Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How comfortable do you really feel?

How comfortable do you really feel?

I have been reading thread after thread about this and that, but how comfortable do you really feel with yourself?

I for one always knew that something was underneath my male clothes and persona. Last halloween that changed when my wife suggested I wear a female outfit. I never, and mean never, dressed up for halloween because I always knew the out fit I REALLY wanted to wear. Work and pressure said what the heck do you have to lose so I went and did it. I am so glad that I got that 10,000 weight out of the way. I now wear panties daily, shave regularly, and wear the clothing I feel most comfortable in(when the kids are in bed). I cant tell you how much at peace I am with myself this past year, and look forward to the next year wherever that may take me....

Your thoughts

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar

How Comfortable ??

Nats, it's the wrong day to ask me that .. I'm more comfortable than I've been in years. Have had a bit of an emotional up-and-down and now very comfy at home and feeling good.
    Though not genetically Female, I am now as much as can be in that role and in full contentment.
    For some here the comfort might vary with age and experience but for me, it's just another day in Paradise. Thanks for affording me the opportunity tell the World.
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]

i am very comfortable with who i am now. but before i came out i was in a living hell i was uncomfortable not being who i am trying to live a lie was hard work and it was not working. that saying be true to your self well it's true look at me now ..hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    I've never been happier. Content may be the wrong word as I am on a path whose end I do not know, but I am content that I am on the right path.

Lovies,
    Steph

How comfortable am I at home? Well, when I got home from work, I put on my bra and a skirt. I scrubbed my face and put on a bit of makeup. I'm sitting in the dining room and the wife just brought me a fresh drink. So I think she knows.
    Now out in public, I'm scared shipless. But I do go out dressed. Even though I;m nervious, I try not to act nervious...BJ

Comfortable to go out to crowded places enfemme in the day light....comfortable enough to buy any womens clothing and try them on in the store, enfemme or in drab... Comfortable to not care what others think of the way I dress.....so comfortable that I've had to look down to see how I was dressed....it all feels the same. Well, emotionally the same!! Hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Comfortable

I go out in skirts every evening. I don't try to pass as female, I wear a beard. I just feel comfortable wearing skirts and that is what I do. When I started wearing skirts in public, it took me only a few weeks to get over the initial fear of what might happen. Once I was over that initial fear, I quickly became very comfortable.
    Have fun now, life is too short to wait,
    RedBaron
    http://www.facebook.com/guenther.eichhorn

Banned Read only
    I'm fine with Angela.
    I think she's ok.

After knowing for many years that there was something different about me, I finally fully accepted my fem side. If the last few months have been any indication, I may well end up going out dressed all the time.

So, yes I'm comfy with myself, but I'm still afraid of other people.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I honestly don't know how comfortable I am with crossdressing "on average".

As for right now, I am not really comfortable with it. I thought that I had made good progress toward self-acceptance but truly I have not.

I do (or have done) dress up and go out shopping. My wife supports (or used to) me in my crossdressing. Lately she hasn't felt so positive about it, and is ambiguous as to why she is feeling that way... and that affects my mood greatly.

I have never felt like a "girl", I have always felt like me. I would love to be able to dress in pretty things and still feel like "me" -- as of now, when I dress up, I feel as if I am masquerading, even hiding my true self.

Sorry for the incomplete thoughts above, I just have nothing more to add to this right now.

More and more all the time. Billie Jean and Bill get on well together. I am able to buy things without any embarassment, after all GG's are always buying things from the men's dept. Most of the time, the cashiers never give a second thought to what you buy anyway. I love to come home after a long shift and get in my whirlpool then get into a comfortable gown and watch TV. Billie Jean

gets better all the time

Went out broad daylite, for 2 days now, slayed that dragon. Feel absolutely great about it. 53 yrs old now, wish I had done it years ago. Besides the clothes feel absolutely fabulous, and sharing the experience with a couple of close friends makes all the difference.
    Karen Francis

Becoming more comfortable as time goes by. As Karen from Lehigh County said, I, too, wish I had done what I'm doing now years ago. Right now, I think I am more Sherrie than Him.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Totally content

My wife is accepting and I wear panties 24/7, nightgowns every night and my other clothes as I want around the house.

i'm very comfortable at home and outside dressed as Jasmine.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

girl next door
    Before arriving here, I was very confused and alone in all of this. What a difference a year and a half makes! I am now very comfortable with myself, both Tammi and Tom. The other night, I went to the famous high heel race in DC with a dear GG friend, dressed to the nines, and was surprised just how completely comfy I was! I was absolutely thrilled to be there as Tammi! Granted, the situation obviously contributed to this feeling, but it was very real nonetheless.

Thanx for the thread.

xoxo
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

is in her vest
    At the moment I feel intensely uncomfortable with myself. I find my femme side is occupying my thoughts far too much, and at times seems to be dominating me...I don't really like that....it scares me a little...no a lot. I know that in the past the urge has just cycled on, and I'm hoping that's going to be the case again.

I find that I am taking far greater risks with my dressing than I have in the past, and I don't seem to be abe to rationalise that aspect at the moment.

I'm terrified at being outed, yet I'm doing things and obsessed by things that will only one day lead to just that. I'm so obsessed with getting out of the house and my comfort zone some days that my little voice "control centre" is just over ridden by my desire to be femme and to be seen. Then later in moments of lucidity, and on reflection, I hate myself.

So today, I am very umcomfortable....but tomorrow, I just don't know??
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I feel very comfortable as Karyn...going to the mall dressed , shopping in drab and trying on the clothes, going to a salon, just being myself. It is a wonderful feeling when I am dressed.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    Far more comfortable than I was before I found this forum!

It has taken me a long time to get here, and I am still very much a work in progess, with a long way to go.
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

For most of my life, I lived the life of shame. This was exacerbated by my feeling of aloneness and the frequent catty comments by my ex-wife. When I began to live alone about 7 yars ago, I decided that I had enough of this and decided to see what I could do with it. I also discovered the internet at that time. I realized that I was not alone. I am now quite comfortable with the feeling of who I am. This did not come overnight, but was a step by step process. First to work on the appearance, then to begin shopping openly, then to begin going out. I am now happier than I have been in my life. I am more relaxed, more laid back and am now enjoying myself.

Wish I could have sone it much earlier in my life. Those who are young (30 and younger) have no idea what it was like before the internet.

Jodi

I'm very comfortable with who I am. The real test of comfort depends on the shoes you have on!

comfortable ?

I am feeling uncomfortable at this point in my life as the real me is a secret to all and there some degree of shame with my current lifestyle. I don't know if I will be comfortable if I allow the world to see the real me but lets hope so.

hugs

Fiona

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jane View Post
    At the moment I feel intensely uncomfortable with myself. I find my femme side is occupying my thoughts far too much, and at times seems to be dominating me...I don't really like that....it scares me a little...no a lot. I know that in the past the urge has just cycled on, and I'm hoping that's going to be the case again.

I find that I am taking far greater risks with my dressing than I have in the past, and I don't seem to be abe to rationalise that aspect at the moment.

I'm terrified at being outed, yet I'm doing things and obsessed by things that will only one day lead to just that. I'm so obsessed with getting out of the house and my comfort zone some days that my little voice "control centre" is just over ridden by my desire to be femme and to be seen. Then later in moments of lucidity, and on reflection, I hate myself.

So today, I am very umcomfortable....but tomorrow, I just don't know??
    That's amazing, I feel like you wrote exactly what I was thinking.
    I know that I will be mortified if I got caught, but I do things that could very possibly get me busted!
    Maybe it's the thrill of almost being caught.

Anyway, I'm pretty comfortable. The wife knows and has been showing more signs of acceptance each day. Can't really ask for more right now.

I would love to just wear womens shoes all the time! God, women are so lucky, they get so many types and styles to choose from! I completely understand women who have seperate closets just for their shoes!
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by natasha View Post
    I have been reading thread after thread about this and that, but how comfortable do you really feel with yourself?

I for one always knew that something was underneath my male clothes and persona. Last halloween that changed when my wife suggested I wear a female outfit. I never, and mean never, dressed up for halloween because I always knew the out fit I REALLY wanted to wear. Work and pressure said what the heck do you have to lose so I went and did it. I am so glad that I got that 10,000 weight out of the way. I now wear panties daily, shave regularly, and wear the clothing I feel most comfortable in(when the kids are in bed). I cant tell you how much at peace I am with myself this past year, and look forward to the next year wherever that may take me....

Your thoughts

That basicly reflects what I just posted in a previous thread about wishing you had started sooner. Basicly for me it amounted to my male side finally giving in the the female part of me and putting it on instead of fighting myself. And when I did this the wife was wonderful and encouraging. And from that time on I have felt pretty much at peace with myself. Both sides. They seem to have come together as one. Which is a little weird but very relaxing.

April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

I had a lot of experiences when growing up that forced me to be self reliant if I wanted to survive... so I learned early on that I was what I was and that I didn't have anything to be guilty or apologize to anybody for.

So inside myself, in my head I guess, I am 100% comfortable with who I am.

But things are a bit more complicated than that. The same experiences that shaped me that way as I was growing up isolated me from everybody else. I didn't get 'socialized' very well and have never been one to fit in or be accepted by any group. This resulted in my being the target of a lot (four years, CONSTANT all day every day) of bullying in high school. I compensated by withdrawing and starting to feel very separated from everybody else. At the same time, I started to feel the desire to be accepted by others, and finally the need to NOT draw attention to myself, since I learned when I was young that that only ended in trouble and, usually, pain.

So I know the way I feel 'inside' and the way I relate to the outside world conflict with each other, but life is complicated. What I ended up with is a very strong sense of self, while at the same time a need for the approval of others and a desire to not be the target of any negative attention.

So, not quite the best mix for a crossdresser, huh? I'm working through it (slowly), but every time I take another step I'm fighting the daemons of my past. I have nothing but envy for the people that can have an attitude of "I'm going to wear a dress, to hell with what anybody else thinks about it!" For me, every person that I can imagine looking at me disdainfully while I am dressed triggers another conditioned response in me to duck and run for cover.

We humans are a strange beast.
    Last edited by Cristi; 10-28-2006 at 11:31 PM.