Thread: little red bumps

April25

little red bumps

Just wanting to see if anyone has an answer for those little red bumps. When I shave my chest I get the little red bumps. Is there a way to get rid of those or make them not be as irritated? Or am I the only one? I would wax but I’m to scared to try.

It's bigger on the inside alba68's Avatar
    Hi April. I get those too. Would like to know myself.
    Take care.
    [size=5]Alba.[/size]
    I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to!

Tristen Cox
    Waxing leaves the same on me and usually hurts more than just shaving ( but lasts longer). Have you tried aloe? It's a natural rash and irritation cure. Just a suggestion.

Love
    Tristen

Unhappy Bumps

I find the cheapest product around seems to work rather well. Witch Hazel cost about 50 cents a bottle. Clear and non staining use cotton to put on. Worth a try if you haven't yet. You can buy it everywhere, Walmart all drug stores, grocery stores ect.
    Danielle

April25
    Thanks ill try both those out.

Quote Originally Posted by April25
    Just wanting to see if anyone has an answer for those little red bumps. When I shave my chest I get the little red bumps. Is there a way to get rid of those or make them not be as irritated? Or am I the only one? I would wax but I’m to scared to try.
    Yes...get Tend Skin. A stylist at my salon put me on to this...really helps with red bumps and ingrown hairs and irritation caused by shaving. Here is the link: www.tendskin.com.

Love,
    Christine Renee

Red bumps

Hi girls, I use a product from www.blissworld.com It is made for the red bumps (i.e ingrown hairs). I know its not cheap but you get a lot of product for your money. The trick it to moisturize you chest every day and night with a good lotion to help cut down those bumps. I only use the Bliss pads very sparingly. I bought it months ago and still have 3/4 left. I have been shaving my chest and " other" areas for years. I use Aveeno lotion which helps retard hair growth. I also tan regularly which seems to help. I am not sure why but I see a difference when I dont tan. Hope the info helps.

I used to get red bumps all the time but no more. The shaving cream I use contains aloe vera. I apply a thick layer and then leave it on the skin for a couple of minutes then shave with a new blade, then moisturize afterwards.

For legs, i found that the trouser material would catch the stubble and cause red bumps everywhere. The simple solution if you can get away with it is to wear flesh colored tights - guaranted to stop those red bumps in their tracks.

That's interesting - I have the same issue. Witch hazel, now that's something to try...
    XOXO,

Racheal

It seems to me that something like that happened to me years ago when I first started shaving my body. As I recall, it just went away with time, but a moisterizer may help.
    Kisses, Linda

I recently shaved my legs for the first (and probably last) time ever, Between using a loofah and some "No Bump" lotion, I did not have any red bumps or ingrown hairs.

DanaJ

Platinum Member
    oh sorry i thought you said little red pumps.................

Quote Originally Posted by wendy me
    oh sorry i thought you said little red pumps.................

Wendy

So funny my side hurts, love the humour

April Mummy and all

I used to get these Bumps (wndy babe not talking about shoes here) when i first started to shave. I used the juice/sap/extract from a live Vera plant to ease the irritation. I understand that the red bumps are in fcat bllod just below the hair folical. In my case and all others that i know the stopped appearing after a shortwhile.In My case it is possible that the hormones i used caused a build up of female fat under my skin with the result that they could not be seen. However many other cd's that i ma friends with who do not use hormones (they are not transitioning) also noticed the red spots dissapearance after a few months.

Hope this helps

Love
    Laura
    XXXXXXX
    If I had been born a Girl I would not have wanted to be a boy

Aloe Vera!

I had a red bump rash on my legs after shaving for the first time, but I also have trouble with dust which sets off an irritation even with hairy legs. The base of the hairs get red and itchy where it rubs on my jeans. So then I read what Laura B said about the Aloe cactus and I went out and bought some Aloe Vera moisturiser from Boots, (It's about £3.00 a gallon!) And it WORKS! Rash went away, legs all nice and smooth. So thanks Laura B!

It isn't so good as a face moisturiser because it makes your face feel clammy, but for legs and chest, worth a try for sure.

And it has cucumber in it too so if you are ever cast adrift you can eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    I had a red bump rash on my legs after shaving for the first time, but I also have trouble with dust which sets off an irritation even with hairy legs. The base of the hairs get red and itchy where it rubs on my jeans. So then I read what Laura B said about the Aloe cactus and I went out and bought some Aloe Vera moisturiser from Boots, (It's about £3.00 a gallon!) And it WORKS! Rash went away, legs all nice and smooth. So thanks Laura B!

It isn't so good as a face moisturiser because it makes your face feel clammy, but for legs and chest, worth a try for sure.

And it has cucumber in it too so if you are ever cast adrift you can eat it.
    Glad you found good old Vera useful

Julie next time you pass M & S or a plant nursery buy a Aloe Vera plant. To use it just cut a outerr leak as close to the base as possible and spread the sap over the infected/afflicted area. It works instantly and over the course of a few years it will cost hardly anything at all.

The plant will need regular pruning (even if there is not a need for the sap) and feediong with cactus fertiliser. keep it watererd but not over so. It is a cactus and will wilt if too wet. You will notice small shoots coming off the sides and sometimes from the crown. Once theses get to about the thickness of one's little finger they can be removed and potted for more Vera's in the house.

A friend of mine freezes any prunings just in case she needs the sap when the leaves are too small.

Love
    Laura
    XXXXXX
    If I had been born a Girl I would not have wanted to be a boy

StephanieCD
    The bumps are the bain of my existence.

I've been shaving from the waist fown for a couple of weeks now and they just won't go away. I've been trying cocoa butter for 3 days and still nothing. I'm getting better at the technique I think but my skin's gotta get used to it - I hope. I think I'm going to pick up the witch hazel and the aloe... go all earth mother on yall And... the logic behind wearing nylons under my pants seems to work but - I'd be way too distracted to function at my job!!

Hell, I'd rub gopher shit on them if it'd work, though.