Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Is With the Greatest Joy... I'm Back!

First of all, thank-you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind posts, PM's emails and phone calls. You've all touched my life in an unbelievably wonderful and beautiful way.

We had a bit of a crisis at our house last week... some of it real, some imagined. A huge percentage of it was based on misunderstanding. I want to be very, very. very clear on something... neither my wife nor my daughter were the villains in this. There was really no villain at all. This whole experience has taught me a couple of things that I would like to pass on to you.

It all started when my wife was asked to pass a message to me. The message seemed to be critical of my lifestyle as a cross dresser. Having now the benefit of hindsight, I don't believe it was; but on that day, and with those words, that's how it was perceived.

Lesson One- If you have something to say to someone, say it yourself. Don't send someone else to do your job. Had the actual person spoken to me directly, any misunderstanding could have been cleared up immediately.

Lesson Two- If someone you love and who loves you says something that is out of character, seek clarification right then and there. If allowed to go unchecked, it will likely take on a life of it's own. And the result could be devastating.

Lesson Three- Keep your emotions in check... especially if you are feeling anger. I've never know anyone (myself included) that makes good decisions while angry. Step away for awhile if you must. Calm down and regain control before going on. If you don't, chances are that you will say or do something that you will regret.

Lesson Four- If asking for forgiveness, ask sincerely and from the heart. If giving forgiveness, give it unqualified and without reservation. You may find that you are doing some of both. That makes sense as rarely is a situation 100% the fault of one individual.

Lesson Five- Trust the love you have built up and on over the years. I don't know of anyone who loves their partner because they are perfect. They love their partner because they complete them and give meaning to their life.

Lesson Six- It's easier to change yourself than it is to change your partner. Let me give you a real life example; It used to drive me crazy that my wife wouldn't close cabinet doors. I'd get all knotted up over it and fuss and fume. And in over 38 years of marriage it hasn't gotten any better. When I discovered that I could close the doors, my anxiety dropped like a rock. How can you apply this to your relationship?

There's probably other stuff I could mention but I think this covers the important things. Always be willing to believe the best in your relationships. Resist the temptation to anticipate the worst.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    Welcome back Holly

Good lessons

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Back

Shes back yeahhhhh!!!!!!!!!! life is good again. We missed you mom

Amen

Holly Thanks for sharing, nothing like advice from 'Mom'

Holly
    Welcome Back!!!
    Glad to see things are doin better for yall!
    Dont know ya really well, but you just seem to have that *karma* and instantly sent out that *sweetheart* vibe (at least it seemed so to me) Holly, yer a sweetie, and so glad to see you back!

Nicole

Junior Response Associate Cheryl GG's Avatar
    Holly....what excellent words of wisdom to pass along....words to live by....thank you for sharing your insight...and welcome back...hey, is there anymore coffee left?? I sure could use a cup right now.....xoxoxoC/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]
    ~No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt [/SIZE]

Holly, your words of wisdom are just the thing that we need from you! You are one of the voices of reason that keeps things on an even keel. Please continue to give your insite and advice.
    Love,DAVIDA

Red face

Holly one last thing to say I only meet you and Toni once but I thought you were one of the GREATEST couples I ever meet. I hope you don't bury HOLLY, just put her to sleep for awhile and then come back to us in the future.

Even if I may be too late

Dear Holly:

I have not been around as much as I'd like. I love this forum but my life has many demands on my time. Thus I had not responded to this thread. The time I saw it I could not believe it and it seemed something was clearly missing. There was not enough information about how all this happened. It just did not seem right. I wanted to know more but could not come out and ask.

I am so happy you have shed some light on this. Believe me, I may not have responded before, but I often thought about you while at work, or while driving, and at some pretty odd times. Sometimes I would ask myself questions about how this could all have happened. And then thought if it could ever happen to me. Could I deal with it like you had?

I really do hope you are back. I have not known you for too long, but in all the threads I have read, you have often said those things that just feel right - honest, thoughtful, and kind.

I know those girls of yours know how special their Holly/husband/dad is.

Michelia

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Lynn View Post
    Holly Thanks for sharing, nothing like advice from 'Mom'
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Thanks for the beautiful meaningful lessons, Mom! (I say this with the utmost of respect and love.) These lessons these lessons apply equally well to all, married or not, but in all our relationships with people around us.
    "I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke"

Glad you're back Holly. How true your words of wisdom are, relationships cannot flourish if things aren't out in the open.

Holly
    i am sooo glad you are back , welcome home mum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    Add me to the list of those bubbling with joy to see you back!

I agree totally with what you said, trust in the love, and don't be afraid to ask for clarification if something doesn't seem in character. Even the most even tempered and loving person can have a bad day, after all.

It would have truly been a great loss to all of us here if you had truly had to go away, but family is family and sometimes you gotta do things you don't want to keep things going.

Anyhow, WELCOME BACK LADY!!!
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

Your advice is sincere and from the heart

Thank you for it

I am so glad you are back, and so happy things have resolved happily!
    yes, trust in love...

Holly those are wise words indeed, I've gone on a whatever having heard that someone said something and in fact it turns out it wasn't said that way.

Glad to see that worked oiut for you.

Vegas huh? Maybe I'll have to make a trip down there.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing... there was a bit of a purge. All the tightie whities are history!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Appendage
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cruisin' on a sardine boat
    Loaded with crazy people

Hey sis...with those words of wisdom, isn't it about time for you to change your avatar sig to "Official CD Mom" now? :cheeky:

Once again...welcome back and congrats on your "purge". Those are the kind that we LIKE to see.

So good to see you back with us again. You gave us a scare girl.

And not only do we get to see your pretty face again, but we get some of that heartfelt wisdom you have. Thank you for sharing that. It makes a lot of sense, but it's easy to get goofed up sometimes.

Mmmm, do I smell cookies? You'd better get to work Holly, there's a few newcomers who you need to greet.

oh, and congratulations on the purge! Now if you ever feel the need to purge Holly's clothes, you'll just have to go naked
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Holly,

you were missed

Jess
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Holly,
    Its great to hear things may be looking up for youall !!

I know first hand how right you are about making decisions while angry, either at home or at work we just dont think as clearly when upset.
    I have over-reacted more than once and am still working on controlling that part of myself

Please keep us posted on your resurection

Hugs
    Cindy

True words of wisdom Holly. I am so glad that everything is working out for you.

my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"