Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you cry easy?

Do you cry easy?

This was always an object of concern for me. The slightest mushy scene on the telly (or anywhere) and my eyes will well up. Until I accepted my tg/cd self, it was always rather embarassing, espeically in high school and college. Y'know, here's this guy trying to fit in with the peers, typical boys, and his eyes well up when something sweet and sentimental comes along.

Now, I'm just happy about it and beleive it's just another sign that I should have been a woman. Just like my extremely feminine eyelashes

Anyone of you have the same characteristic?

Love
    Sonal

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Most assuredly!

Of course, there's a country western song with the line "I should've known something was wrong when she didn't cry when Old Yeller died".
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Yup, It is embarassing when you get all tear jerky over the slightest sappy romance on t.v. Also when someone hurts you and all you can do is cry.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

In a word, YES!!! Even with the evening news. When they talk about an accident or a child getting hurt or a lost puppy. Something happens and the wife asks if my alergies are flairing up. Sniff sniff. As she hands me a tissue....BJ

Ive always cried at the drop of a hat. I suspect people who don't!

Silver Member
    All the time! Well, I don't all the time, just all the time at emotional events. Yes, I do cry easily.

Steph

It's all part of the feminine aspect each one of us share, I also tend to be more of a pacifist then other men in my position
    "Diane"

It was a bit embarrassing being a "cry baby" in school. Now I'm much more comfortable with the feminine elements of my personality, and I'm glad I can have a good cry when I need to. It's just so girly.

I probably cry more as I get older. I love it when I cry tears of joy.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Yes. Some of my friends have noticed that I'm particularly "sentimental" (as they usually call it). I've always been soft-hearted and prone to cry over sensitive situations.
    warmly, Linnea

I cry easily, even more so than my wife, when it comes to any sad, happy or heroic story. TV, books, newspaper...doesn't matter. Can't seem to keep from getting choked up.
    Unfortunately, I do not have the lovely long eyelashes that Sonalnaruna does. Darn!

Gretchen

I cry at movies, tv, books, anything sentimental. My wife says she can tell how much I like a movie by how much i cry. lol.
    jennigrace

Oh yes

Emotions

Yes, I've often cried at a movie theater, and no, I'm not ashamed, I'm just being me.
    And I have long eyelashes too.

Banned Read only

Me too a "cry baby" in school

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    It was a bit embarrassing being a "cry baby" in school. Now I'm much more comfortable with the feminine elements of my personality, and I'm glad I can have a good cry when I need to. It's just so girly.

I probably cry more as I get older. I love it when I cry tears of joy.

Robin
    My step father ragged on my about that. Then for a long time I
    Controlled myself. Then I had kids, get teared up all the time. A friend of mine said I turned into a “mush Ball” when I had kids.” She was right.

Cried at my uncles funeral, just fell apart, none of my cousins or sister, cried just me.

I think we are just a little bit heavy on the female hormones or something!

Wink

hahahha yes... im a sissy
    actually i have never cry during a sad/aww moment
    i do have water eyes though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I cry a little. I well up and become "verklemmt" at all the emotional times in movies. I do "hold it in" until I can't help it, and then I just let streams of tears flow.

I haven't watched movies enfemme....wonder what that would be like.

I wish I cried more, and more freely....it feels so good to let go.

Roberta
    Last edited by RobertaFermina; 01-09-2007 at 02:22 PM.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Sissies and girls cry but it takes a real man to admit he's not ashamed to. If someone does something to make me feel hurt, I'll cry first and then take action. As far as movies, well, if I know it's going to be a real "tear jerker", I've got a box of tissues handy. Weddings, forget it! I'm gone.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I love these unanimous threads. Good work, Sonalnarula! It looks like you're onto something here. Of course, there will be some exceptions to the rule...

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    My step father ragged on my about that. Then for a long time I Controlled myself.
    My step father wasn't very impressed, either, Jane. I also learned to control it so people wouldn't notice. It took me many more years to unlearn that "control" pattern.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Was always embarrassed during my school years because I cried so easily. You know 'boys ain't supposed to cry".I fought it for years, never could change
    It's just me, doesn't bother me any more.

Crying

I can cry at a drop of the hat, also. I do it during movies and TV shows and when something sad is on. My problem is I don't cry at funerals or weddings, and I don't know why. I didn't shed a tear when my Father or Mother died. They always told me to be a man and suck it up.
    RONDA

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE] "I THINK THAT MY SWITCH IS STUCK PARTLY OPEN"

Wow - I guess I hit upon a very strong common characteristic that we all share. We aren't 100% male, that's for sure - even the ones of us that insist we're straight. I mean, sure we can be straight but there's something more to us than a non CD male. And you know what, its great !

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    That sure says a lot of good things about you. I used tear up at the slightest thing, but not as much. I hope to again as I believe it is a wonderful and very healthy thing. It is not in my control. I am happier today and laugh a lot more since making piece with the Rita in me. The sensitive side of me has really been affected with all the cultural expectations and programming.

take care
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Oh yeah. That is me. Weddings, funerals, TV shows, movies. Here come the tears. I don't cry when I am mad or under stress but I make up for it elsewhere.

sonalnarula, like you, I used to have the very long eyelashes as well. I used to get many comments/compliments on them when I was small. Unfortunately I started wearing classes when I was only 7 y.o. My glasses were always dirty because my eyelashes were so long that they wiped against the back of the lenses and I would always have these vertical oily lines on my glasses. After many years of wearing glasses, they no longer grew that long. Bummer.

yes me too , a cry baby . anything will set me off. it's just a part of who i am
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I didn`t for years but over the last few i cry more and more