Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Male Item

First Male Item

Here's a question for the guys (FtMs):

Do you remember what is the very first male item of clothing that you wore? I started when I was finally old enough to make my own money (about 14), as my parents would never buy them. But I don't really remember what my very first item was . . . although I suspect a tie was involved. How about you guys . . . do you remember?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Ooh fun question

[SIZE="1"]Not sure what counts as the FIRST, but I will recount some style experiences here HAHA:

Well... I can remember this little baseball cap I used to wear when I was like 3... it was red and white and had a little elephant stitched on it (awwwwww!) I used to wear that and make people call me Martin LOL I dunno where that little name sprang from

There is a pic somewhere of me in my "Martin hat" (as mum calls it). I should dig it out and post it for you to have a chuckle at!

I think apart from that I wore quite boyish things anyway.. you know, little kid jeans n stuff.. quite unisex clothes I suppose.

Then when I was a bit older it was just jeans, t shirts, shirts and stuff 'cos I thought Edward Furlong was so cool in T2 and I used to try and dress like him hahaha! .. Not much has changed to be honest teehee! My Dad showed me the film cos it's so awsome even though I wasn't old enough to watch it... how naughty! LOL He also used to let me listen to Guns n' Roses, swear words n all.. but...(this seems to be becoming my catchphrase).. altogether now "that's another story!" LOL

I've always been a rock person and dressed similar to Guns n' Roses... (not that that's always particularly masculine hehe!)
    I went through a major punk stage as well where I used to dress like the Sex Pistols haha! Wow I should post some pics of me with my huge spikey hair (and some of my gnr look) ... Lex would DEFINITELY not be scared to post a pic after seeing me looking so funny!! Watch this space guys
    Oh yeah I also always have a boyish leather jacket (have done since I was about 11) this is very handy for 1) being cool like Arnie (HAHAHAH shut UP)... I even wore it to Planet Hollywood with my T2 t shirt underneath lmao I'm such a geek! 2) Being a rock person 3) Being a motorbike loving person (mmmmm Harleys)... you get the idea![/SIZE]

Some things I have bought that made me feel good and I knew I was buying them specifically to be a boy are... some cool skater jeans from the boys' section of a shop, boxers, some nice shirts and jeans from charity shops, and the infamous purple tie.
    Last edited by pocoyo; 12-10-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Platinum Member
    a baseball cap and a shirt, both of which i still have but the shirt definitely dont fit anymore

Well being gigantic for a female, I had boys clothes off and on just 'cause they were easier to find. The first thing I purchased because it was male was some awesome baggy pants, though I still didn't connect my gender issues then. The first thing I purchased because of gender issues was a guys button up shirt.
    So yeah, pick whichever first you want.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

i cant remember my first boy item tbh

ohh i have to add this because i love them soooooooooooo much i got myself some cowboy boots yesrerday
    Last edited by Adam; 12-10-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    ohh i have to add this because i love them soooooooooooo much i got myself some cowboy boots yesrerday
    i want some, where did you get em bud?? hmmm might look on ebay for some

catolog freemans one

Platinum Member
    catolog freemans one
    bugger ok.....my problem is ive only got childrens sized feet but ive ALWAYS wanted a pair of cowboy boots since i was a kid

what size are you?? they only have 7 plus size in freemans but i will keep a look out for you

Platinum Member
    what size are you?? they only have 7 plus size in freemans but i will keep a look out for you
    UK size 3, yeah have a look around for me!, ive been looking but all the sites ive found have been US sites and im not sure of the sizing differences

*sorry to go off topic guys

When I was a kid I always wore jeans and I can remember as I got to the age when I could choose because I had no hips I used to choose boys jeans. Eventually that stopped cos Mother thought I shouldn't be and it was back to girls jeans even though they were not as comfortable. I got a leather jacket lol that took until I was 16 I felt so butch in it. The second one I got, I was in my twenties, I was even more butch I loved it especially when i had my head shaved When I came out I started wearing mens shirts when I went out and the odd pair of mens trousers, oh and boxers became a big thing. I started wearing mens pjs too. I went through a soft period but since the summer things have sarted creeping back cos I'm findin mens stuff that fits, my boxers are coming into the fore again but mainly for sleeping in. For the last five and a half yrs I've wore mens tee shirts. Think that's all xx Felix

Well ever since I can remember I always wore girls clothes that were cut in the style of mens fashion but, the first item I ever purchased in the mens department was when I was 18. It was a logo t-shirt at Macy's and I still have it and wear it.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Ok well here are some funny pics of me as mentioned in my 1st post in this thread...

Me with Black spikes aged 15 and how it looked when it was flat (in my pyjamas!).
    There's me with pink spikes about aged 15/16 at a festival (the floppy pink hair is when it rained on me!)

If you can't post pics after this Lex... then I don't know what lol!!

[Edit: That's enough of the spikey pics for now! (Job done... Lex posted a pic yaay!)]
    Last edited by pocoyo; 12-11-2006 at 04:49 PM.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Oh yeah and me with my friend when I was 12 or 13:
    (I'm the shorter one.. the one in the Harley Davidson boots).

[Edit: pics have been put away for another day ]
    Last edited by pocoyo; 12-11-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Interesting answers, guys, thanks for sharing. I figured it would be different than the ones the ladies tell about getting into their mom's or sister's underwear drawers, but I didn't know what to expect 'cause I've never asked any guys that before.

Adam, I'm soooooo jealous - I LOVE cowboy boots, but I can't find my size anymore. Like Kieron, my feet are still small, but now my calves have filled in, so I may have to look into custom-made (right after I knock over a bank). Enjoy!

Poc, no way, man! I can't believe that's you! You really have different looks - I'll bet you're never boring. Thanks for that. I have no excuse now . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Since there were always gender neutral clothing while growing up... let me say the first one that "crosses the line" (hence mostly not worn) was a pair of men's dress shoes. If shoes don't count, then it's a men's business shirt (mostly hidden).

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Since there were always gender neutral clothing while growing up... let me say the first one that "crosses the line" (hence mostly not worn) was a pair of men's dress shoes. If shoes don't count, then it's a men's business shirt (mostly hidden).
    Yeah, shoes count - everything counts! Thanks, Gabriel. It's funny how a lot of us seem to have started with gender-neutral, I think that made it easier to have people start accepting it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Poc, no way, man! I can't believe that's you! You really have different looks - I'll bet you're never boring. Thanks for that. I have no excuse now . . .
    Hehehe!

Squeee (very gay squeal), you just admitted.. in public... that you have no excuse now muahahaha!!

Hi again Lex!
    I was just kidding btw.... please don't feel pressured into posting a pic if you don't feel quite right doing it.
    I know that I and the other guys wouldn't even mind if we had to wait months to see you... just as long as we got to see you eventually! hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    Hi again Lex!
    I was just kidding btw.... please don't feel pressured into posting a pic if you don't feel quite right doing it.
    I know that I and the other guys wouldn't even mind if we had to wait months to see you... just as long as we got to see you eventually! hehe.
    Now you tell me . . . Not a current pic, but I did put an old one in the "Pics" thread to satisfy your interest a bit until I do get a current one.

I saw I saw I saw and commented and now I'm all hyperactive wheeeee!!!
    AWESOME!

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    I have nooo idea what my first item was. I dressed in boy clothes all my life (like bi_weird for the larger sizes). The first thing I felt really proud of were some boxershorts some weeks ago. Made me nervous when I had to pay. Now I wear them every day, just secretly. But I makes me feel so much better.

I hope you don't mind me for saying it Poco, but I would really have a crush on a girl like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Evert View Post
    I hope you don't mind me for saying it Poco, but I would really have a crush on a girl like you.
    In what pic??! LOL

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    Oh god I've got him scared!

Erm when you are wearing the Harley Boots.

Haahaha!
    Thanks... I think