Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do You See Yourself?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

him and her

I not only enjoy the two of us, I'm tickled by the fact that there can be two of us! Let's be honest: how many guys have a clue about the female gender? okok...I don't mean the biology of it (although there are a lot of guys who are inadequate in that area from what I can gather!), but the emotional and, well, functional side of being a woman. We are dedicated to understanding it and making it a part of us.

So tell me, why aren't we the sought-after group of guys? Why aren't we the best possible guys with which to forma a relationship. We can be macho when the occasion arises, but we can be empathetic all the time! I can swing an ax with the best of them, and a chain saw as well. I know how to get dirty and sweaty and physically exhausted from manual labor. Then again, I can come in the house and be transformed into Tina and have a wonderful evening with my girlfriend (his wife). Or I can stay in guy mode if that suits us best.

Seems the best of all worlds to me!

Tina and him!!!

I've never seen myself as anything other than a man, but I am a man that likes wearing pretty and to me at least comfortable clothes. I know many of you wouldn't like it, because if it happened, you wouldn't be crossdressing, but I'd love it if it were to be totally accepted for males to wear dresses or skirts and in particular, all kinds of lingerie. I;d love to go to the gym and have the guy changing next to me in the locker room to tell me how pretty my dress was.

I guess my self-image is that of a woman that is happy to have male 'attributes'...

Aspiring Member
    well me being GG this is a more mental answer, as i view myself as a woman, i see myself always thirsting for knowledge of the unknown, i am always want a higher understanding of what i need to do in this life as for looks i am okay i guess their is always room for improvement in my book,i am thrillseeker i suppose on some level, i want to know whats in my future and how i can follow the path in destiny i need to go,

Quote Originally Posted by Girly Sara View Post
    I can relate to everything you have said, hun and feel exactly the same way as you. The only difference being that i'm beginning to hate my male side. Does this make me TS? Who knows! Still on my femme journey.

Sara xxx
    Hi Sara, No, I don't think that you are necessarily TS and I think that most of us can relate to Rita. I don't think CD's age well. I would much rather look female than male because the makeup and pretties do take years off of the way I really look. I do not view myself in the same light as I did earlier in life. I have thought and read others comments "if only I knew years ago what I know now. In addition, in many ways, we are still growing and in other ways we have stopped so quite often, we have not caught up to ourselves.
    As a result, the appearence of the male deminishes as the appearance of the female grows. Hence, older CDs dress more frequently.
    Females, while taking action to slow the aging process, ultimately accept it as did the mother, grandmother and so on.
    Males , ususally to little to slow the aging process and accept it as did their father, grandfather and so on.
    Cd's, I think, do everything to stop the aging process in part, because they have no one to draw from in this aspect. As a result, many dream of or even do start dressing 24/7.
    Anyway, these are my thoughts and for sure, not applicable to all Cd's.

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

Platinum Member
    i useta relay have a problem with the "HIM" side and my Wendy side. things just were messed up it was a control thingy ... see i have this excessive compulsive thing going on just doing anything is not enough i have to be in it up to my ears with my hair on fire ... you know the type .... so it was a struggle was "HIM" or Wendy going to WIN???

fact is there was no real problem with eather one both can for the most part live together ... it's something i call playing nice together ....

to some degree i have a little of both parts of me interwoven in us ...and have come to accept the my "HIM" side is going to do some "HIM" things and also Wendy will be there as well...

now Wendy is not put off by "HIM" dragging Wendy along hunting and fishing ... and for the most part "HIM" is kinda OK going shopping for girl things for Wendy,,,,that whole playing nice together thig....

and this only took abought 40 something years to get worked out....

i did the totally confused thing in the very beginning as i sought out the "why" of this strange new part of me...as ive said many times the only problem i have with my crossdressing in what it puts cheryl thru...ive always been comfortable with myself...havent felt the need to conform to anyones rules or ideas in many, many years...and i thought we all started out as females anyway...yes agree with all youve said...am very comfortable with me...im just a guy in a skirt...or a darth vader mask...hehe...but that is all...i cant see getting rid of my goatee...have no delisions of every being anything other than gary the man...

Ive always had a soft side...a much deeper compassionate side than i see in lots...would think is one of the things that my wife was attracted to...this is just a much deeper expression of those things...it relaxes me...no need for why now...just does...so ill just go with the flow...much as the rock in the stream...doesnt try to stop the stream but lets the water just flow around and over...gary

______

A 900lb gorilla in a bunny suit is still a 900lb gorilla.

I see myself living as a man in a man's world with a man's job and a man's family life. Always wondering what it would be like to live life the way I always felt inside. When I am EnFemme I feel totaly at ease with my feminine side and secretly wish I could remain that way 24/7/365.
    However, I know it will never happen as the family I have created is not deserving of the heartache if they found out. So I remain closeted.
    "Diane"

Junior Response Associate Cheryl GG's Avatar
    well....am a GG for sure....thats kinda a given huh? I dont have a high self esteem level at all and dont see me outside as much at all....need to loose some weight....worried about it for several months now....kinda wonder what he thinks with the added 15 on me.....inside of me...I have not slowed down in a long time to do self inventory....I am okay with me I guess....there are only certain things in life I can change...and those changes can only come from within me....so...its either be happy with me or change those things in me that make me unhappy....xoxoxoC/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]
    ~No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt [/SIZE]

Rita, while I am genetically male, I also have a feminine side because I am ok with wearing a bra!
    Last edited by wabnaok; 02-15-2007 at 06:15 PM.
    Allie

have no idea why she wonders such...just as with the time she shaved her head...hehe, your secret is out honey...ive told you i didnt marry you for your hair or your weight but for the person you are and the person youve always allowed me to discover...me...hugs and kisses cheryl....your wonderful hubby, gary
    It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

~Agnes Repplier

“Self-esteem isn't everything; it's just that there's nothing without it”
    Gloria Steinem

I love the ability to feel all parts of mymy gender: physical, social, emotional, tactile. I started wearing panties and lingerie when I was a teen and have long enjoyed wearin a nice pair of slacks with a coordinated blouse. Physically I feel much more at ease when I can dress as it is an escape from the male world I live in. But I do not wish to change and appreciate that I am in touch with my feelings enough to stop denying myself the pleasures i get from dressing.

Hi Rita

All I can really say to you is that, yes, twice I have found myself. But twice it has been taken away.

I do not seem able to make myself understood when I say YES I am a man, yet part of me yearns to be more feminine.

I no longer understand why it is seen as shameful for a man to wear dresses and skirts, yet all the prejudices I grew up with make me feel guilty and ashamed.

I am doing nothing wrong. I can honestly say I have never hurt ~ or wanted to hurt ~ anyone in my life.

I am a man who feels comfortable and gentle dressing in the kind of clothing I want to wear.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Love and Peace
    Rebecca

Lovely Rita

Wow, you've just put into words, what I've been feeling.

Since I've accepted my "fem" self, I've come to realize that I'm not "less of a man", but, "more than a man". I'm female and male, at the same time, all the time, no matter how I'm dressed.

I may have trouble trying to express myself, who I am, what I feel, because I'm changing every day. But, I know I'm still a man, but, I'm also more woman, at the same time, if that makes any sense.

I have no idea where this is all going, but I have my eyes and heart, wide open, and I embrace every moment, of this wonderful life.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Wow! thank you so much for your responses

I am just reading through your posts and it is trully wonderful. You are all giving me so much food for thought. I really am thankful for the insights you have all been sharing with me.

thank you all and please keep them coming
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

how do I see myself

Hi Rita

I am struggling with my fem side, i had a father that would say that real men don't show emotion. My father thought that CDer were Sissy's or queers or that they are sick in the head. Now that my father had died i am trying to express my self but i still hear his words in my head. I don't know if his words will ever go away. hence that is why the struggle continues.
    I love being a girl

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    For too much of my life I hid Melissa away, denied her existence, repressed her attempts to be a part of this world and paid a very steep price. The physical, psychological, emotional and relational damage inflicted over almost 4 decades of denial has been a terrible burden.

Within the past two years I am finally coming to terms with Melissa. She is a beautiful part of me. I am discovering so many wonderful things about her and she is teaching me so much about my humanity. She completes me in a way that I have never felt complete before. I am much more of a man now that I have embraced my inner woman.

Biologically I am male and I am okay with that. Psychologically though I am neither extremes of this insane characterization of personality called masculine or feminine. I am a person who exhibits characteristics all across the spectrum of human behaviour and the configuration called Melissa is just one wonderful aspect of that rainbow I call my personality.

The beautiful thing is that as I accept her more I grow more complete, I become more the me I am supposed to be and that changes every passing day. I realize that in order to reach my full potential as a human I must get out of my way and let me unfold naturally, let me grow towards who I am supposed to be. The journey is challenging, painful, joyful, scary and in every way a totally human experience.

The sad part of this experience is that my wife does not see it the same way. She totally rejects Melissa and yet in spite of that rejection and the pain and possibility of loss of my wife's love and partnership I know that I cannot not be Melissa anymore, she is a part of what defines me. I cannot not be Melissa any more than I can function without my heart or my kidneys or my liver.

This may be hard for some in this world to understand, but with all of the pain and anguish coming out has brought I would not change a thing. I am joyful that I have finally accepted her into my life, she completes me.
    Last edited by melissacd; 01-08-2007 at 09:01 PM.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

My healing

Quote Originally Posted by rosemarie View Post
    Hi Rita

I am struggling with my fem side, i had a father that would say that real men don't show emotion. My father thought that CDer were Sissy's or queers or that they are sick in the head. Now that my father had died i am trying to express my self but i still hear his words in my head. I don't know if his words will ever go away. hence that is why the struggle continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post
    For too much of my life I hid Melissa away, denied her existence, repressed her attempts to be a part of this world and paid a very steep price. The physical, psychological, emotional and relational damage inflicted over almost 4 decades of denial has been a terrible burden.

Within the past two years I am finally coming to terms with Melissa. She is a beautiful part of me. I am discovering so many wonderful things about her and she is teaching me so much about my humanity. She completes me in a way that I have never felt complete before. I am much more of a man now that I have embraced my inner woman.

Biologically I am male and I am okay with that. Psychologically though I am neither extremes of this insane characterization of personality called masculine or feminine. I am a person who exhibits characteristics all across the spectrum of human behaviour and the configuration called Melissa is just one wonderful aspect of that rainbow I call my personality.

The beautiful thing is that as I accept her more I grow more complete, I become more the me I am supposed to be and that changes every passing day. I realize that in order to reach my full potential as a human I must get out of my way and let me unfold naturally, let me grow towards who I am supposed to be. The journey is challenging, painful, joyful, scary and in every way a totally human experience.

The sad part of this experience is that my wife does not see it the same way. She totally rejects Melissa and yet in spite of that rejection and the pain and possibility of loss of my wife's love and partnership I know that I cannot not be Melissa anymore, she is a part of what defines me. I cannot not be Melissa any more than I can function without my heart or my kidneys or my liver.

This may be hard for some in this world to understand, but with all of the pain and anguish coming out has brought I would not change a thing. I am joyful that I have finally accepted her into my life, she completes me.
    Rosemarie,
    We are all individuals and what worked for me may not work for others but part of my healing process was unlearning all the baggage that others left in me with their views and prejudices. I mean I have spent my whole life unlearning all those things that were killing the Rita in me. For years I detested that side of me. I was trained that it was so wrong. The words sissy and worse would ring in my head. My upbringing was by tough guys all the way and they taught me to hate the things I could love most. They influenced me to look down on the feminine and just feel bad about the feminine side of me. I have had to unlearn that a little at a time. I am actually proud of all things feminine in me. I look up to women now as opposed to how my influences in the past had me look down on womanly things.
    that is why if you look at my avatar you will see the line
    My heroes wore nylons.

Malissa my heart goes out to you hun and boy do I understand. Thank you for sharing about your journey. Our road is not an easy one. That is for sure.

Hugs to all
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!