Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $$$$

$$$$

I firmly believe that hobbies in general can be pretty expensive. Whether it's golfing or skiing or biking. Dressing is my money pit. I don't know the grand total of what I have spent over the years but I'd hate to know. I personally, am in the closet and live my life as a guy. Two different wardrobes has been pretty pricey.

Who else spends a small fortune on this? How much do you think you have spent? And how do you compensate for all the extra this is costing you?

My wife is a partner in a law firm and I can usually get her to buy whatever I want, (by making her think she wants it for me). How do I pay for it? Well, I could say by being a housewife, mother and homeschool teacher for our kids, but thats not really true. Actually I pay for it by doing what I love most anyway; anything she wants! I love her more than anything, anything at all!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I hear you Jill ! I try whenever appropriate to take the budget option. Which means to say I buy my clothes sometimes from Macys, but more often from JC Penny, and then sometimes not from Pennys, but from Ross, and I always look on the sales racks. Plus I often buy from secondhand stores like Goodwill (but Goodwills that are located in the more affluent areas of town).

I don't cut corners on wigs or make up though. My short wig was $265 and I've just spent $200 on MAC makeup, so it all depends. I guess a person has to be selective unless they have plenty of money available to them. I'd hate not to be able to afford a trip to Europe or wherever just because I spent too much money on clothes I hardly wear, and from places where I paid top dollar.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi Jill, gotta face it womens clothes is just more expenisve than Mens. I compensated for mine by getting rid or ALL my guy clothes and Living / Transioned as a Female. I would say easily I haqve a few $ 1000 in clothes, Oops didn't add in the shoes. Now Just one Wardrobe, but just as expensive if not more. I have 2 closets full of clothes and 2 dressers. Yes I love to shop always. I know this option isn't available for most, that is what I did to deal with it. Plus I have all the freedom I want. Got Divorced Finally !!! Caught my wife in bed with a CD, I booted them both. Never lived Happier :-)

P.S. I am a VERY GOOD Shopper, only shop Sales :-)
    " Go Confidently in the direction of your Dreams ! Live the Life You've Imagined. "

" SHOOT FOR THE MOON, Even if you miss, You'll Land among the Stars "

~Cami Dawn~

Right now....about two to three thousand dollars per year..... and no sign of slowing down any time soon... And who compensates....Just money I wouldn't spend somewhere else...cars, ice hockey equipment, food......I make way too much money, but don't tell my wife that!! hehehe

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanygirl View Post
    My wife is a partner in a law firm and I can usually get her to buy whatever I want, (by making her think she wants it for me).
    Ahh! Are you Jedi? Jedi Mind Control trick to get wife to buy stuff...

Kim

So far this year around four thousand. Wigs cost the most a good wig can make up for a so so dress then good makeup. Have a walk in closet full still need more things for winter so will wait till after the holidays for sales.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Yeah, CDing can cost some money. But what price do you put on happiness?

Plus, If you have ever been faced with death - I mean really the possibility that this could be your last day on earth - then you have a different perspective on life. You have to enjoy what time you have left. Money wont do you any good in the grave.

That being said, I try to balance the money spent on Cding type activities and the rest that you have to spend to live. I am fortunate to have enough disposable income to do the things I want. I don't go to Europe for vacations, and I buy a clothes at Ross and Burlington Coat Factory. (Less expensive clothes).

The clothes aren't the expensive part for me. It's the conventions and the Tri-Ess Weekends. Eating at expensive restaurants.... I spend maybe $1000 a year on clothes, and $3000 easily on the hotel, meals, convention fees, etc.

Hugs, Lori

$$$

I don't have the luxury of being able to hoard clothes, given the secrecy of this whole thing.

I buy my femme clothes with the intention of purging them fairly quickly. So I buy good shapewear and cheap clothes. Then purge them after a good, fun run. The goal is to keep my regular life as complication-free as possible. Purging does this.

I'll then restock shapeware and clothes again once life calms down a bit. And repeat the process. So I figure a couple hundred dollars for every "binge" period, marked by several "dry" periods in which I reallocate that money towards regular guy hobbies. So this is not a big deal financially.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkandy View Post
    Ahh! Are you Jedi? Jedi Mind Control trick to get wife to buy stuff...

Kim

Not Jedi, Hotty
    At least my wife seems to think so...

you ask a very good question. a thousand or so . this new year i will keep a diary of my expenses and see the grand total at the end of the year. but i also am a high maintenance kinda girl wigs makeup nails eyebrows . oh and heels that the worse. think i need a S.O in my life this is getting expensive . now i am getting depressed thanks a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Bucks

I guess on clothes and makeup this year about $4,000, and since I started full time in June of '05 about $8,000. Maureen

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    you ask a very good question. a thousand or so . this new year i will keep a diary of my expenses and see the grand total at the end of the year. but i also am a high maintenance kinda girl wigs makeup nails eyebrows . oh and heels that the worse. think i need a S.O in my life this is getting expensive . now i am getting depressed thanks a lot
    MJ, you are beautiful girl! Go out there and get someone in your life, they are out there! 300,000,000 people in the USA alone, you just know that there is someone you can meet that wants a sensitive, pretty, and sexy dish like you!

P.S. Your smile is fantastic! Never lose it honey, it is your best freind!

Well, the wife and I have converted a bedroom, into a closet for us. 4 stand alone clothes racks. We both have our platinum cards at Lane Bryant. Those don't come cheap. Plus she gets a discount at Avenue. In mens clothes, I have 1 suit and 4 pairs of jeans, and a few shirts. Before retiring, I used to wear company provided shirts. With name over the pocket....BJ

I have decided that Kenix needs to go outside some day, that means I need a wig, makeup, accessories, etc...

$$$$

i don't no how much i spend it would probably scare me so i just work harder and shopp more he he he

$$$$

I try to do most of my shopping at thrift stores , but its still quite expensive even still $$$, I dont wear mens clothes any more , and shutter to think what it would set me back if I had to shop for that too , so since I dont I can afford to take up another hobbie ???
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

I never spent much on men's clothes- so what the hell. Still spend alot less than my ex-wife did. She had outfits in the closet that she never wore-at least I wear mine.

Alice

I had to cut down on buying new clothes because of the budget situation I'm in. I had the same problem though, not being able to wear them out. so I started to just buy plain jane clothes instead; Jeans, shirts, a jacket or two, pantyhose to wear under my jeans and just go out or go to work.

they look the same as men's clothes and I have to say It looks better on me than if I'd bought men's clothes.

so far I've spent about $800 this year on womens clothes and 0 on mens (except for the shoes).

Single and Looking!! Erica Lauren James's Avatar
    Far Far Far to Much!!! But hey I love to shop!!!

I have about 1 and a half times more women's things than guys as well as i have 9 Large totes of stuff I don't need. So I need to get busy doing some selling, then I can buy new stuff. Isn't life as a girl great!!!

Kiera
    Someday You'll Find What You're Looking For
    I'm Looking for a GG!!
    If you admirer me then don't be shy and let me know!! I've gotten 4 Secret Admirers and I have no idea who you are. So please(pretty please) let me know who you are. Thanks So much!!!

I have spent a lot on my Femme Items, but I saved a lot when I stopped smoking back in 1981. About $25,000, so I have a lot more spending to make up the difference.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Too much over the years - especially a month or so after purging.

Discount stores and sales are my shopping favourite.

It's a pretty horrifying amount. But it's much cheaper than the therapy bills would be if I were to deny my fem side And the amounts in question are entirely compatible with our budget, which is really the important thing...

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Does this include the stuff you have prugded over the years or the stuff you have now?

Just thinking about kicks in the old catholic guilt trip!!

Mind you it is probably for the best, some of the stuff I've brought over years was soooo tacky. Have to say my style has improved now along with the cost....

Saw a pair of gorgeous boots waiting to if the go into the new year sale only way going to afford them........but then again

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    I have more female clothes than I do male clothes,(As my S.O. keeps reminding me) but I have done it relatively cheaper than some of you girls. E-bay is a bargain hunters paradise, if you know how to shop. K-mart and Big W here in Australia are pretty good for value. My first few articles came from a thrift shop.

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]