Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pronoun Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    Oooh, YW...and thank you Capt. I can paint them black too if you want.
    With little skulls and crossbones? Cool!

BTW Capt...nice avatar...very handsome....I think I'm going to swoon now...:blushing:
    You too? I'm still looking for Great GG - she must have passed out in one of the lifeboats. Somebody get the smelling salts!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedark GG View Post
    Let it out. Hell bitch slap someone. hmmm can a guy bitch slap someone?
    Sure . . . especially a gay guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedark GG View Post
    Hey is that a pic of you in the new suit you talked about recently? Is that a Mickey tie? Looking good. You too Kieron. That's a new avatar for you too isn't it? My, my, my. Look at all the man candy and me on a darn diet. lol
    Dancin
    Yup, that's the new suit (and Santa Mickey tie). The pic was taken by a co-worker at the recent firm Christmas party.

I think Kieron's new avatar is cool too . . . but he doesn't like compliments so we'll just [SIZE="1"]whisper about him behind his back[/SIZE].

Thanks for your advice and understanding, Dancin.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    Hi Capt, I just want to say that as a person who works in the public 6 days a week, I'm a cashier at a restaurant, sometimes I will say ma'am to a genetic male, and sometimes I will say sir to a genetic female.
    Thanks for your input, Country Girl . . . at least you have the good manners to correct yourself. Some people do, but a lot of them don't. What I don't get - well, maybe 'cause it's causing me all this trouble - is why they have to add "ma'am" or "sir" at all. Why not just say, "can I help you"? Wouldn't that be easier? Or are salespeople trained to always add that? Just wondering . . .

DUDE Capt! Sweet pic! I'm lovin' that suit on you.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Thanks for your input, Country Girl . . . at least you have the good manners to correct yourself. Some people do, but a lot of them don't. What I don't get - well, maybe 'cause it's causing me all this trouble - is why they have to add "ma'am" or "sir" at all. Why not just say, "can I help you"? Wouldn't that be easier? Or are salespeople trained to always add that? Just wondering . . .
    I don't think I ever used those terms in retail. I hate it when people do - you're right - there's no reason to. I hate the term "ma'am" - sounds like something you say to the schoolteacher who just punished you...or your Mistress

I can't stand being called "sir" - I'm not a bleedin' old rock star you know!

While we're at it: No "buddy" "pal" "dude" "hey guy" "mister" ....

I used to bristle at "sweetie, hun, sugar, etc." but now that I'm older I kinda like it Maybe Kerrianna likes it, the same way you might be ok with me calling you dude, pal. Right buddy? (playful punch on the arm that actually hurts )

I guess I don't like the impersonal, lazy aspect of those terms. My dog doesn't like to hear "good boy" from strangers either. First of all she's not a boy and second of all who says she's good? (well, she is...most of the time... )
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

old age

Well Capt, For me it is just the way I was brought up. I'm much older than most of y'all on here and it is a sign of RESPECT. It also happens to be a southern thing. Most people in the South, including the younger generation say "ma'am or sir", it is ingrained in us from the day we were born. Your new avitar does look awfully spiffy! Kieron's too!

CG gg
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    DUDE Capt! Sweet pic! I'm lovin' that suit on you.
    Thanks, Bi, I kind of think I look like Tony Soprano . . . but that's okay, nobody messes with him.

II used to bristle at "sweetie, hun, sugar, etc." but now that I'm older I kinda like it Maybe Kerrianna likes it, the same way you might be ok with me calling you dude, pal. Right buddy? (playful punch on the arm that actually hurts
    Ouch! Actually, I don't mind "dude, pal, buddy", but I still get called, "sweetie, hun," and (just yesterday) "darling". And I'm sure they don't call all the guys that, so I take it as a sign of not passing. I don't mind "honey" coming from a gay guy - that's just the main word in the vocabulary, but when a gay man calls you "sweetheart", watch out - it's rarely meant as a compliment (as in, "Listen, sweetheart . . . " *snapping fingers*).

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    Well Capt, For me it is just the way I was brought up. I'm much older than most of y'all on here and it is a sign of RESPECT. It also happens to be a southern thing. Most people in the South, including the younger generation say "ma'am or sir", it is ingrained in us from the day we were born.

CG gg
    Well, yeah, nothing wrong with showing respect, but it's also a sign that one is older, right? One doesn't usually get called "ma'am" or "sir" until after reaching a certain age. I guess that's why it bugs me too - don't like being reminded of my age. Okay, so it's a southern thing, I can understand that . . . but I don't live in the south, so around here it must just be the way salespeople are trained. Ugh!

Capt, I think I understand, totally, it was the total attitude of the clerk. The fact that she made a point to let you know, through words and body language, voice tone, etc, that "she" didn't approve of whatever statement you are making. I just think it's amazing that people have no other life, but to show people how they "should" act or look, through approval or disapproval!! All I can say, is, Dude, find your way to the next level of self acceptance, because when you do, you will be chuckling at their unacceptance of the human race. Make any sense?

I think the level after that is empathy for someone who will never know freedom to accept people on all levels. Make more sense?

Capt, I'm all agog!! You do look amazing!! I love the suit, it's awesome!! You look like a TADD(tough arse doggy dog)!! So happy you decided to share!!

And ya know, [SIZE="1"]Kieron does look pretty good , too!! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKat GG View Post
    And ya know, [SIZE=1]Kieron does look pretty good , too!! [/SIZE]
    i said stop that!!!

Aww, you're a TADD, too, huh??

I'm a TAKK, Tuff arse Kitty Kat!!

Platinum Member
    Aww, you're a TADD, too, huh??

I'm a TAKK, Tuff arse Kitty Kat!!
    hmpft!!!!

All I can say, is, Dude, find your way to the next level of self acceptance, because when you do, you will be chuckling at their unacceptance of the human race. Make any sense?

I think the level after that is empathy for someone who will never know freedom to accept people on all levels. Make more sense?
    Yeah, it makes total sense. Someday I'll be in a position to feel sorry for these poor, unenlightened people . . . I have to remember that and not take it so personally. Thanks, Krazy Kool Kitty Kat! (KKKK)

Next time, just stare right back, and say, "Heeey, Ya got a problem with me? 'Cause, I know people!"

Tony would be proud!!

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    What I don't get - well, maybe 'cause it's causing me all this trouble - is why they have to add "ma'am" or "sir" at all. Why not just say, "can I help you"? Wouldn't that be easier? Or are salespeople trained to always add that? Just wondering . . .
    Yes, they are.

As a kid, growing up on military bases in the South, I was an anomaly since my parents did not teach me to say ma'am and sir. In fact, the one time I tried to sir my dad, he told me to quit trying to butter him up. But when I started waiting tables in college, I developed the habit because it got me fewer complaints and better tips. Then I became a Quaker, and Quakers don't use ma'am and sir, but I catch myself using them anyway from time to time. It becomes a kind of verbal tic.

Oh, and for the record everyone... I was out drinking with the Capt. last night, and yes, he really is that handsome devil in the photo.

Kieron's bloody handsome too. And here, I thought the picture of the dude in the Santa outfit really was Kieron...

Next time, just stare right back, and say, "Heeey, Ya got a problem with me? 'Cause, I know people!"

Tony would be proud!!
    LOL! There's an idea . . . just ask myself "what would Tony do?" I can just imagine how he'd take care of the situation if somebody called him "ma'am".

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein9 View Post
    Kieron's bloody handsome too. And here, I thought the picture of the dude in the Santa outfit really was Kieron...
    awwww thanks, but i aint that handsome!......ok theres a conspiracy to compliment me going on...i know there is!!! Capt did you start this....or was it KrazyKat??

LOL! There's an idea . . . just ask myself "what would Tony do?" I can just imagine how he'd take care of the situation if somebody called him "ma'am".
    Monty Python...

Customer: 'Excuse me Miss.'
    Man in shop: 'What do you mean Miss?'
    Customer: 'I'm sorry I have a cold.'
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    awwww thanks, but i aint that handsome!......ok theres a conspiracy to compliment me going on...i know there is!!! Capt did you start this....or was it KrazyKat??
    Face it, dude . . . when you're as cute as you are, you have to learn to live with the compliments. Don't worry, I'm not hitting on you . . . just wishing I was about 20 years younger so I can tell people you're my brother. No competition, though - you get all the girls and I'll go for the guys.

Das, you're not just rolling out of bed now, are you?

I like that, Lisa, British humour is applicable in just about any situation. Gotta love Monty Python!

Platinum Member
    I like that, Lisa, British humour is applicable in just about any situation. Gotta love Monty Python!
    see here:- lol http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48183

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Das, you're not just rolling out of bed now, are you?
    LOL! No. I've been cleaning, actually. The Gollum-hole is starting to look a little tiny bit more like a Hobbit-hole.

I would have looked this person straight in the eye and said" and what do I call you" then probably done a runner.

Love the avatar Capt'n only noticed it just now and Kieron no conspiracy honest, you too look good.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra GG View Post
    I would have looked this person straight in the eye and said" and what do I call you" then probably done a runner.

Love the avatar Capt'n only noticed it just now and Kieron no conspiracy honest, you too look good.
    omg!! that Avatar just had me in stitches!!! thats got to be your best one yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    omg!! that Avatar just had me in stitches!!! thats got to be your best one yet!!
    Blame Jess, she sent me the link for them.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna