Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and the Internet

I've been a tg all my life, and for most of it I have been in hiding, no one but me knew how feminine I felt, and desired to be. Since the advent of the internet and finding sites like this and others that provide advice and support, I feel a whole lot better about myself!

I was wondering what effect the internet has had on others of our group???

oh, and where would you be in your crossdressing activity if the internet didn't exist?
    Last edited by Sharon; 01-06-2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: merged posts

It's a Good Thing To Know

It is very rewarding to know that you are not alone, and there is somewhere that you can go for help or just to get away from the outside world. This site as been a great help, and I have made many new friends here, especially one beautiful lady that I hope to become very friendly with. & Trina
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

We go through life thinking we are special.
    That we are the only one with these problems or peculareties.
    When you access sites like this you find out your story is repeated over and over in homes around the world.
    Our hobbies are not something you can talk about around the water cooler or even over a beer after work.
    The internet has allowed me to read the thoughts and deamons cd's bear within their minds about what they do, Think, or would like to do if it were more mainstream. And it sure beats reruns of CSI. Billie
    Sticks and stones may break my bones
    But High heels and Handcuffs excite me.
    Billie in Albera

I guess great minds think alike Cathy.. lol. Very similar themes.

Welcome to the family. This place is much like a family...BJ

Banned Read only
    family really? / want to loan me money, pick me up at the airport and let me sleep at your house / didn't think so

family is blood / ask anyone who is jewish or italian / this is for the most part a fantasy / a dream world / the only place where some can feel this way

to the degree that the net has encouraged people to go out / and in that way more people meet more tg people / its good

to the degree that it replaces life / or that you feel that being here is like being out / it is bad

Even though I had been told that there were others like me, I never realized how many there were untill I came here.
    Before the internet... I felt a bit lonely and odd.
    After... A whole lot better, especially with sites like this.
    I've logged into a few others, but I spend most of my online time here.
    I do have some friends on Yahoo/IM that have cams and microphones and I think that's fun too.
    Still a bit new to the internet, I used to only just do E-Mail and news.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was pretty much on my own. I'd still be CDing as always but wouldn't be "sharing" with my friends as I've been doing since I came here. Ericka
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This website has really helped me. I was able to find a group in my area, and I feel better knowing I am not alone as you are not alone. We have a lot of friends here. I have grown to know a few in the short time I have been on this forum. They are all great people.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

A Place To Go

Before the internet I was alone. I denied. I purged. I hated that side of me, periodically. Now I know that she's the best girl I've ever had and I cannot live without her.

I've learned to love the person/s I am. I prefer Dee to my drab side now. She's 'out there'. The male side is underlying. It's complicated. Dee's gonna change my life...make it infinately better. 'Normality',whatever that is, sucks!
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

The Web, Does nothing but connect us (people) I am not saying that the web is the greatest thing on the planet, but for people, seeking people (like them selves, US) it is a good thing!
    Tiffany.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Model;695498
    [COLOR=darkorchid
    'Normality',whatever that is, sucks![/COLOR]
    I believe that everyone here is normal. Normality? What is normal for one isn't for another. I concider myself normal. So should you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been involved with this aspect of my life for many years, long before the internet. I have researched the phenomenon, and seen several TV documentaries,etc. I even went to a CD support group meeting once. I must say, that I thoroughly enjoy these boards (there are several, and more popping up all the time). I have started corresponding with other sisters around the country, as well.
    Cheryl
    Northern VA
    "We live in a world in which the only constant is Change" Heraclitus- 400BC

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_NJ View Post
    I've been a tg all my life, and for most of it I have been in hiding, no one but me knew how feminine I felt, and desired to be. Since the advent of the internet and finding sites like this and others that provide advice and support, I feel a whole lot better about myself!

oh, and where would you be in your crossdressing activity if the internet didn't exist?
    Well, it has certainly cut down on stamps and renting retail mailboxes. I remember when I used to have to advertise in magazines. I'd have to pay two bucks for every person I wanted to write a letter to and share pictures with. The internet has changed all of that. Things are much, much better. I would have to say that if the internet were around when I first began to take this thing seriously, I would have probably gone much farther with it. Much farther meaning changing my entire life. I really wonder where I would have ended up.
    Once bitten, always smitten

Smile I agree

Hi;

I feel the same as all the other girls, The internet as open up hole new WORLD for me and with this I learn to live and enjoy more of the finder things we all may have miss. I also have been more or less going it alone until now.

Terry

the internet has been good to me ive found alot o people that share the same interest and common bonds and just not from the states but across the world.

Hi.

I have found the net to be a very wonderful and enjoyable place. I have also found it can be a very dangerous place if one is to carfull and smart.

I have made many wonderful new friends.

Just be carfull in its use.

Susan
    T.G.I.F. - Thank God I'm Female.

This site gave me the courage to go to the store and buy some make-up, a thong, bra, slip and stockings. Before I just wore my SO's items. When I gat a chance I want to go out and add some clothes to put on top of those items and some shoes to go with it.

The internet has had a profound effect on me. I would still me thinking shameful thoughts about my crossdressing, still hiding in the closet or worse. Thanks to sites like this, and the one that really taught me I was not alone, the old leggs forum, I have accepted this, and come to enjoy this aspect of my life. I no longer feel shame, or hide, although I also don't advertise. There are many who do not realize that I cd, but many who do, and I am comfortable the way things are.

In a socially unaccepting world, I feel better about myself, knowing that there are LOTS of others out there in the world like me... Yes...Just like me! That have the same feelings as I do, and the same fears...the same dreams and the same desires!

I didn't get involved in CD'ing until a few years ago and the Internet was widely used then....so I can't compare before and after, but I know that it would have been nearly impossible for me to be involved in CDing at all if not for the Internet and my FAMILY here in this forum!

I am forever thankful for this group and all of the other groups, that work to make our lives easier.

And we are all glad you are here as well Suzy. Congratulations on your 1000 posts BTW.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thanks

I just wanted to thank all who responded, I feel that the net has been very beneficial to us all. Like many of you who responded, I too thought I was the only person in the world who felt this way, and was very relieved and encouraged when I learned that I wasn't! Cathy

The internet

I found this site over a year ago, and it has helped me immensely.As others have said I know Im not alone,the younger dressers are blessed that they have sources of support and info that many of us wish we had available when we were younger. Ive found courage to do things I never thought I could because of reading the posts here and reading the stories of others who are like me.

I have to agree with most of the previous posts that the internet has provided a place to met and share this side of me with like-minded folks. It really is nice to have a place where people understand what you are going through, not judging you, and where you can just be yourself. There is a huge spectrum of crossdressers and transgender folks out there and it is a relief to know you aren't the only one.

As far as shopping...omg. Living in a tiny town and having the access to everything I could want is simply amazing.

I really wonder where'd I'd be at this point, had the internet been around when I was in my twenties. Anyway, good luck and happiness to all of you here!
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_NJ View Post

oh, and where would you be in your crossdressing activity if the internet didn't exist
    ?
    well it has help me to know that i am not alone. that there are others who are just like me
    and i have met some from here and i am thankful to CD.com for that what a great bunch of people and the advice and wisdom thank god i am not alone
    my cross dressing would be the same i live full time have many gg friends it would not change
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]