Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk Sex With Sue Johanson

Trouble On Wheels Francesca Chantel's Avatar

Thumbs down Talk Sex With Sue Johanson

My wife and I watched Talk Sex With Sue last night and a caller asked her about the difference between transgendered, transvestites and crossdressers. Sue answered the cross dressing question by saying that it's just for sexual arousal. And that some men wear sexy lingerie under their clothes to justify their fetish and other crossdressers go all out with long gowns and wigs and make up.

I was infuriated by her complete ignorance. As far as she is concerned that there are only two types of crossdressers: Closet x-dressers and drag queens.

I, myself, would say I am neither because I'm not hiding in the closet, nor and I a drag queen of which many seem to be gay.

Thoughts?

'Talk shows' are exercises in reductionism, feeding audiences with what they already believe (usually little to nothing), simply adding loud sensationalism. Don't get mad, just turn it off.

And, if [any of us] can find the power within ourselves, get dressed and go out into the community so 'real' people can meet a 'real' CD and get their thoughts rearranged.

Once man, always woman. Sharon_Rose's Avatar

I think there is a third category....the patient.

While I agree with your comments about what was said, I do believe that there is a third category...the patient. There will be a time when I can dress as who I am. That time comes and goes. I am not a closet person nor am I a drag queen. I have no desire to suffer anguish in the closet, nor do I have the desire to a queen. I prefer to be a lady...one who waits patiently for the opportunity and makes the most of it.

:be: Sharon Rose

I would say that Sue Johanson doesn't know what she is talking about. Makes you wonder what her qualifications are to be advising people, doesn't it?
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

We had a discussion about Dr. Phil a while back, concerning his narrow minded views on this. People believe these so called "experts" and their blanket observations on things. It's obvious they have not spent any amount of time with the actual people. They may have "credentials" but in all reality, they don't have a "clue". Why bother finding out yourself when this info is doled out by "professionals" especially popular ones? Makes it more convenient for the general public to deal with things,or so they think. EKR

is in her vest
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesca Chantel View Post
    Sue answered the cross dressing question by saying that it's just for sexual arousal.
    Thoughts?
    Cool...so I'm not a crossdresser then.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

So who's volunteering to go on Dr. Phil and put things right?
    Last edited by marie354; 12-11-2006 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typos typos always typos

I agree, there are very few crossdressers out there that do it for sexual pleasure. I like to think of myself as a glamaholic anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jane View Post
    Cool...so I'm not a crossdresser then.
    Perfect answer, Jane. Love it!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm guessing she's not involved in the TG community so she can only speak from perception or from personal experience. Obviously she hasn't met many of us
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-12-2006 at 10:22 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Just so people get a better idea, Sue Johanson is a nurse who started her career giving practical sexual advice to colleges and high schools and helping with sex education in the Canadian school system. For kids who are rasied in homes where ANY sex is considered HORRIBLE Sue was a light in the tunnel.

No, she has almost no expertise in TG issues. My hubby and I used to watch her show ages ago and I saw her knowledge on tg issues was very limited.

Also, just so this is clarified, this is NOT a talk show. This is a call in show where people call her to ask questions.

Honeslty if anyone watches the show for any period of time you will see the same sort of questions come up a hundred times over....why doesn't my girlfriend have an orgasm while we have sex? Can I get pregnant from digesting sperm? The things that usually get brought up are almost *juvinille* in their cuteness. Think more in lines of questions jr high/high school/college students think about. On the occasion where something is not easily answered by black or white answers....well Sue might not give great advice.

Like I said, she is a nurse. She is NOT a Phd or any practicing Dr. She is first and foremost a *sex educator* She can tell you how to properly roll a condom on your willy....but to get her to explain *tg* issues...well having high expections is just not gonna happen.

still frustrating tho..

if lots of people watch and she has any credibility it makes cd'ers seem like something they are not

very sad

:blushing: Funny, I thought I was transgendered/transvestite, but I don't dress for sex, in fact, just the OPPOSITE!:blushing:

I have never heard of this lady

ITs just a shame that she and others don't bother to educate themselves before giving out advice on issues they dont understand properly

Even worse when its television as it will only cause more predjuice
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

i would go on dr phil show but thay might kick me off as i say what i mean and mean what i say

After having watched the show before I feel what you are getting when you call in to Sue is her opinion. Not fact but her opinion. My opinion is I cant stand her.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

I have seen this shoe before and honestly this lady is a bit of a moron. I think she has good intentions but not the knowledge required to teach these sort of things.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

cdjenny

i am

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    So who's volunteering to go on Dr. Phil and put things right?
    i will do it...i will..pick me..pick me...o pick me..

i got a few bones too pick with him anyway..my wife belives everything he says.and she trys to imply it in our home...make for a long day..lol
    Living is not in how many breaths we take, but in how many moments take our
    breath away.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

cdjenny

????????/

Quote Originally Posted by dods460 View Post
    I agree, I like to think of myself as a glamaholic anyway
    ok but i like to think of my self as a dressaholic
    Living is not in how many breaths we take, but in how many moments take our
    breath away.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanygirl View Post
    :blushing: Funny, I thought I was transgendered/transvestite, but I don't dress for sex, in fact, just the OPPOSITE!:blushing:
    Wow, Bethany, now that's a refreshing difference. I like your thinking Hon. Ericka Kay

Mouthy Joy

One thing I have learned about so called experts. They all have an

answer for everything. Even if they know nothing about it at all.

Hey I think I just made up another quote.

Experts

I think the real "experts" on CDing are the members of this Forum, Joy. The only way to truely know it is to "live it", right? Ericka

We carry the flag. When we're out we need to be respectable and ladylike. The more this happens the more the stereotype will diminish.

Banned Read only
    Unfortunately closed minded, ingnorant people don't carry signs. Hmmm, another good law that should be passed.

Lets hope Sue's sex talk next week isn't titled sex and mental illness, probably another one to tell ya to go take your meds.
    Last edited by Beckii_aCDInOz; 12-12-2006 at 06:58 AM.

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar

experts !

Ladies

do remember when discussing the opinions of 'experts' that :

an EX is a has-been, and

a SPURT is a drip under pressure

Rachel Newark
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !