Thread: To the short*sses... (guys under 5'4)

Cabin boy/Purser :)

To the short*sses... (guys under 5'4)

Hello fellow small people

Just wondering if you ever do anything to boost your height or appearance, like wearing thick-soled shoes or lifts or cushions or hats and having smaller things so you are not dwarfed by them lol?

Would you ever go as far as to consider surgery to make you taller?

It can be a bit annoying slouching to hide boobs can't it? Cos that makes you look even shorter!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being short and personally I adore the look of short people. Myself I feel a little small sometimes though and wonder if I would look odd if/when I transition. (Someone once said to me "you'd be a very slight man and would get probably get bullied). I don't personally agree with that as I see many cool small men. I tried to tell her about some cool short people but she said "Well they are famous, they can get away with it." Well I see plenty of short cool men in "real life" too. Tut!

I was just wondering how you guys felt about it and what you do/think about in relation to height/body size etc?

I personally tend to wear thick soled trainers under my baggy skater pants. That way I just look taller and no-one knows I'm "cheating". I do wonder what a potential new partner would think if I went home with them and took my shoes off and suddenly shrunk 2 inches haha!
    Also the other day I realised that my backpack looked huge against me (which probably made me look much smaller) so I've gone back to another smaller type of manbag.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

I guess I'm used to it. I came to terms with the fact that I'm never going to grow any taller a long time ago, so I almost never think about it. Besides, I never have to duck to enter any door (which I've seen tall guys do). The downside is that I usually have to grab a tall guy to get something down off a top shelf for me - but they don't seem to mind. I have worn boots with thick heels, and it feels good to be a little taller, but at the end of the day I'm okay with taking them off and being me again. For some reason, most of the guys I've been with have been tall and the drawback is craning my neck to talk to them (or kiss them), so I usually get them to sit down.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmmm. Short men. How many can you add to the list?

Joe Peschi (American "tough-guy" actor)

Height is not a prerequisite to being male. Thinking is. Attitude is.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Crazy Lady
    Danny DeVito
    Paul Williams
    Dudley Moore

Wikipedia has a list that will soon be deleted with the height and names of short men. Big list with lots of well known people.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeInGeorgia View Post
    Danny DeVito
    Paul Williams
    Dudley Moore

Wikipedia has a list that will soon be deleted with the height and names of short men. Big list with lots of well known people.
    bloody eck just looked at that list on wiki and even Danny Devito is taller than me lol.....im 4ft 8 and hes 5ft dead lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_short_men

Maybe my opinion doesn't really count because I'm not super short (I'm 5'6") but I think that anyone who would hold your height against you isn't worth spending time with.

Short men can be hot too! A pretty short guy won "Canada's Hottest Star" award a few years ago.

I am 5 foot 3, 95 pounds. I look like a little boy. I'm very petite. It sux but what can I do? I don't bother trying to make myself taller because I sure can't change my bone structure. If I live the rest of my life out single because of being tiny I won't care because all that mattered to me would be that I was a man.

Taylor

I'm glad someone brought up this topic of being vertically challenged, ha ha.. I'm 5'8" and since I've slimmed down by changing to a healthier diet, I've managed to share wardrobes with my girlfriend. She borrows my shirts every now and then and I borrow her skirts. The ol' shirts for skirts program...
    We are about the same size and height, which is wonderful. When we go out to do the normal household shopping, we always swing by the ladies clothing section where I am always asked, "would you wear this?" or "Do you need anything?" Also, I've got her started on the tights thing since she "we" needed some winter outfits. Since we are the same height it all works out nicely. I've also noticed that when "dressed" shorter people aren't as likely to draw attention. You can say that we blend in better. So don't sweat it. Most of the nicer clothing is in petites or juniors anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet-37 View Post
    I've also noticed that when "dressed" shorter people aren't as likely to draw attention. You can say that we blend in better. So don't sweat it. Most of the nicer clothing is in petites or juniors anyway.
    That may be true for you ladies, but I'm not sure the reverse is true for us. An MtF will get more attention dressed if she's very tall ("That's a big woman!"), but I think people that see us will say, "What a little guy!"
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HMMM--Listen, you guys all stand tall in my book--regardless of height and are all fine men.Got it?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

well im 5ft 3 and i hate it i did consider op to lengthen my legs but its a bit drastic so i wont

i think about my hight alot i does really bother me

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    well im 5ft 3 and i hate it i did consider op to lengthen my legs but its a bit drastic so i wont
    Yea I remeber asking you about me getting taller and what you told me. Ouch....like ouch again. I might have it done if I won the lottery though, lol.

Well Guys I'm 5ft on a good day lol and I think I'm shrinking with age too On the whole it doesn't bother me being small but sometimes it niggles me if I'm honest. I wear skater trainers which tend to give me a little boost but it doesn't make a lot of difference xx Felix

There is good stuff in little packages and the taller they are the harder they fall as my mum used to say

Aargh I've got behind in answering this thread!
    I will properly soon... probably with a list of cool short men

As for that operation... it's something I consider a lot.... meep.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

short people

As a mtf crossdresser I can say this.....being a guy 5' 3" has NO advantages except when I'm crossdressed. I can't find any male clothes in my size. All my pants have to be cut down. I can't find shoes in my size. (In men's I wear a 6C....almost impossible to find...while in women's I wear a 7B...easy to find.)

In women's clothes I can shop in the petite dept. In men's......well, I can't find anything in men's that fits without lots of alterations.

When I was in high school I weighed 110 lbs. In college...115 lbs. Now I weigh 130 lbs. My waistline has increased but my height remains the same.

*Still not replying to thread properly, meep*

Just wanted to say to Laurie... it's not clothes I worry about... stuff like clothes and shoes are sortable, sure it might be a bit of a pain in the ass to have to shop in a different section or get clothes altered but it's not too bad.
    It's just the actual height and being small thing that bothers me. e.g. Feeling less of a man, as it seems fairly rare to be a man under 5'4. (Not that height maketh the man at all, just in my case that's what I sometimes feel).
    So... it is very nice to hear from small gm's!!
    Last edited by pocoyo; 01-09-2007 at 06:52 AM.

It does get a bit bothersome looking UP at everybody all the time. Actually I don't really realize how short I am unless I see myself in a photo with others, then I notice I'm always the shortest one.

well I guess that would make me average at my height then being only 5'10" it isn't too bad, I fit in well ok and is good as an average height for most girls I have seen as well, so guess I'm lucky in that sense too!! I can buy things in the petite and misses dept.'s at most places. and as you can tell if you have seen my pictures as most here have I have some nice outfits!!

Thanks for the list on wikipedia.
    --> # Morihei Ueshiba — martial artist and founder of Aikido

I love practicing aikido, now I know the founder was 1cm shorter then me.
    I love aikido!!!!

And about my hight: I don't care how tall/short I am.
    I am me!
    Everyday I breake the law........of Gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan.1986 View Post
    And about my hight: I don't care how tall/short I am.
    I am me!
    Very cool attitude

*tries to have the same attitude about himself*... I do sometimes feel like that... sometimes...!

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    This used to be an issue for me, as I was married to a man 13" taller and 100 lbs. heavier than I. I've also had body-issues for most of my life, since I'm overweight. The cool thing is, being a 5'4" guy, that I now don't have to go through the emotional bracing to buy clothing in L or XL sizes, but am nice and small on top and average on the bottom.

I don't feel too short because I know I can hold my own. When the ex got dangerously violent, well... let's just say there was a fight and I won. I don't like violence, but find it difficult to be sorry about being alive.

Wow. Big guy he sounds...

Hey well 5'4's not even that short anyway

I'm glad you stood your ground and won the fight.
    (And that he's an ex).