Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD's playing guitars?????

Sejd
    Does the saying"the one with the most toys win" count here?
    I got a lot of music stuff surounding me in my studio, my newest addition is a Yamaha powermixer, I also have two guitars, a banjo, a violin, a flute, a clarinet, several frame drums and latin percusion congas, a chinese Erhu, and mouth organ, a persian Cetar, a Turkish Santoor and a rebek!!!!! did I mention the kazooo? LOL
    Music, never leave home without it! Lets start jammin'
    huggs
    Sejd

Yeah, I have a closet full of that stuff too!!

My main axe is a late 70's Boogie Bodies hardtail strat.
    I also have what could be the world's heaviest late 60's 335.
    A Guild Nightbird, a Guild acoustic, and an Epiphone Elite Broadway.

I do play the guitar, and I have for over 40 years
    Once bitten, always smitten

mick jagger wore a dress for an open air concert in london in the late 60s

I remember very well ''mick jagger'' of the stones singing while wearing a dress in an open air concert in london in the late 60s .He was also in a film called ''performance wearing womens clothes most of the time.
    Many acters ,actresses ,pop stars ,musicians through the ages have been gay ,bisexual ,crossdressers etc .
    It seems like artistic people are less conventional and just do what they wanna do and dont give a damn about what other people think .

Banned Read only
    BTW, even though I'm not much of a player, I am a union stagehand, a lighting and sound tech to all your favorite bands, and all the ones you don't like so much too. I will just sign on to be the tech dir.

P.S. I want my own bus! Pink please.

Fantastic thread. Who would have thought it? Amateur guitar and bass player here. By "amateur", I mean lousy. But I certainly enjoy playing.

Current equipment for guitar is a circa 1998 Strat (USA) and a Mesa Boogie F-50. For bass, a circa 2002 P-bass (USA) and a Fender Bassman 100 (1x15 combo).

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

OK So the big question, had a G/F years ago who had to always cut her fingernails on her left hand to play.

Any of you play with fingernails? Mine are only like 1/8th of an inch - just enough to NOT be too femme.......but femme enough.

I can't play with fingernails (I can't play much anyway but that's beside the point)

Good thread!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I so wanted to join and post on this thread, but I don't play guitar. I did have a plastic one once. Could I be in the band with my harmonica. I can play the first dozen or so notes of "El Paso." You know that Marty Robbins' song. Well, actually, you wouldn't know if I played it.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Just signing in to this thread. I have a couple of spares I could loan if anyone is short of gear.

Yamaha classical acoustic guitar.
    Yamaha APX-5 acoustic guitar.
    A beginner level Yamaha bass guitar with a Fender Bassman-30 amp.
    A Samick strat clone with Roland GK-3 hexaphonic pickup which drives a Roland GR-50 guitar synth system into a Roland GP-16 multi-fx processor. The guitar tone from the strat goes to a Boss ME-30 multi-fx then to a Peavey Classic-15 valve amp.
    Sitting just above my PC keyboard on my PC desk is a Korg Wavestation synth keyboard, and there's also a Boss DR-5 drum module.

At the moment I'm seriously considering buying a MOTU Ultralite recording/mixing interface and some shielded recording monitors.

I have a couple strats (Mexistrat, American Deluxe), a couple acoustics (Taylor, Ovation), and a bass. I have been playing on and off for about ten years, but I am not really that great. I have jammed here and there, but never in front of anyone but the jammers and friends.

I too have to keep my left hand finger nails real short or I can't fret worth a darn. I used to do a bunch of practicing late at night in my garage dressed up (amp down low or using headphones). It was a blast, the way the strat would hug my "curves"... Bracelets and rings made playing feel different as well as having long hair. Very fun!!

I once saw the Lipstick Conspiracy play at the TG cotillion in San Mateo. They were awesome and I was sooo jealous...

I always thought that playing in a band would be a good excuse for getting ears pierced! I could use the excuse that "I had to do something to fit in"... But, I need to find a band first...

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    OK So the big question, had a G/F years ago who had to always cut her fingernails on her left hand to play.

Any of you play with fingernails? Mine are only like 1/8th of an inch - just enough to NOT be too femme.......but femme enough.

I can't play with fingernails (I can't play much anyway but that's beside the point)

Good thread!!
    ditto on the thread. I tried with nails, but I can't get the notes to sustain as well on my acoustic. This is about as long as I can grow them. I badly need a manicure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's so fantastic that all us girls are musically inclined! I play many different styles of music but I'd like to ask if anyone else likes to play incredibly heavy music on guitar? There's something delicious for me about the dichotomy of playing the most brutal sort of doom/death/thrash metal whilst also looking very sweet and feminine! I guess I just love paradoxes...

Girls, thank you! I am quite comfortable before tonight's show...black panties, black hose...under my drabs...onstage...such a turn on!

(I too, would love to list my guitar collection, but I'd be OUTED for sure!)

Wow...My suspicion was correct, there's a HUGE connection between the muse and other alternative expression.

My late father: "Rock'n roll is nuthin' but a bunch of queers"
    Ummmm..."whatever, DAD"...Maybe that is what enabled me to get in touch with my other side, since, with my skinny ass, football was out of the question.

Kisses and Hugs,

Indeed, I am not alone.

I too play guitar. I have a Fender Elec/Acoustic, Ibanez Elec/Acoustic, 2 basses-1 4 string and 1 6 string, A Mandolin and a Strat knock off. I'd also love to play in front of people wearing a short leather mini and spiked high heel boots.

Hi Scottie,

I try to let my nails grow a bit when I'm not playing much, but if a want to play as well as possible, the nails on my left hand get cut as short as I can safely get them.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Sejd
    Hi Scottie
    Ys, the left hand short fingernails is me too, a custom which is never going away since I have played guitar since the age of 12 and I am now 55!!! (ssshhh) but I still keep my nails trimmed nicely, and my right hand probably has longer nails than most men are acustomed.

I've been a rock-n-roll drummer for about 40 years.also have a strong intrest in sound and lights productions.my equipment collection has gotten realy out of hand,but that time on stage makes it all worht while.

Wink Girls playing guitars

This is so cool.I`ve always thought that there`s a link between my femeninity and my musicality.(I also think we tend to be more intelligent.)I play and listen to ALL kinds of music.Punk,60`s garage rock,pre-war blues and country,post-war blues,fusion,metal,50`s rock,40`s jump blues,ethnic music from the 20`s and 30`s,60`s surf,western swing, rockabilly,jazz,just to give a partial list.I have a 62 strat,fat strat,G&L F100 sreries two,humbucker equipped tele,Danelectro reissue(like Jimmy Page`s)Morell lap steel a bunch of acoustics and I also play keyboards and harp (harmonica) WHEW!!! I`d really like to hear more on this subject.Feel free to write.Love Angela E.:be:

Two Godin's.
    A Seagull cedar top acoustic and an LG with Seymour Duncans I had put in it. I had them take out the Godin humbuckers. I could have bought an LG with them installed but it had a longer scale and I wanted the shorter one. Yeah it screams when I want.

I also have a set of congas and a Yammie synth. Is there a connection between creativity and gender. Nahhh.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Jennifer View Post
    It's so fantastic that all us girls are musically inclined! I play many different styles of music but I'd like to ask if anyone else likes to play incredibly heavy music on guitar? There's something delicious for me about the dichotomy of playing the most brutal sort of doom/death/thrash metal whilst also looking very sweet and feminine! I guess I just love paradoxes...
    I love heavy rock to but listen to and play all sorts i wrote some of my best music enfemme

That's interesting, I'm an avid musician. I wonder if there is a connection to this artsy brain and cd'ing. Either way, I love both.

*muah*

I started learning how to play the guitar about a year ago. I have a Fender acoustic and recently bought an electric Daisy Rock Stardust Elite. I also have a portable keyboard and used to play the harmonica.

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    I have been playing bass for about 20 years now. I have an Ibanez 4 string, and a custom built 5 string as soon as its done. I would join an all CD band in a heartbeat, in fact its something I always wanted to do.

As far as playing with nails, I saw a band back in the 80s, I thing it was Fastway, and the chick playing bass had nails about 2 inches long and never missed a lick.... She was my hero from then on.
    Erika Leigh

Banned Read only
    We laugh when these kids show up with half a music store in tow. What's up with that? I can see one electric, one acoustic, but beyond that? Given the effects racks that always seem to be next to them anyway.

Carlos Santana tours with two identical gutiars, and two identical very small Fender Amps. That's only to have a spare just in case. Jerry Garcia - who knew something about touring -used to tour with only one axe. His roadie, Steve Parrish, would sleep with it in the bed next to him so critical to the tour was that one instrument. If you can play, you can get the sound you want from any instrument. Joan Jett played the same axe all night long the other night. Jeff Beck, though he was dragging five with him, used only two the night I worked that show.

Some years ago in an interview Jerry was asked about the amount of custom equipment the Dead toured with, the interviewer was gushing about the possibility when Jerry said - in that high squeeky voice of his - "We don't have anything that we can't replace in Cleveland on a Sunday night."

Crossdressers have been playing guitars for years.... it's called Heavy Metal