View Poll Results: How long are your fingers?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ring finger is longer than index (more male)

22 30.99%
  • Ring finger & index about the same (more girlie)

44 61.97%
  • Different on each hand / missing some / I'm awkward

3 4.23%
  • Not telling you!

2 2.82%

Thread: How long are your fingers guys?

How long are your fingers guys?

Hey guys!

Ok, this is a poll (well, three separate ones actually) that crispy's set up over on the MTF board, asking about all the MTFs, the GGs etc, and so I thought it would be interesting to ask you guys about, copied text as follows:

compare the length of the 4th finger on each hand with the 2nd. (ie index and ring, which I was calling first and third, just to be awkward)

the theory is that if they are about the same length you were not exposed to much testosterone during foetal development, and will grow up to be girly.

if the 4th finger is clearly longer than the 2nd, you were exposed to more testosterone and are likely to be classically macho male

So, what's the verdict then?
    Life is not about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself

Lily...you tell me. On my right hand, my 2nd finger is longer than my 4th finger. On my left hand, my 4th finger is longer than my 2nd.

So...what does that make me then...a girly macho man?

Love,
    Christine " A Very Confused Queen" Renee

My 4th finger er ring finger is longer than my index finger. Makes plently of sense. I'm too damn macho for words sometimes.

Index fingers

both my brother and I have very long index fingers. One day we confided out kinks to each other. *snap*! so now is it genetic??? I'm sure my Mother and father wouldn't like to think it was upbringing.

Vickie-CD
    My second is just barely longer than my fourth, but they are so close to the same length, I really had to eyeball it to notice a difference. I am also left handed, does that have any meaning?? Just wondering.
    Love,
    Vickie

Oi, this particular poll was supposed to be only for FTMs.

Stay in your section!!

the results will be meaningless if we've got MTFs answering this version of the poll.

come to think about it there are too many MTFs posting on this board. And I thought we had decided we were the intelligentsia ...... DUHHH! :mad:

Julie or someone, please explain the difference to these dumbwits.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    My ring finger is slightly longer... between 1/8 and 1/4 inch longer, probably. Yippee!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Interesting to see a poll where the number of posts exceeds the number of votes

Mine are approx the same length on both hands.

Also, a quick question. What would it indicate if fingers on your dominant hand were of equal length and the other different.
    My first book, The Shipping Mistake, has been published. It's about all my pre-op years, since I was a child.

It is available for purchase at the following links online:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Lulu (the printer)

You can download a free preview by following any of the book links at Lulu

*bangs head on desk*

Please tell me the MTFs aren't voting on this poll! Talk about skewing the results - never mind
    Life is not about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Lily_gg
    *bangs head on desk*

Please tell me the MTFs aren't voting on this poll! Talk about skewing the results - never mind
    you can't win them all, can you? ........ :mad:

I assume from her posting here that natasha sometimes is a girl trying to be a boy. from the look of her avatar she's not doing a very good job ......
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Can't hold hand straight enough. I'm awkward!

[COLOR=Magenta]

Mine are identical. I knew I was meant to be a gal!

The Girly Caveman (Cavey)
    Lighten up Lycra Lover - last time I checked it was still a free continent.

US, oklahoma. (Not all of us are hicks down here)

Yay!!!

Ha! My ring fingers are longer than my index fingers!! *cheers for joy* It's fate, I tell you!

Fingers

Ring finger is slightly longer than my index and the same on both hands.

Hugs
    Linda Lee

Ring finger is longer than index finger.

First, did you want MTF's to vote too? (I'm a MTF) anyway my ring finger is defiantly longer than my index finger on both hands, but I feel quite girly? Does that make sense????

CindyT
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Wink Thanx Dana J :D

Dana J showed me a link I thought is pretty relevant to this thread.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...maleaggression

Have fun reading it

I can't vote but, on both my hands, my index finger is shorter than my middle and 4th finger..... can't ya tell who wears the 'trousers' in my house

Tamara x
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

[QUOTE ... the theory is that if they are about the same length you were not exposed to much testosterone during foetal development, and will grow up to be girly.

if the 4th finger is clearly longer than the 2nd, you were exposed to more testosterone and are likely to be classically macho male... QUOTE]

I'd also heard that if your index finger is longer than your ring finger you are also more likely to be a lesbian.

My ring finger is slightly longer than my index finger and I'm an mtf cd who identifies as lesbian. I'm also good at systemising and map reading - apparently tasks men are good at - so it would seem the theory holds true with me.

does hair on them count against me?

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie Lee
    does hair on them count against me?
    No, hair on the knuckles is a dominant trait-- most people have it.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Palmistry and Triggernometry

As a useless fact, palmists usually try to read palms on the non-dominant hand, because it represents how you were meant to be at birth. On the dominant hand, it's supposed to represent how you became.

And another useless fact... some anthropologists believe that the dominance of finger length in genders is related to the ancient hunter/gatherer roles of each of the sexes. Women were more the gatherers, so it would be more beneficial for them to have relatively elongated index fingers, with which to pick berries and whatnot. Men, being hunters, would be more benefitted having stronger middle, ring, and pinkie fingers (phalanges 3, 4, and 5 to be complicated). These fingers would be more developed in order to grasp spears, swords, and other destructive implements. Even today, to those of you who shoot, the reason that the trigger finger is the index finger, is because that finger is closer to the centerbore, thus has less torque, and thus can be dedicated to delicate movements. The remainder of the hand needs to be fairly strong to deal with leverage, and thus is dedicated to gross motor functions.

O
    "If there's trouble, all us freaks have is each other" ~ Abe Sapien, Hellboy

My measurement alone, I'm more male-ish. But this supports how I feel... I like to get dirty and guy type things, fishing, demolition, yard work, auto repairs... .
    I don't cook, can't sew for crap, can't wrap a simple gift to save my life.
    Dawn

May god bless you all