Thread: Love

Love

A thought for TGs and SOs when trying to come to grips with our needs and our relationships:

1 Corinthians

13:4 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up.

13:5 It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful.

13:6 It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth.

13:7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

13:8 Love never ends.

Just a thought not a sermon.
    DonnaT

Good words.

Somehow unconditional love is unconditional, except for, I don't like the way you .... and I want you to change ... etc.

A relationship works well when both partners love and support each other as they are, not as they would like them to be. At least that's what I hope my wife and I are doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tristen Cox
    Donna and Bernadina I'll second you both. Those are good words to live by

Love
    Tristen

Love means never having to say you are sorry but being big enough to say it when it nas to be said.
    I have another thing on a sucessful relationship is to make you SO your best friend, Friends may disagree but always remain best friends.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by tristen
    Donna and Bernadina I'll second you both. Those are good words to live by

Love
    Tristen
    Yes Mummy let me second your words

Donna and Bernadina lovely thoughts now let us all try to live by them

Love
    Laura
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    If I had been born a Girl I would not have wanted to be a boy

irish7
    Some words that have been VERY helpful to me.....

The 4 Essential Ingredients of a Loving Relationship
    by Mohandus K. Gahdhi
    ( While a loving relationship has many different essentials, if it does not have these, it is not loving.)

Resepct
    Acceptance
    Attention
    Appreciation

My kids are two people who can always count on hearing the truth from me, at least to the extent that I know what the truth is. Unfortunately, I cannot honestly say to them that they can look forward to entering into a serious relationship with the confidence that it will last. We live in difficult, selfish, fickle times, and we have the divorce rate to prove it.

But I do know one thing — the scripture Donna quotes charts the way to living without regrets.

To quote a line from Tuesdays With Morrie, "Forgive everybody everything, right now."

Donna,

Thanks for the words and the reminder. Alot of people take this particular scripture out of context and try to apply it to a husband/wife relationship only. The Bible talks about more kinds of love that just the romantic type. G d's love covers ALL of us.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]