Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 17 year old son figured it out . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    WOW! That's why he has his computers...and I have mine...and the daughter has hers and the wife doesn't use any of them at all.... lol

Karren

DITTO that. There is safety in numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Platinum Member
    id talk to him and ask him if he is ok with what he found out, now he's had time to digest it he might have questions but is afraid to approach the subject

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    Having an exciting few days lately, aren't we, dear?

3 cheers!
    Wow - you aren't kidding there! VERY exciting few days this last couple of weeks!

Kim

Banned Read only
    That's why i use Firefox which deletes my trail upon exit.

Banned Read only
    "Hi Kim, I read and re-read your post and to be honest I'm just a little bit skeptical of the fact that your son is so willing to accept this. Please don't misunderstand me but most 17 yr olds have a "blackmail" streak in them. This is not to say that your son does but rather a fact of life. Please be careful in further interaction as this thing may come back to bite you. I truly wish you all the happiness in this world. May God grant you and your family love, acceptance and forgivness."

Wow, and double wow! I'm almost (ALMOST I SAID) at a loss for words.

First, I agree with those who say that our kids are more accepting than we often give them credit for - but then again, we did raise them, and if they are not then the fault dear Brutus is not in the stars, but in ourselves.

As for blackmail, yeesh. I'm sure it has happened, but not to the level that this would imagine. At 17 all you have to say is "so, for your next birthday I'm giving you first and last months rent and a depost." I'm sure they will get that message posthaste.

So, good for your kid. Seems you did right.

And, as I always say NO ONE CAN BLACKMAIL YOU FOR SOMETHING THAT IS PUBLIC.

Hey Kim, as nice as your wife and you were/are, when I met you both those many years back, of course you both would raise a child with few prejudices.

Children reaised in {1} loving homes ,{2} with parents who care about each other and let it show {3} don't hear parents degrade people different will usually grow up with a good sense of self and usually a non-judgemental attitude.

Simple equation which I wish more families would do.

As for it being a non-event...well does not surprise me. Sounds like alot of kids who know their folks care about them....what the parents are and do does not change their love for them.

And that is all kids every really want...to know they are fully loved and respected.

As I see it our job as big people is to raise little people up to be good big people... by all accounts you've done a terrific job Kim. Your son's attitude is a testament to that. My eldest son is now 25. For some reason he was rummaging though my closet and found a woman's coat (of mine) and in the pocket was a photo I had taken with a gg friend of mine while we were doing girl's-lunch-out. He didn't recognize the girly me, but my daughter-in-law did (by my smile of all things). We subsequently talked about my cding and he was surprised by amazingly cool with the idea - "kind of weird Dad, but no big deal if it makes you happy". That was over 2 years ago and although it hasn't been a frequent topic of conversation since our relationship is just as rich as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by older not wiser View Post
    Hi Kim, I read and re-read your post and to be honest I'm just a little bit skeptical of the fact that your son is so willing to accept this. Please don't misunderstand me but most 17 yr olds have a "blackmail" streak in them. This is not to say that your son does but rather a fact of life. Please be careful in further interaction as this thing may come back to bite you. I truly wish you all the happiness in this world. May God grant you and your family love, acceptance and forgivness.

BonnieAnne
    Funny you should say that as one of the first things he said after the dust settled was that he wanted a movie (to give to his girl friend). He laughed and said that he wouldn't say anything to anyone if I took him to get it. I laughed right back and told him that I'd advise him NOT to, but that he was welcome to tell anyone he wanted. I told him the only reason that I hesitate to let people know is out of concern for HIM and his sister. After we stopped laughing, I strongly advised him not to talk to anyone about it, because it could ultimately come back to hurt him, or his little sister who must follow him through the same schools. I'm reasonably sure he understands and has no intention of telling anyone.
    The next day he again tried testing me be arguing when it was time to do his only chores (Trash and Dishes). He kept telling me to wait a minute and he'd get to it. I guess he thought now that he knew Dad has a softer side, he could get away with pushing his luck. I gave him a few minutes to end his emails and close his game and then told him to do his chores again. Once again he told me to wait. By this time I'd decided it was a dangerous precedent to set, so I insisted and got him off the PC.
    I'm glad I did it, because now he knows nothing has changed, he can't get away with anything that he didn't used to get away with just because he knows Dad is a CD.
    Life is back to "normal" with the exception that I no longer have to worry about him catching me.
    Hugs to all!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I'm glad I did it, because now he knows nothing has changed, he can't get away with anything that he didn't used to get away with just because he knows Dad is a CD.
    Wise move.

And - grumble, grumble - probably very reassuring for him.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Wow Kimberly what a wonderful ending. I assume your wife knows? Your thread did not express that. It is wonderful that it was not an issue with your son. I am very happy for you.

my situation was a little different. I was found out by my wife and it turns out that she loves my cding. Fear can keep us from the lives we were mea'nt to live.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Rita View Post
    Wow Kimberly what a wonderful ending. I assume your wife knows? Your thread did not express that. It is wonderful that it was not an issue with your son. I am very happy for you.

my situation was a little different. I was found out by my wife and it turns out that she loves my cding. Fear can keep us from the lives we were mea'nt to live.

Very right dear. As it turns out my marriage is 100% better since I told my wife. I was so scared. And she loves it. And we had a good marriage before I told her.

Tiffy
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Wow, that is great Kim, gives me great hope for if and when my son finds out, considering my wife does not wish him exposed to my CD. I am very happy that things worked out for you!

Love the sensual feeling

My Son is Gay but Wonders about DAD

He is very unaccepting .. You are fortunate in the way that it evolved. I have a very hard time trying to reconcile my inner feelings with what is accepable.

Would love to have an event that forced me to take a step forward.

susan

Quote Originally Posted by Avsblues19 View Post
    I am glad everything worked out for you. If you want to know how to turn the recent history off, so that when he types "C," www.crossdressers.com won't come up, do this:

Go to Tools (on your browser),
    Then click the "Content" tab,
    Then click the "AutoComplete..." button,
    Then uncheck the box where it says "Use AutoComplete for Web Addresses"
    I never gave it a thought until my brother came by... So I did the above, and yes it won't auto complete. But... There is an arrow to the right of the address bar that when clicked shows a list of every site that you've typed in!
    To solve that... Right a blank space on the tool bar above it and uncheck ''Address Bar''. Bar gone, Problem gone. But... Remember to remove anything from your favorites as well.
    Hope you have winxp, cause the best way is to set up seperate accounts for each person that uses the computer. This seperates everyone, especially if you use passwords. Just make sure that you use the administrator account so you can keep an eye on your son on the net.
    Hope that helps some.

Sandy

Browsing the Juniors Dept
    I use a nifty freeware program called web eraser to erase the cache of all browsers, delete what is saved in auto complete and in temp files for various programs. I also use registry mechanic to wipe out past history and unused files from the registry. You would be amazed at the stuff that builds up in the registry from software installations to picture info of files you recently viewed or edited in picture editing programs like paint shop.

Another way to cover your traces is to go to google and then search for this forum and click on that link. You will still have log in cookies from this forum, but your route to the site will not appear in a drop down address toolbar even with auto complete turned on in IE.
    Last edited by ponytail_gurl; 12-30-2006 at 12:39 AM.

I'm glad your son is cool about your dressing. Most 17 year olds think their parents are the lowest form of life ever to walk the face of the earth so whatever the parents do they will not sink any lower in their childrens' esteem. Hope things continue to go well for you.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.