Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving In Heels

Driving In Heels

I notice that when I'm driving wearing heels I drive 10 to 15 MPH slower than when I wear flats or my male shoes. Also the higher the heel the slower I go. Does this happen to you when you drive? It's not like I'm trying to go slow I just do.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I guess driving in the 70's gave me practice wore the platform shoes back then
    Peg

At first I went slow but it just took me a while to get used to the different angle and pressure. Now I can drive just as well being a high stepper or flathead.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi,
    Exactly the same here...the higher the heel, the slower I go.
    Huggs,
    Andi.

high heel driving

No. Maybe when I first did it , but now I just go the speed limit...stoped twice dressed as Carla....(no tickets, I cried and got out of them..lol), I drive the speed limit while dressed.

Have fun out there!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    No, I just drive more sensibly and defensively anyway when en femme because I'm scared stiff of getting pulled over by the police and then having to explain myself However, I do know what you mean about driving in heels, it feels weird and so I feel like I should slow down and pay attention more.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-28-2006 at 10:12 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gold Member
    I drove a few times dressed, what a thrill, I think I went the limit so I would bring any attention to me.

I notice that I drive slower and safer when enfemme than when in drab...at first I thought it was because I was afraid of being pulled over for breaking the law....but now I know that the slower I drive the longer I can stay enfemme!!! It's a subconsious thingy....Sigmund would be so prowd!!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think the heel keep your foot farther from the petal so you need to bend your foot more than normal without heels.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

The first time I drove in heels I was actually disappointed because it felt so normal. But like others, I never drive the speed limit in guy mode but I observe ALL traffic rules and regulations when in drag. I really don't want that unwanted extra attention from the men in blue.

I think possibly you are just not used to it, heel size has never mattered to my driving speed...

mmmm no way the higher my heels the faster I drive!

Former Member
    I guess the few times I have driven in heels I didn't notice. I was so freaked out at being seen by someone I know, or being pulled over by the police, that I concentrated on driving the speed limit.

i drive slower when i have on my heels, just to try and keep myself from shifting as fast, and tearing up the carpet when i slam my foot on the clutch. but in an automatic, i dont drive slower

I've never driven while "en femme" I wish I had the opportunity to do so. It must be very nice to express one's feminity as a driver.

One question to you all who have that experience: is it difficult to adapt to driving with high heel shoes? Note that here in France most cars have a standard shift (not automatic) making the use of pedals more crucial...

Eugenie

Haven't done it with a standard shift yet Eugenie, but I'm sure I could get used to using the clutch if I had to. When you use the gas pedal you just have to get used to the pressure distribution on your feet. It's kind of different than just using flats or guy shoes.

Haven't driven a car in femme, but I think I should... I have a another hobby (in addition to CDing): I seem to collect speeding tickets...
    Finding my girly girl... It has to be hidden into my lingeries...

[SIZE=1]PS. Sadly, it's not me in the avatar picture...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Michelle View Post
    Haven't driven a car in femme, but I think I should... I have a another hobby (in addition to CDing): I seem to collect speeding tickets...
    Careful Hon, Then they might pull you over cause you're a cute gal (especially if you are blonde ). Ericka

Use to drive more careful but still to speedlimit. Love driving in heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Michelle View Post
    THAT could be an expensive hobby

Its about the same but I become a lot more paranoid because I do not want to get pulled over and have to deal with a L.E.O.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Careful to a fault, but barefooted

I to found myself driving slower, but careful to a fault, never crossing that yellow line When I looked in my rear view mirrow, I would have a whole sting of traffic backed up, even if I was close to the speed limit...SO, I just slipped off my right shoe and drive barefooted...Now no traffic back ups...

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    I don't notice a difference in driving due to heel size. I make a conscious effort to drive at reasonable speed when en-femme. While I can and have gotten out of tickets while driving dressed as a male, I would not want to do that when dressed as a female.

I should add that I've been going out as a woman for over ten years. Therefore, I probably have adjusted to heels. The hard part is switching back from heels to flats. The muscles seem to knot up after taking off the heels.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    No difference here in speed, except like others I DO obey all the rules when dressed. 5 1/2 hours so far this week driving enfem. Love the truckers reactions to a cute blond chick !!!

Emily Ann

Driving In Heels...

...should be illegal, IMHO! Especially in vehicles with manual gear change.

What's the problem with keeping a pair of flat shoes in the car?

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe