Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transgendered vs. Transvestite

Transgendered vs. Transvestite

Girls.... If i may, i am a Transgendered woman, I was born with the equipment of a male (yuk), but everything else is totally female. I walk like a woman often talk like a woman, and always think like a woman.
    Now, Transvestite. If i am not mistaken is a person who dresses up like like we do, but only dresses up for sexual gratification.
    No i am not a transvestite i am transgendered. There is a major difference. Being just a crossdresser is a major part all in it's own little folder. A Crossdresser is a male who like to wear womens clothing for the enjoyment and the feeling that he derives from the clothing and the way he feels in the clothing. 90% of crossdressers are heterosexual, T-girls are normally gay but not always. and Transvestites are mostly gay.
    I am a T-girl and i am gay.

Huggs to you all
    Kathrynn

TV vs TS

Hi Kate, In my case, no, no and no. I've gotten in touch with myself by CDing and it has given me an overall appreciation of myself and others. I don't "class" myself as anything, really. I don't want to transition, I enjoy my male aspects too much. I do, however need to express my feelings as Ericka, so I dress the part. I'm doing an experiment since I've recently semi-retired. I've been Ericka for the most part the last week or so, This will give me an idea if I could really do that full time. I'm just myself though and what you see is pretty much what you get.

Gold Member
    I'm just a guy in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathrynn View Post
    Girls.... If i may, i am a Transgendered woman, I was born with the equipment of a male (yuk), but everything else is totally female. I walk like a woman often talk like a woman, and always think like a woman.
    Now, Transvestite. If i am not mistaken is a person who dresses up like like we do, but only dresses up for sexual gratification.
    No i am not a transvestite i am transgendered. There is a major difference. Being just a crossdresser is a major part all in it's own little folder. A Crossdresser is a male who like to wear womens clothing for the enjoyment and the feeling that he derives from the clothing and the way he feels in the clothing. 90% of crossdressers are heterosexual, T-girls are normally gay but not always. and Transvestites are mostly gay.
    I am a T-girl and i am gay.

Huggs to you all
    Kathrynn
    Well, I think one of the big mistakes in this whole discussion is to confuse sexual orientation and gender. These are different things. You can't and should not define gender issues by the sexual orientation. Both come in every possible combination.
    (If we could make this clear, that would probably a good step towards acceptance.)

If someone dresses only for sexual reasons, that is usually called transvestic fetishism, but not transvestism.
    Transgendered usually is used as a genus to cover everyone with gender issues.
    Transsexual for those who feel that they were born in the worng body.
    In a somewhat more narrow defintion, transexuals are those who plan to or actually transition.
    Crossdresser (= Transvestites) usually don't have the intention to transition.
    But there is a whole bunch of people that actually feel more as transsexuals without planing to transition.
    Transgenderd come in all colors and shades and one shouldn't stick too much to some definitions of terms. We are individuals finally and not labels or categories.

I'd label myself as CD, but merely to respect those that make the big step of transitioning ( not my intention right now), though I am feeling sometimes more related to them as to my fellow CDers.
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-13-2006 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    I'm just a guy in a dress.
    Yeah a guy in a red suit and beard. Got panties on under that suit Santy? We already know the reindeer are CD's anyway. What else goes on up at the "Pole"? Does Mrs. Claus approve? Anyway those elves were always kind of "iffy" to me with those outfits. EKR

Banned Read only
    i am a Transgendered woman, I was born with the equipment of a male (yuk), but everything else is totally female.
    Hi Kathrynn,

I appreciated you enlightening me to your status & sharing what the current topic means to you.

May I ask if you intend to move with SRS or are you going to keep Mr Yuk?

hugs

x

beckii

I've spent a few hours "researching" this topic. I've gone through various threads here (and there are numerous) that address this subject. I've read articles and asked people questions to try and get a definite answer.
    But there isn't any.
    Some CD are gay but not all gays are CD nor all CDs are gay.
    Some TS are transvestites are TS, but not all transvestites are TS,...
    you get the idea.
    I really am coming to the opinion that these are in the truest sense of the word, "labels."
    And just like a "Made in China" label can be ripped off and replaced with a "Made in USA" label, such applies here.
    Nothing is permanent or definitive about what we are involved in.
    What do the terms mean to you. That's what's important. That's how you define yourself.
    If you think you're a crossdresser and someone else thinks you're a transvestite, you both may be right. If you compare the definitions you set up in your mind, you may be saying the same thing but with different words.
    A teacher and a police officer can look at the same roomful of children and see different things. But they are still children.

Smile Both

[SIZE="3"]I am a transvestite and transgender. After I admitted to myself about the former, the latter was a natural fit for me personally.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I've never seen any sexual orientation implied by the term T-girl before, rather it's been used as an all-inclusive term for any FTM person.

One of the problems with all these various terms is that so many of us interpret them differently, confuses us as well as the non-TG public.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

T-girls are normally gay but not always. and Transvestites are mostly gay.
    And you aquired this information from where?? You will find the majority of T-girls and TV/CDs on this forum are not gay at all, some are bi, some are straight, but the minorty you will find are gay. So wherever you aquired this information, it is incorrect and I'm sure the majority here will agree with that.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    And you aquired this information from where?? You will find the majority of T-girls and TV/CDs on this forum are not gay at all, some are bi, some are straight, but the minorty you will find are gay. So wherever you aquired this information, it is incorrect and I'm sure the majority here will agree with that.
    Aw, that's all right Tam. I'm just a "bloody trannie" anyway(more or less). I'm used to being called everything in the "book". I gotta put my big girl (insert "P" word)on and deal with it. That's all. Ericka Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I've never seen any sexual orientation implied by the term T-girl before, rather it's been used as an all-inclusive term for any FTM person.
    Sorry to interrupt . . . I think you mean MtF, not FtM.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I think it is fine if girls want to call themselved transvestites. But remember this is also a prejoritive in many people's mine. I just prefer t girl.

I am not trying to defraud anyone here, but I prefer, Mrs., Miss, lady, woman, girl, and if I have to, babe, honey, sweetie, gal, broad, or even in a pinch, Bi*ch. No other labels would be fine with me, but if you gotta label me by societies labels, then I suppose I prefer transgendered, it is androgenous enough to serve without unwanted connotations.

trying to figure it out, I am.

I am a crossdresser. That is for sure!
    I am not gay, but I enjoy teasing the guys, and getting hit on.
    Some guys, and crossdressers, beleive that I am gay because of my dressing and teasing. When I tell them I am not interested, it seems to hurt or worse makes them angry. The worst case is that I am being stalked by a guy that "has to have me"! (yuk!)

I am thinking that I am going to cross-crossdress, to avoid him! lol

I know that I am a crossdresser, and that I am on a journey to learn and have fun at the same time. This journey might take me thru the door into other classifications, such as being attracted to males, but for now I am enjoying dressing and learning to be feminine.

Have fun out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    Does Mrs. Claus approve?
    From what the tabloids are saying right now, Mrs. Claus has had it with doing all the cooking, cleaning and never getting the photo ops.

She's transitioning - and, next year, getta load of the new Santa.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Crossdresser is fine by me; so is transgender. If I was in the UK, I guess I'd be a "transvestite."
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Wink No Big Deal

Whatever you label yourself 'Does it matter'?? It's whatever fuels your rockets I would say, each to their own..

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    From what the tabloids are saying right now, Mrs. Claus has had it with doing all the cooking, cleaning and never getting the photo ops.

She's transitioning - and, next year, getta load of the new Santa.
    Okay then. Well, there's our point man--er woman! Ericka Kay

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    This is all so confusing...I think I'll just go back to what the wife called me...PERVERT. (giggle giggle)

Emily Ann

Banned Read only

It would help...

It sure would help if this forum established some standard definitions. That would surely help discussions. In my case I often wonder what to call myself when it matters, like when I am calling a spa for the first time. Once, getting one of my first makeovers, and when I had asked specifically for a female operator, all of the male stylists (gay) made a play for me. I was very uncomfortable.
    I am calling myself an casual straight crossdresser now. I feel no desire to dress every day, but the occasional romp enfemme is a very sexual experience as well as just great fun. Just because I dress up as a woman, that does not mean that I want to be with men, quite the opposite. I must be some kind of closet lesbian....But people assume: a - crossdresser=gay, crossdresser=pervert=pedophile...and worse.

Oh the definitions are here if people care to look and read.

I consider everyone who crossdresses to be transgendered to some degree. If we werent we wouldnt Xdress would we?

Still it is the same old same old. Labels dont mean a thing except to put oneself in a box for some sort of point of reference. I'll stay out of the box thank you.

The other thing that perplexes me is this notion that gender and sexuality are linked. When people in our own community cant get it right, how are we supposed to get the message out?

Oh well.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Sorry to interrupt . . . I think you mean MtF, not FtM.
    Sheesh, yes that was what I meant, thanks for the correction, Lex. I'm a bit dyslexic, and usually triple-check my postings to catch stuff like that, obviously didn't catch it that time!

Dyslexics, untie! (Sorry, corny old dyslexic joke).

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Personally I don't care about the labels.... I am me, I do what I enjoy doing. I hurt no one and I am productive in the community... I am sometimes dressed as a guy and other times dressed as a girl...and nobody cares,....least me.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy View Post
    Personally I don't care about the labels.... I am me, I do what I enjoy doing. I hurt no one and I am productive in the community... I am sometimes dressed as a guy and other times dressed as a girl...and nobody cares,....least me.
    Well, I for one care Suzy. You are you and that's what counts for me. Ericka Kay