Thread: your legial name change

your legial name change

hi there may i ask you guys a question. have you or will you change your legal name from your birth name to your male gender name ?
    and can you deal with the issues that come along with it.

you see being a m2f i change my name. as paul was kinda odd for a girl. and then i had to change everything else over too. health card , insurance sin number, now i find when going to work i don't look feminine , well i look like a guy no offence to you. but if i get stop by the police my drivers linc does not match me in drab ? now i find myself looking for full time work as marissa ..has paul can't do anything now drive get a job anything. and my voice is a give away everytime even at church people come over and for some reason i get read .
    becoming a woman was not has easy as i thought ?. why me !!!
    is it easy for you going the other way ?. can you pass 100% as a guy in everyway ?
    thank you hugs
    Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, Marissa, if you check our recent "Pics" thread, you'll see that the guys here pass very well - except for me. I know because I get called "ma'am" every single day. Actually, yesterday someone said "excuse me, sir" from behind, and when I turned around he corrected himself and said, "ma'am" (I told him he got it right the first time). I know I have a feminine face, despite all my efforts.

Regarding the name change. I'm actually not changing my name legally, but have started using my first two initials with my last name at work and on accounts. Eventually, I hope to use this on everything I can. As "Lex" is a nickname for my middle name, it's not a stretch for people to call me that.

I'm not sure if I answered your questions.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely planning on changing my name sometime soon. I really don't need to change my birthname, as it is an androgynous name & can be taken either way. I just felt like snagging a new name for my new life.

I've been passing very well for the last 1 1/2 months. I'm approached and adressed as 100% male. *knocks on wood so it doesn't change*

The only thing holding me back is that I don't have a good gameplan for changing my documents. I'm a little stumped as to how you go about and do everything. My therapist said that a written note [call if that if you will] from my doctor telling everyone to change my documents to Mr. & such would be enough. I'm still not sure it will be that easy though. Seems like a legal approach w/court documents would be the only real guaranteed way to have things changed.

But in response to your question.... yes. I can change my name, & I will. And I think I'm definitely up for handling whatever type of action that could/can/will come with changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    hi there may i ask you guys a question. have you or will you change your legal name from your birth name to your male gender name ?
    and can you deal with the issues that come along with it.

you see being a m2f i change my name. as paul was kinda odd for a girl. and then i had to change everything else over too. health card , insurance sin number, now i find when going to work i don't look feminine , well i look like a guy no offence to you. but if i get stop by the police my drivers linc does not match me in drab ? now i find myself looking for full time work as marissa ..has paul can't do anything now drive get a job anything. and my voice is a give away everytime even at church people come over and for some reason i get read .
    becoming a woman was not has easy as i thought ?. why me !!!
    is it easy for you going the other way ?. can you pass 100% as a guy in everyway ?
    thank you hugs
    Marissa

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Meh, I'll get around to it eventually. I'm just lazy so it may take awhile. I always thought I'd do it as soon as I turned 18, but that was like 2 1/2 years ago, so I missed the boat on that one.
    As for dealing with the issues, I don't think it'll be a problem. I mean, they're just legal documents and stuff. The people who still call me by my female name can continue to do so if they want, I don't really have too much of a problem with it most of the time.
    As for passing 100% of the time, no I don't, but that's to be expected. I really haven't done too much to alter the way I look.
    Although a couple of weeks ago I was talking to some random guy at a party and he looked thoughtfully at me for a minute and told me I've got a really feminine face, but didn't read me as a girl. *shrugs* It's kinda weird-- when people read me as a guy, and I tell them otherwise (if I feel like I'm gonna see them more than once and just want to be straightforward) most of the time they take some convincing. They don't believe me at first. Oddly, it's the same way with my accents. If I use and English accent, people buy it, and then if I switch back to my regular one they tell me I've got a crap American accent and won't believe I'm not British. They're making a liar of me!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Yep I sure would/will change my name if/when I transition/ed
    I would actually be a boy then... so I'd need a boy's name!

How come you changed your name if you're not female full time?
    *Thinks for a moment* hmmm... I guess sometimes you like being a guy and sometimes a lady? Maybe you should have chosen a unisex name!

I have heard there are some really good voice therapists that can help teach you to sound like a gg.... that may be worth a go

Passing wise I think that FTM's are pretty lucky in a way because they become more masculine and their voices break ... so it's quite easy for them to pass once the testosterone has really taken hold (can take a couple of years to get really good results but it varys on everyone).
    Putting it simply, a girl on T basically goes through puberty again...and becomes a boy.

(Hmm...curious thinking about that actually because I'd always thought that some women and young boys were very similar creatures... sound wise and even look wise sometimes... but that's a subject for a whoole other thread lol!)

As for issues that come with changing documentation to M... well it would be a bit embarrasing and awkward getting it done (having to admit that I used to be a girl) but once it was done it would be done and I could relax about it, safe in the knowledge that my documents were now correct
    Last edited by pocoyo; 12-15-2006 at 05:48 AM.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Platinum Member
    i'll get round to it some day...i keep putting it off but not for reasons you may think..........everyone calls me by my male name now anyway, i just cant be bothered right now to deal with all the companies and officialities of changing my name with everyone......lazy git yup thats me.....like i said everyone calls me Kieron anyway

i changed mine legally and yes i get ma'am or "miss" all the time but i have not had a problem ohh i so love my photo driving lisence as its my pic in there then i have id i can show with a pic but yeah best move i ever did

Great thread... Would I change my name and how would I deal with the issues?

Well I would be lying if I said it hadn't passed through my head but then it all the issues surrounding it that puts me off ya know parents family and such like so If I ever did it would be in the very distant future like a lot of other things. xx Felix

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    I surely want tt change my name. My real name is Eveline (Dutch form of Evelyne) and that isn't boy'ish at all! I would love to change it to Evert some day.

But I don't have any real trouble actually, I always shorten it to Eef, which is a dutch androgynous name. Some people think I'm a guy when I tell them my name, some won't. And luckily I've got a group of friends now who really don't care. The don't correct people who call me he/him. I'm still very thankfull for that.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I plan on it as soon as I can afford it and ready to do it.

I,ve been thinking about this and it has kinda got me bein a little cheeky with ppl who are close to me. When I text my close friends now I put my girl name ***** aka Felix. My partner told me to do this as it means also known as instead of puttin @Felix . I thought it was a good idea so I've started doing it with a few ppl. My best mate at school was cool about it, but say no more he is such a cool dude I'll just have to wait and see what reaction I get off others now xx Felix

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    Yep I sure would/will change my name if/when I transition/ed
    I would actually be a boy then... so I'd need a boy's name!

How come you changed your name if you're not female full time?
    *Thinks for a moment* hmmm... I guess sometimes you like being a guy and sometimes a lady? Maybe you should have chosen a unisex name!
    I have heard there are some really good voice therapists that can help teach you to sound like a gg.... that may be worth a go

Passing wise I think that FTM's are pretty lucky in a way because they become more masculine and their voices break ... so it's quite easy for them to pass once the testosterone has really taken hold (can take a couple of years to get really good results but it varys on everyone).
    Putting it simply, a girl on T basically goes through puberty again...and becomes a boy.

(Hmm...curious thinking about that actually because I'd always thought that some women and young boys were very similar creatures... sound wise and even look wise sometimes... but that's a subject for a whoole other thread lol!)

As for issues that come with changing documentation to M... well it would be a bit embarrasing and awkward getting it done (having to admit that I used to be a girl) but once it was done it would be done and I could relax about it, safe in the knowledge that my documents were now correct
    hi pocoyo
    well i am full time. but i work in the poultry industry and i can't wear makeup to work food regulations. so i look like all the other girls out there. and at the end of the day when we are all covered in chicken bold and guts and feathers. not exactly super model materal... i can't and wont wear my wig to work.. and the only friends who like me at the end of the day are cats, and dogs he he he. but yes i am full time. one day i will post a picture of me after a long day at work ewww
    oh and guys thanks for the replies ...
    hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    have you or will you change your legal name from your birth name to your male gender name ? and can you deal with the issues that come along with it.
    Thankfully my name is gender neutral. But I do have other potentially legal issues that I am dealing with right now. Hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    It's easier on the look for me (though still quite weak looking). But the voice is a dead giveaway (99% read on the phone, 60% read in person). Sometimes one can blame a deep voice on smoking, whereas even I would question a guy's biological gender if he sounds like me (it has happened before).