Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Story of DanaJ (sorta long)

The Story of DanaJ (sorta long)

A few people have asked me where I have met all these GGs that like to do makeovers on me, so I thought I could combine it with my backstory. I don't think I have ever just put this into words before.... hope it doesn't bore everyone
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have had an interest in CDing since I was around age 12, but I never really acted on it. I knew that I wanted to, but everything I had ever heard said it was wrong. Fast forward to my 20's and 30's. I dated a lot, almost was married a couple of times, but never tied the knot. I tried through tricks or manipulation to get various GFs to dress me up, but that never really worked. In hindsight, I now know I should have just come out with it, but I didn't.

When I turned 42, I realized that I wasn't getting any younger (or smaller LOL), and life was passing me by. I decided I was going to do some CDing finally! One problem was, I found that whenever I tried to dress or makeup myself, I felt really weird. I knew there was nothing wrong with it, but I just couldn't do it to myself and enjoy it.

So, I finally shaved off my mustache I had since I was 21, and sought out a few GG friends of mine, and asked them to help. Almost to a girl, they did not want to help. Oh - one or two would put a little makeup on me, but they would do it so half-heartedly that I looked terrible. Still, I kept trying. I met and dated a hairdresser a few years ago, and on our first date we talked very openly. She told me of some of her kinky ideas, and I told her I was a wannabe CDer, and that maybe she could help? Well, she was totally turned off by the idea. We dated for almost a year, and my want for CDing came up several times, and when we finally broke up, she used that for the reason even though I had done no CDing around her.

Well, I had been going to a local spa and getting massages every 2 weeks or so. Shortly after my last break-up, I overheard the owner mention to someone that she was thinking about having a webpage made for her spa/salon. Since I do that as a hobby, I offered my services and for payment we worked out a trade agreement.

A few weeks after I finished their webpage, I asked the owner to set me up for something different than my usual massages. That is when I got my very first manicure, pedicure and facial. These were all male services also, but on the edge of feminine. I absolutely loved them! Then, the big event happened!

It was early October, so in a spur-of-the-moment decision, I told the owner that I was thinking of going to a Halloween party in drag, and could she maybe help me? Well - before I knew it, she had called in several of the girls that worked there and told them. I was soon surrounded by beauty professionals who were discussing what to do with me. One grabbed my hands and said "he will need a set of nails, so schedule him with me". Another took my chin in her hand and turned my face this way and that, and said that she thought with the proper makeup she could make me beautiful. Meanwhile, another girl was pulling up my pants leg and telling me that the hair on my legs would have to go! I was overcome with emotion, and I was determined to not chicken out.

A few weeks later, I was waxed from head to toe (bikini area and underarms too - ouch!), my brows were waxed and shaped for the first time (but not the last), a set of acrylic nails were applied, pedicure, makeover, wig styling - the works! They even helped me get dressed and then, after the salon had closed, several stayed and gave me "girl lessons". I was taught how to walk, how to stand, sit, hold my hands, everything! This was the very first time I had ever gotten all done up, the works, nothing male at all left on me - I didn't recognize myself at all! Wow - it was so fantastic and will remain one of my favorite memories of my life. I left and went home, which was also the first time I had ever been out in public dressed, even if it was only to drive home. I made sure to document the whole thing, so I got hundreds of photos along the way of my first big makeover. And this is where they gave me the name Dana

Part 2 next

DanaJ

Part 2

OK, here is Part 2 - if you have made it through the long first part, thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Of course, all good things must come to an end. About a month after Halloween, I found out something that ended my relationship with that salon (a very long story itself), and we parted ways. Within three months, many of the girls that worked there that I had become friends with also left. I continued to see the nail tech that used to do my manicures/pedicures, and she soon got a new job at a small salon. Once, when I was there, her new boss walked by when she was polishing my toes, and made a comment like "nice color". After I left, she asked my nail tech friend about it, and she told the salon owner all about my big makeover. The next time I was in, the salon owner asked me if she could do a makeover on me, because she always had wanted to try transforming a guy! I jumped at the chance, and since then we have done about 15 makeovers, about one per month. There was also a Mary Kay lady that loved to do makeovers, and I was the first guy she did. She had so much fun and was so shocked at the change in my appearance, that we ended up doing about 16 or so makeovers.

Another girl who worked at the first salon was the esthetician (facials and body treayments) there. She helped on the big first makeover I got, and had contacted me saying she would be glad to help if I ever wanted another one. So far, she has done about 5 makeovers on me. Even the nail tech has gotten in on the act, and has done a few makeovers on me herself. The cool thing is, when I get a makeover and show the pix around, the other girls get all enthused and then want to do one themselves!

The nail tech I used for the last couple of years got another job in a new salon, and it got really hard to get appointments with her, plus I just didn't feel comfortable there. Last September, I was very lucky to find a nail tech that worked out of her home, and we hit it off so well that I told her at our first appointment that I was a part-time CDer, and could she treat me as one of her female clients. She had no problem with that, and at the second appointment put a set of gel nails on me and every since I see her every Friday evening, where she does a fill on my nails every two weeks and always polishes fingers and toes.

I still have a mental block when it comes to dressing or making myself up, but I just love to get pampered during these makeovers. I still haven't ventured out in public but once or twice, but I may come around eventually. Even though I love being a guy, I also love having my toes polished 24/7, having nice nails and the girls make sure my brows are always kept waxed and shaped. I have only been really CDing for the last 4 years, and I am having fun!

So there you have it. Sorry for being so long-winded, but there it is.... it took a big leap of courage to finally start acting on these long-surpressed desires - I only wish I had started earlier.

DanaJ

Great story, Dana!

I enjoyed reading it - thank you for sharing.

Jadeanne

Tristen Cox

Thumbs up

Wow Dana! That's quite a story. Well worth the wait as well. My eyes are a bit sore but definitly worth the read. Your pretty lucky to have so many girls pampering you like that. Yes I am envious, but any one here couldn't blame me for that. What can I say... YOU GO GIRL!

Love ya
    Tristen

Wow Dana, what a story. I would love to have had those girls do a makeover on me. What a rush that must have been. Bet you are glad you have a pictorial to remember it by. (not that you'll ever erase that image out of your mind anyway, right?)

Thanks for being so willing to share your story with all of us.

Love,
    Christine Renee

It's a terrific story Dana! Thanks for sharing it.
    Now, if I could just manage to get up the same amount of nerve you have demonstrated.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Thank you Dana. What an experience!
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

Still Learning

Dana

Dana: A very excellent and well written story.
    It takes a lot of insight and courage, plus an artistic sense that brought you where you are today.
    Like yourself, I wish I had started earlier as well.

Speaking personally, I am glad you are here today.
    It gave me the opportunity to meet a fine and decent individual as yourself.

I am confident I speak for most if not all of us here.
    [size=4]*Marlene*[/size]

It is better to be "immortal" than "mortal"

Thanks Dana

I'll second what Marlene and all the other girls said. Very nice story, and not all that long. It just seemed that way when you were writing it. I too wish I had started when I was younger, and hope someday to muster up the courage to find a good and discreet makover salon. Huge Huggs to you, Bonnie
    Lord, the money we do spend on government, and it's not one bit better than the government we got for 1/3 the price 20 years ago. Will Rogers, 1879-1935

About time you told us those cool secrets

Thanks for sharing.
    DonnaT

what I found significant was that most of the girls that Dana interfaced with in the early days were put off by the idea of CDing.

I could never imagine being so lucky as to find an enthusiastic girl (or even a tolerant one) which is why I have never broached the subject with any girlfriends or spouses.

Dana, you sure are a lucky lady. Just one personal question - can you go through all that (including bikini waxing) without your 'enthusiasm boiling over'? I know I couldn't.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Great story Dana. I see why you always have pretty nails now. I would like to get up the nerve to get a makeover and go out. My sister sells Mary Kay and she had done me up a couple times and showed me how to put on make up, but I could never go out for I don't pass very good.

Rikki

Thanks everyone for the nice comments I did cut out some details to shorten the story a bit, I wasn't sure how long to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    what I found significant was that most of the girls that Dana interfaced with in the early days were put off by the idea of CDing.

I could never imagine being so lucky as to find an enthusiastic girl (or even a tolerant one) which is why I have never broached the subject with any girlfriends or spouses.

Dana, you sure are a lucky lady. Just one personal question - can you go through all that (including bikini waxing) without your 'enthusiasm boiling over'? I know I couldn't.
    Yes, my experiences are that GGs are mostly very turned off by CDers, or even guys who want to just try one time to get dressed up. Oh, they think it is funny if you try to walk in their heels, or play around with a dress, as long as you camp it up a lot. But as soon as you start to look like you enjoy it, or want to take it further - then forget it. Sorry to sound negative, but those are my personal experiences.

Funny story - my last serious GF, who is a hairdresser and beautician, told me that I would NEVER look like a girl, no matter what was done because I just didn't have the right features. She said there was no reason for her to even try, it would do no good. Of course I was very discouraged - but I didn't quit trying. I would LOVE to send her some of my recent photos now

...and Crispy, as far as the waxing - they threw a little surprise at me there! They didn't want to do all the waxing at once, and I thought they were only going to do my legs. The waxing started at my feet, then they worked up to my thighs, and the next thing I knew, they asked me to pull my stuff aside for them and hold it while they put the wax on They were having a ball, two of the girls were giving me the whole "see what we have to go through" speech. I did maintain, mainly because it HURT! I even have pix of all my waxing too ......

DanaJ

Thumbs up sorta lovely

Dearest Dana

Not sorta long at all
    Definitely a
    Very lovely story
    Inspiring
    and so nice to read

Love
    Laura
    XXXXXXXX
    If I had been born a Girl I would not have wanted to be a boy

A Great Story!

DanaJ,
    Your story missed my radar the first time. I am hoping that maybe others who missed it will take another look and see what a wonderful personal transformation you have taken steps to achieve. Not just the womanly look, but the confidence to ask for and get what you need. Very inspirational. Worth every word.

Lauren

Dana I loved your story, I've always wanted a professional makeover, maybe one day......

Lindahexi

Dana, do you borrow the outfits you're wearing in your pics? If you shop for them yourself, that's a side of you we haven't explored yet!

Quote Originally Posted by sherribicd
    Dana, do you borrow the outfits you're wearing in your pics? If you shop for them yourself, that's a side of you we haven't explored yet!
    Everything in my photos I have bought myself, all on the internet. I like shopping on the internet because there is a much larger variety of sizes and styles. Sometimes stuff doesn't fit exactly, but I have learned to live with that

I am so clueless when it comes to women's fashions, so I just do a scatter approach when I buy, a little of this and a little of that, and hopefully something will match

DanaJ

Amelie
    I also missed this story the first time round. Dana, what a lucky girl you are. Although from what I read, it seems you like the pampering as much as the Cding. Still it was a lovely story.

I know it is difficult for Cds to find willing Ggs for their dressing. This is where being a goth/punk comes in handy. Goth ggs are more open-minded. I have had a few Goth Ggs help me with my make-up, and in exchange I would sew the Ggs a skirt or top. It all depends who your GGs friends are, mine are goths they have no hang-ups about men in fem clothes.

Amelie
    Maude, there are no age limits to being goth. Goths come in all ages, races and sizes. If you ever see some pics from the Whitby goth festival, there you will see all ages of goths attending. Ok , some of the goth web sites are over run with young people, but there are quite a few older goths. I am not all that young myself. Goths tend to have less hang-ups than most people.

Nice to see you again, Maude
    Love Amelie

Post Great post

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    .... hope it doesn't bore everyone
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you kidding? Nice post Dana.
    I love posts like this, I love to hear about the experiences of all you girls.

Keep it coming I say.

Love to all
    Jennifer

Soooo Cool Dana.

What an awsome story Dana, I couldn't put the book Down? LOL

We all have a story that makes us who we are and how we are where we are. Sounds like a lot of fun, I hope that one day I have the same good experiances with my wife.

Dana, I don't see why you don't go out more often with those looks. I understand why, but don't SEE why.

Most interesting. I am curious about your statement about GGs enjoying the Cd thing as long as they know (think) you are just playing around.

Interesting though. A woman friend was talking about her nails (at her place, we'd had a few drinks etc) and she said she had this new clear nail stuff that was really good...next thing I know she is sitting on the arm of the sofa doing my little finger as an example. I was speechless. (well a little blush coloured maybe too, I was enjoying it) She only did the one finger but I kept it for 3 days before wiping it off. But it was so nice to be sort of mentally cuddled, just because she was painting my nail.

Ain't it stoopid

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Albany
    Dana, I don't see why you don't go out more often with those looks. I understand why, but don't SEE why.
    I think we should kidnap him. A forced outing is just what he needs.

Great Story

Thanks for sharing. I flew by this the first few times. I'm glad I came back. With every story I read here, I'm more readily able to see the hints and how to listen better for oppritunities.
    It occurs to me that the young oriental lady who does my manicur, pedicures, and eyebrow waxing is suggesting that I go further. So when I get the wife on board for this I think I'll approach the subject.

Thanks again