wanted REAL breasts! Not store bought! If I cannot have nice Real Breasts then I will suffer without! I know that I am transgendered! I dress up and what used to be a very sexual thing for me with jacking off as the mainstay of dressing up! Now I dress because I love fashion and enjoy my persona nad I often wonder if a man would find me attractive enough to want to take me to his apartment for some action! I used to cringe at the thought where now I am very curious! I still want my breasts!!!

Formerly Natalie Lynn Tracy Lynn's Avatar
    Glad to hear things are going so well for you.
    Love Ya, Tracy

"Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves.... Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine." ~James Poland

Quote Originally Posted by fire View Post
    Congrats on the move, and the acceptance DayTriper! That's absalutly wonderful!

Tclosetgirl: Boston, really? I've lived in the state all my life and am sorry to say I dodn' treally know what the comunity is like here, I hear it's very nice, but I, for some reason, keep picturing the 'typical' snooty or rude MA response to something different.
    I have heard there is a hill outside Boston towards Cambridge that is a TG community, but it's been sooooo long since I've been there.

I remember walking into CHEERS and ordering a drink if that tells ya anything - back when it was the hottest thing on TV!! LOL

I was 17 when I was out there and it was so long ago, pre-big-dig, pre everything. I remember the communities with the stores, and basements where a person could buy anything (One had exotic illegal pets)..

maybe the neighborhood is not accepting but walking downtown Boston I would imagine would be like walking in San Francisco.......I could be wrong!!

But still, a trip out there is required someday, when money and time permit!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

pretty pretty princess

good

i'm glad you're doing so well.hope all goes well.i'm gonna try minnesota sooner or later.

Yay!! DayTrippers back!

Welcome back with all the applause and love you deserve xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]