Thread: 'Mrs. K****'

'Mrs. K****'

Waking up feeling groovy, I got up and out early this morning to acquaint myself with the public transportation, deciding to go to the medical foundation and get blood tests (a hopeful first step towards HRT). Have to confess I also wanted to start my day without the (soon-to-be) ex-SO being my first contact with the world. I was in a bit of a rush getting out the door - and, um, no T-girl really likes entering the world without a clear, careful sense of her appearance ...

Anyway, the bus driver calls me "Hon" and waives the bus fare for me. Hey - so far, so good. At the lab, my first (unambiguously male) name is called out and the medical attendant, a man, has a rather quizzical expression. I guess he decides I've just got a weird name 'cause, after that, he addresses me as 'Mrs. K****.' I've certainly never been called that before. (Because my first - and only legal - wife kept her own name, there hasn't been a 'Mrs. K****' since my mother divorced my father in 1970.)

There is nothing quite so splendid as the world recognizing me as I see myself!

It's also, like, 70 degrees & sunny today!

Mrs K*****

Wow Mrs K***** you certainly had an interesting and one you can be very satisfied with. It is so wonderful to be accepted for who we are!

Eileen

Hi Mrs. K****, I am glad you had a fine outing and admire your strength.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles