Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD's playing guitars?????

GypsyKaren
    I've played bass since high school, thinking about getting a Geddy Lee Jazz at the moment, though I've always wanted a Hoffner. Now I mostly play acoustic on an Epiphone or a Martin. Wish I still had my 60s Vox Westminster...

Karen

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar
    Crikey!, we might be on to something here:

Yamaha FG-335, Acoustic bought in about 1978, just about played in by now :-)
    Yamaha Pacifica ( 'Strat' ish )
    Gordon Smith Graduate 60, brilliant 'Les Paul' type guitar!
    Squire Precision Bass
    Aria Sandpiper Electro-Acoustic

It's only rock 'n' roll, but we like it.

Rachel
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !

Banned Read only
    perhaps its because every other band I work with has a female bass player, if there is a girl in the band playing, 9 times out of 10 its a bass. A Suzie Quatro deal or something.

All The Pretty Horses ....a GREAT Band , all TG/TS Band out of Mnpls, MN. Saw them play many times and they are Super ! Write thier own music, can buy CD's off thier website.
    http://www.prettyhorses.net/
    " Go Confidently in the direction of your Dreams ! Live the Life You've Imagined. "

" SHOOT FOR THE MOON, Even if you miss, You'll Land among the Stars "

~Cami Dawn~

Guitar girls

I have a Takamine Jasmine and had a few others in the past, Ovation, Fender acoustic. But this Takamine is the best I ever owned. Used to play in the worship group in the church and for the sunday school for many years. Enjoyed it a lot. Played with many other others in the course of those years and had a blast. One sunday school came there was the two of us on guitars and we even had a drummer and spent one afternoon playing 60's and 70's pop songs and that was fun, I played the mouth organ in some songs and the kids danced and enjoyed themselves that afternoon.

bought myself a gorgeous gibson les paul a few weeks back,play a telecaster too.love the blues.short blue skirts especially. much love to you all

Wish I still had my 65 Fender Telecaster....or my Fender Mustang.....or my Gibson 12 string....or even my DanElectro!!

Bought the son one of those Chineese Strats....actually a good guitar for $100.....but my finger nails were too long to play....lol

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-09-2006 at 07:15 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have a Takamine 6 string and i TRY to play but I'm not that good with it, but I have fun with it and it's relaxing so I still do it.

Maybe someday I'll get lessons but I have a degree to finish first...

But an all TG or CD band, yeah!

What was the name of that Seattle band?

Thinking Boy George had the corner on that market....

I can come be the cheerleader or something LOL
    Last edited by Scotty; 11-09-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Can I sit in on this gig

Dressing and playing guitar since about 6 or 7 year old. Have now cheaper Squire strat and several full body steel string hollow box. Started with popular and light classical, then Ventures style in my teens and now like play steel hollow box with my Casio keyboard which has a number of popular classical numbers Nutcracker, Hungarian Dances no. 5 etc, etc ,also done as Rap City by the Ventures back in the sixtys.
    Yes I think there is a connection. Xdressing is an expression of interself and desire to experance as much in this short life as possible.
    I like to dress in drag during the week and then on the weekend dress like like a cowboy and compete in cowboy action shooting. I like single handed sailing and have a 27' sailboat that I coastal cruise and island hop in the bahama's.
    Life a journey enjoy the ride.
    Billie

Quote Originally Posted by Billiemarie View Post
    I like to dress in drag during the week and then on the weekend dress like like a cowboy and compete in cowboy action shooting. I like single handed sailing and have a 27' sailboat that I coastal cruise and island hop in the bahama's.
    Life a journey enjoy the ride.
    Billie
    I know people that do the 3 gun cowboy action - looks fun!!
    Used to be a firearms instructor in another life
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I started as a drummer then took up guitar between my son and I we have about a dozen guitars with the rarest being a Huntington microfret. This is not counting his couple of basses my drums keyboards and other stuff.

I started playing guitar at age 5, and drums at age 9. Drums are my main instrument, and have been for the past 14 years. I still play guitar a little... but I'm a much better drummer.

Ally

I play a 1952 Les Paul Goldtop and I front a band that has received national radio airplay on a couple of ocaisions.I play electric guitar and my acoustic guitar playing is technically up to snuff but unremarkable.I own 2 acoustic guitars an old Silvertone and a "Ray and Dave Davies"Fender Avalon from the late 60's.I like straight blues,heavy rock,garage rock,British invasion and rockabilly.I've been fascinated with the idea of a cd band for years.I remember when the New York Dolls came out in the early 70's and i thought that what they were doing was incredible.I have a tendency to choose clothes that have kind of a fem overtone for daily drab and I try to stay clean shaven.But it would be real kick ass to perform enfemme.I remember that Todd Rundgren hosted a TV music show in drag.I think it was in 1975. I think it's great just looking at all these posts and seeing that lots of us play music.Samantha B L

Banned Read only
    There are several such bands in the Bay Area, both Boiz and Grrls.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Have a history of playing in local bands, guitar and drums. Still have my 59 Fender Duosonic,blond finish, which is called a "3/4" model, all original condition. Like Karren I wish I had the stuff I sold for a song way back when. GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

Wow. Few of us are musos hey???

heres my list for those that wanna know

Ibanez 5-string Bass
    Musicman 4-string Bass
    Peavy Cab and Head

Stage Drum Kit - Remo skins, Zildjian Hats Ride Crash 2 x splash, Meinel China, Stagg Crash/ride/hats, Pearl Double kick pedal

Don't know if you can tell from my kit, but im a metal chick

I've played guitar since I was 14. I have a couple of strats, two Telecasters and an Epiphone Les paul.

I had to sell my Gibson Explorers as I needed the money...

Kim

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    ahh the 80s, the time when MTV was at its peak, AC/DC had proved critics wrong with coming up from the ashes like a phoenix with Back In Black, Aerosmith was popular, hair metal was big, like the hairdos, and overall, it was a good time for rock music in general, and Back To The Future proved succesfull (you did see the movie, didn't you, if not, shame on you)
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

I'm big fan of Johnny Ramone, best rock guitar player. Hendrix made me want to play guitar in the first place, even tried playing left hand.

The New York Dolls used to be one of my favorite bands when they had Johnny Thunders. I have some pictures I took of him playing London Dingwalls and the Rock Garden.

The Dolls where the first cross dressing band...

Kim

well...

I have a squire stratocastor, though to say I am a guitar player is a bit of an over statment...
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

I've been playing in bands for 20 years. I have 1969 Fender Jazz and a Modulus Quantum 5.

Luminous beings are we...

You might be on to something

Count me in. I've got 5 guitars in the room with me right now (counting my bass). Of course one is the obligatory Fender Strat (American Standard version from the early 90s). My acoustic collection includes a Martin DX1, a Yamaha A/E and a Fender 12-string.

I'm in two bands but something tells me neither group would accept me dressing the way I'd secretly like to. Maybe one year we'll play a show on halloween... a girl can dream can't she?
    Amanda Knight

I have a Les Paul, a Telecaster and a Jonson flat top. I also have a Roland keyboard all of which I play in a band. The only time I play enfeme is at home alone as the guys in the band don't know about my Xdressing. I tend to play softer music when wearing my skirts. Billie Jean

Any left-handed players in the house?

Can I bring my wildfire bass (aka Ghost) along with my silver 6 (aka Angel)? Got a cheeze Peavey Rage 158 amp, but I wish I still had my Fender 250, with Fender Perssion Bass (circa 1974). Both were stolen. However, when and where are we getting together? Count me in!!!!
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    actually, I guess if I was to finally get my "fem" voice right, that IF I was to try and sing like that, it'd probably sound better, seeing as my sister tells me I can't sing at all.
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri