Thread: Glamour Shots fun

Smile Glamour Shots fun

I went to Glamour Shots yesterday to get some photos taken. The girl who did my makeup had done it before; Elizabeth is a true artist. She made me look really cute. I had a new wig: long black with red highlights. My first outfit was a pink plaid miniskirt, a pink t-shirt (with Guess on it), and some platform espadrilles. I thought I looked pretty good in that. My next outfit was a red sheath dress, with black heels, and it fit beautifully. I was a little worried, because the side zipper was a little sticky, but Elizabeth help me zip it up, and I was amazed how good it looked on me! My final outfit was mini-shorts, a black cami (with built in bra) from Avenue, a hoodie, and heels. That cami made me look really stacked. It was a wonderful feeling, but the photographer put me into the most uncomfortable positions to photograph me. And when I looked at the pictures so that I could choose one, I didn't like any of them. Either my expression was frowny or rather blank, or the pose was really weird. As it turned out, I got a free 8 x 10, so I finally decided on one.
    Maybe I'll have better luck next time. I get their e-mails all the time.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by terrigurl View Post
    I went to Glamour Shots yesterday to get some photos taken. The girl who did my makeup had done it before; Elizabeth is a true artist. She made me look really cute. I had a new wig: long black with red highlights. My first outfit was a pink plaid miniskirt, a pink t-shirt (with Guess on it), and some platform espadrilles. I thought I looked pretty good in that. My next outfit was a red sheath dress, with black heels, and it fit beautifully. I was a little worried, because the side zipper was a little sticky, but Elizabeth help me zip it up, and I was amazed how good it looked on me! My final outfit was mini-shorts, a black cami (with built in bra) from Avenue, a hoodie, and heels. That cami made me look really stacked. It was a wonderful feeling, but the photographer put me into the most uncomfortable positions to photograph me. And when I looked at the pictures so that I could choose one, I didn't like any of them. Either my expression was frowny or rather blank, or the pose was really weird. As it turned out, I got a free 8 x 10, so I finally decided on one.
    Maybe I'll have better luck next time. I get their e-mails all the time.

Terri
    First its free and if its free its for me The looks you are looking for is up to your own liking, keep trying and you will get the one that you want, you mentioned all the outfits, how about sharing them, Charolette, I did mine recently and cant wait to post a new one,

Terri,

Photographs are so hard...and after not having taken them for a long time, I have started again. (Thank you digital photography) I try to learn from each bad picture....and I have plenty of them to choose from.

Poses were wrong, not smiling, too much smiling, bad angles, bad backgrounds, uncomfortable positions, bad lighting.....I had 40 taken earlier this month and salvaged 3, one which is my avatar. But, I already have my next shoot in mind for January.

Be encouraged....your description of the outfits is absolutely perfect...I can feel your excitement.....keep that image in your head and your next shots will be sooo much better.

By the way where is Glamour shots located, IE state, city or town just curious ,,>? Charolette

Where to find them

The one I went to is in Orange County, CA. I am sure they are all over the place. You can find them by going on-line, or check the Yellow Pages or even the White Pages.
    Good luck.

Terri

Fashion!!!

I envy you!!! Going to a super make up store, would be a dream.
    I hope you had a good time.
    XOXO Tiffany

On the list of things to do enfemme, photography at Glamor Shots is pretty high on the list. However, I'm not totally sure that I would want them appearing in my bosses email or on the bulletin board at work. So it may remain a fantasy--just call me chicken.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    On the list of things to do enfemme, photography at Glamor Shots is pretty high on the list. However, I'm not totally sure that I would want them appearing in my bosses email or on the bulletin board at work. So it may remain a fantasy--just call me chicken.
    [SIZE="3"]Im ready to do the same in January for a portfolio, enfem and drab, I have told friends and people I work with how much I would like to perform in Amateur Theater. I have been toying with the idea of doing drag shows to get stage presence, as well. I might as well when I dress I stay true to character, and I need another reason to dress and to explain the traces of makeup. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Smile A small precent are keepers

This is exactly what I tell people! I take lots of pictures, but out of a dozen I may feel 1 or 2 are worth keeping. The majority get chucked with a shudder!

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Marie View Post
    .....I had 40 taken earlier this month and salvaged 3, one which is my avatar.....

Smile

Any good photographer will tell you never to just take 1 or 2, it'll take too long to find a good one. Take at least 8-10 of each pose and 20-30 of each outfit. With today's digital cameras, it doesn't cost a thing, and you're sure to find some you like. You never have to worry about someone checking your trash for your pictures either. It's a lot of fun even if you're taking the pictures yourself. My SO takes a lot of mine for me.