Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pronoun Trouble

GypsyKaren
    Excuse me for a moment, I just dropped in to swoon over my Captain's picture again...carry on.

Karen

Yeah, Kind of hard not to, right Karen?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    The battleaxe is nice but heavy. I still prefer my katana. It's very elegant and the ultimate weapon in my opinion (other than a light saber of course).
    Oh there you go bragging about your katana again! Honestly! You'd think you were the only person with one!
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    Oh there you go bragging about your katana again! Honestly! You'd think you were the only person with one!
    Actually not just one, but three Dearie.One for each hand. (Little bragger me! )

Yikes! Pretty soon you'll be like one of the Hindu Gods/Goddesses.

"I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Not really Kerianna. What I meant was that if I do go into battle, one goes in a sheath on my back(just in case).

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    you are part of the cafepress pr-team aren't ya Kieron?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evert View Post
    you are part of the cafepress pr-team aren't ya Kieron?
    i wish i was lol......id get the t-shirts for free then lol....i just love the site thats all....there are some really good items in the other catagories too
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 01-01-2007 at 01:37 PM.

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SexxxyBrianna View Post
    Forgive me for asking but, you were born female correct? If so, most people are going to see you as female no matter how much you want to be a "boy" as you put it. I would never expect to be seen as a real woman, it is just not going to happen. You have to be honest with yourself. Don't worry about what others see or think. Just be happy with who you are.
    LOL... wally! CaptLex isn't a crossdresser as you seem to think, but transexual.
    He will look exactly like the male he is soon, it's just it can take (or seem to take) a long time to get there when on T. He is basically going through a 2nd puberty (or his real puberty) and we all know that can take a few years until we are fully developed.
    CaptLex is very honest with himself and true to himself which is in fact why he is on this journey to look like his real self. So his outsides match his insides!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    If I saw a femmy guy and said 'He' or whatever and he said "She" correcting me........I'd back up a bit....and the apology would come when I thought I was wrong and it WAS a female and I'd made a mistake. "Oh..erm sorry..." Otherwise I'd go..."Erm..o.k." and move on swiftly.
    Lol I wouldn't! (Say "Erm..o.k.") I think that's maybe even a little bit rude actually. Especially now that I am educated from the people on this board and some other members of the transgender community and so know how delicate gender can be to people.
    I would immediately be horrified that I had addressed her wrongly and may have hurt her feelings and would have the respect to say I was sorry and address her as a female from then onwards.

Now then to you, our Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    What bothers me most is that when I correct people, they look at me like "yeah, right". Yesterday in our cafeteria someone called me "she" and when I corrected him ("it's 'he' "), he just stared at me. And at the local drug store chain, the conversation went something like this:

Clerk: "Here you go, miss."
    Me: "I'm not a miss."
    Clerk: (staring) "No? What are you, then?"
    Me: "I'm a 'he' ."
    Clerk: (more staring) "Okay, here you go."

No apology, no correction.

So my question for everybody and anybody who can relate (or even if you're fortunate enough not to have this happen to you) . . . how do you deal with people who get your pronouns wrong? I hope I'm not the only one going through this. This question is open to all.
    That is rude, to just stare, and to say flatly "No? What are you then?" like a bit of a sarcastic challenge. Makes me wish I was there to say "oi!!"
    Perhaps they were just feeling a bit awkward and didn't know how to react and so reacted stupidly. They might not even have meant to seem rude or sarcastic and just been flustered. It happens to us all lol! They may have even felt bad about being rude afterwards.

I don't know how you can think someone with stubble is a she though.... that's pretty weird. I have never seen a lady with stubble. Hmmm.

I guess these people that do this don't mean to be horrible, they just don't understand or are a bit dumb. It is so frustrating though. I know I know. I feel it too.

Don't you worry sweet Cap'n. It's just a case of deep breaths and patience.
    It is a FACT that you will be 100 per cent passable soon. What with the continued body shape redistribution and stubble growth and further deepening of the voice etc etc. Anyone that called you ma'am would just be teasing then. That is something to look forward to!
    Instead of a rush of anger, why not try and turn it in to a rush of excitement that there's no way that this will be happening soon because you will simply be a man! An' no mistake! (Dick Van Dyke doing a cockney accent voice).
    Last edited by pocoyo; 01-05-2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: apparently I can't spell "accent" on the 1st try lol!
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Thanks for coming to my defense, Poc. I may hire you as my lawyer.

Actually, I'm feeling a bit better about it these days. It's nice to know that you all get it. Also, I haven't shaved my chin whiskers in almost two weeks and this may be helping as I didn't get one "ma'am" all day yesterday. Trouble is, I'll have to shave it soon when I go see Mom again (although my son said I shouldn't bother). Oh well, I know I need to be patient for a while longer. I'm working on it.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Usually my pronoun problems occurred on the opposite. People called me 'Sir' or 'he' when I'm wasn't cross-dressing. I've given up on not cross-dressing. Usually I would let it slide but if I was with a friend or family member they would correct the person. The worst was when (years ago) I was NOT CDing and went to the ladies restroom, the lady inside sighed loudly and told me in an annoyed voice "The men's room is on the other side!" I replied "I know." After several seconds: "Oh!"

Since people couldn't get it right when I wasn't a serious CDer, I'm used to people fumbling over it and generally don't care so I let it slide. If I'm in a bad mood I just say "I'm a guy." and glare at them a little.