Thread: Crossdresser dating online?

Blue Ridge Mountains,Virginia..In the country

Crossdresser dating online?

Hi Girls,
    Since my separation i sometimes feel the need to have some female conpanionship so i thought that mabey i'll try one of those online dating sites. When filling out the forms one of the questions were, tell us a little about yourself.I thought for a minute and if i was to meet someone that i was very attracted to and she felt the same way,it would probably break my heart and hers if in our relationship i told her that i liked to dress and she totally didn't like the idea.So i decided to say so in my profile.Well it turned out that the dating site wouldn't let me say that, for it was a sexual and perverted act. (they said) Well that really made me mad:mad: because i was just being honest and i thought that this was a good way to get my dressing out in the open before hand.Could some of you please give me your opinion, and was it rite for me to get mad at the dating site?
    Last edited by Bobbie Jo; 01-05-2007 at 12:34 AM.
    HugsKisses
    Bobbie Jo

was it rite for me to get mad at the dating site?

Yes, I would be upset about being told that crossdressing is a sexual and perverted act. Dating could be construed as a perverted and sexual act...lol!

I would move on to another dating site....there are hundreds of them. Look around and you will find dating sites that cater to all forms of love and companionship.

Have fun out there!

But fun doesn't just happen. You have to make it a priority in your life or it'll go missing. Life's too short to not have it.

HI Everyone: What exactly did U write. Was it graphic about what U like to do when U R dressed? I can't believe U were blocked fo stating that U liked to wear womens clothing. This is the 21 century now. Perhaps it was a Christian dating site or something very uptight like the big one that advertises on TV constantly? They R more interested in money than anything else and perhaps they thought U would be bringing a bad image to their super whitebread wholesome image. Try another site that is a little more realistic, good luck U R on the right track in my opinion.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie Jo View Post
    So i decided to say so in my profile.Well it turned out that the dating site wouldn't let me say that, for it was a sexual and perverted act. (they said) Well that really made me mad:mad: because i was just being honest and i thought that this was a good way to get my dressing out in the open before hand.Could some of you please give me your opinion, and was it rite for me to get mad at the dating site?
    Try other sites. If the site you used it the site I'm thinking about, they are also pretty picky about the answers they allow in the religion section of the personality profile..

its me again

Please girls you should know better than that.I surely woulden't have said something that would make the dresser look bad in any way . And it was not a christian site eather it was ,singlesnet .com.The only thing i said was that i was a crossdresser and that it wasn't a sexual thing and that i still loved women. That was it........
    HugsKisses
    Bobbie Jo

Try love@aol.com I have seen ads there, openly identifying the individual as a cross-dresser, even with photos.
    Cheryl
    Northern VA
    "We live in a world in which the only constant is Change" Heraclitus- 400BC

sexual
    I bet they have program that uses key words to do there choosing, it might have seen that.
    Can you really have to much mascara?

Please be open minded girls.This was only one site.and as of other sites i guess i'll try but it sure did make me angry.
    HugsKisses
    Bobbie Jo

Well it turned out that the dating site wouldn't let me say that, for it was a sexual and perverted act. (they said)
    I think that you had all the reasons to get mad at them. This was a characterized case of gender/sexual preference discrimination. In the European Charter of Human Rights and probably in the UN Charter of Human rights it is specifically mentionned that any discriminations on the ground of gender, sexual preferences are illegal.

Dating agencies tend to ignore such legal aspects. You might inform one of the Transgender or LGBT associations in the USA about this reply you got, specifically if you received it in writting...

Informing dating agencies of the real nature of X-dressing and of the fact that it is an individual preference, not an act of perversion, could be one of the goals of the "International Trans* Day" that was discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Good luck with finding a loving and caring partner, that's all my wishes to you for 2007.

Eugenie

Adulfriendfinder seems like a good site. It costs a bit, but I've managed to keep an account without spending anything and still get in contact with someone (you are quite limited in your options, but still to a level of usability). There you have no censorship problem, on the other hand, many users could have even too much explicit profiles and photos.

When i was 12 they probaly would have been right but not now.I own these undies.i'm just joking .Its gone a long way past being sexual.Sometimes i wish it still was .Seemed a little simpler then. Justabit

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tammie View Post
    Perhaps it was a Christian dating site or something very uptight like the big one that advertises on TV constantly? They R more interested in money than anything else and perhaps they thought U would be bringing a bad image to their super whitebread wholesome image. Try another site that is a little more realistic, good luck U R on the right track in my opinion.
    Wonder which group as a whole is more prejudiced? Are Christians more prejudiced against crossdressers or are the crossdressers on this site more prejudiced against Christians? Seems like the latter.

Tolerance is a two way street, as y'all were quick to point out yesterday to someone who posted something inappropriate.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

I would be very angry too,but I did joined dating site and I did mentioned I'm an non-active CD,had no problem at all.
    Rain

Angry

I would be very mad indeed! That's discrimination! Very, very wrong!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    there are dating sites and then there are dating sites---don't get mad just switch to a different site---there must be at least 100 of them out there.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

It is discrimination, but it's very hard to change. 50 years ago, they would have censored a person if they proclaimed they were bisexual, calling it 'perverted'. Some places would still do that today.

For most, it's a matter of education. Crossdressing is no more a perversion than women putting on pants. But, to many people who lack any understanding of it, they view it as abnormal. Many who become educated about it are quite happy to change their stance. Yet, it's hard to educate everyone.

One of the wonderful outcomes of the Internet is that perceptions in relation to previously thought to be freak sub-sections of society are changing. We're able to come together in sufficiently large numbers to say, "No, we are not freaks. We're just like you" that people have to take notice. Quite a number of places have adopted EEO laws that prohibit discrimination based on gender expression. Far too many have not yet, but in time those places that do not will be seen as dinosaurs.

-BB