Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you let your children crossdress?

Banned Read only

Would you let your children crossdress?

Well, if I had children, I would discourage them from crossdressing - saying it leads to a life of unpopularity, discrimination (jobs and social), and that people hate you for it. I would mainly do it for fear that God would judge me in corrupting my children if I let them crossdress. But the problem is, why should I deny them when I still do it myself? When I was young I often wished I could buy my grade school catholic schoolgirl's uniform and my High School's cheerleading outfits! But my parents of course would have objected and they did confiscate my first skirt I bought back then.

How do you crossdressers out there handle your children? Would you buy an outfit for them?

My reaction would depend on the age at which the dressing was discovered. If I thought they were old enough to understand I would point out all the pitfalls and let them make the decision and if he or she still wanted to CD I would buy them clothes they desired.
    Danielle

I would never wish the need to crossdress on anyone, especially my children. That said, if that is who they and what they need to, of course I'd give them my love and approval. I think something as deep seated as tv/ts/cd desires, it isn't something a parent has any control over.
    Hugs,
    Christy

well if cross dressing is in there blood there is not much i can do. there going to do it anyway , so i would have to say yes i would let them cross dress after i had a good talk with them you know the good the bad the ugly , after that they could dress ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is in her vest
    I would hope that my children don't CD because I know the heartache it has caused and is causing me. I don't want them to feel like I do I suppose. However, my children don't know that I'm a CD and I suppose they would be too embarrassed to talk to me about it if they were. I certainly am too embarrassed to talk to them about this part of me.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I happen to have 3 boys and to my knowledge none of them xdress. But if it's OK for me, it's OK for them and I wouldn't have any objection. We would have to discuss just what clothes they could borrow though.

I wouldn't promote it for sure... but again I wouldn't ostracize them either...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I did my best to allow my children to devlop into who they were to be. God never entered into the question, as my children and myself are scientists and humanists. One of them wanted a cabbage patch doll one year. I got it for him. That is as close as it came.

My problem with my kids was not that they wanted to crossdress, but they wanted $150 Air Jordans.

I don't have children.But i do have a nephew that I'm very close to and I have several neices and nephews that I email and write to all the time. I guess that if any of them were or are into dressing I'd probably pass over it in silence and pretend like I didn't know about it if they chose to tell me. It'd be low to try to interfere and stop them from doing it.I mean I'd be livid with disgust if anybody tried to bodily interfere with my cd'ing.If this was when they were in their 20's or their 30's I'd let them be open with me about it but I think I'd be a little nervous about that.It'd be something new.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyS View Post
    I would never wish the need to crossdress on anyone, especially my children. That said, if that is who they and what they need to, of course I'd give them my love and approval. I think something as deep seated as tv/ts/cd desires, it isn't something a parent has any control over.
    That is my feelings also. I do have a son who crossdresses, this is something I learned later in his life. He, like so many of us has a need to crossdress. I support him with all my heart. Being a crossdresser is a lonely road to take, I wish I had family support, I certainly will give my son all my support.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Pretty much what everyone else has said

I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Having said that, I obviously know from experience that it is not something you can talk someone out of, so if that came to pass I would try and deal with it.
    Kim

I would be supportive

Well, that is a good question, It is the biggest reason that I chose to not have children. I was afraid that they would go through what I have. I am still not at the place I want to be in life. I know I would not have been able to be a good role model. I do beleive that if I have any involvement with children I would be there for them and do anything I could to help them. Jena
    Jena

If I had a son who wanted to crosdress I would tell him that there is alot of pain in being different but alot more pain in denying who you are. I would encourage him to be proud of who he is and to be open about this with the people he meets because this will give him the best chance of connecting with people who either share or are sympathetic to his needs and this will outweigh the abuse and hostility that he would also undoubtedly receive. In short I would encourage him to be everything I am not.

Thought about it for a while (have no kids though).

If there are signs of TG I would try to prevent that he/she becomes trapped in the one or other gender role, or runs after some "ideals", but rather try to support him/her to become a strong person that is abel to find his/her own way.
    And I never would try to talk her/him out of wearing certain clothes.
    Last edited by Marla S; 01-21-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Banned Read only
    as anyone who has rasied kids will tell you - there are worse things.

Amanda Jane is so right. I have been to 3 funerals of children in the last year... one auto death, one drinking/auto death and one drug overdose. All upper middle class families. Much worse things than CDing could happen. I'm of the camp that believes that a true crossdresser doesn't choose to CD, it just happens. That being said, I would be supportive (I hope!)

I sell a lot of Female clothing on Ebay, and if my son is interested in trying something on, I would let him. He has not approched me as of yet, but if he does, I will tell him all about it. I would never discourage it, only incourage it if he wants too. Just let it happen naturally. I would never push kim into it. I have thought about Petticoat Punishment for him as I think it would really change his attitude, but would never do it.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I, too, wouldn't promote it, but if they had the curiosity or the inclination to do it (or both), I would let them. Since I don't think that it's sinful or in any other way wrong, I would not have a moral or ethical problem with it. I would try to help them understand the problems they would encounter in society if they chose to crossdress.
    Actually, my sons are all grown and living independently, so for me it is a moot point. As far as I know, none of them is a crossdresser. If they were, I would be as supportive of them as I would hope they would be of me (if they knew about my crossdressing).
    Sometimes I try to imagine what it would have been like if my mother had been openly aware of my crossdressing when I was still living at home. I think about how wonderful it would have been if I had been able to dress and hang out at home wearing my bra and panties, skirt and sweater, etc. without wondering if she would find out. I can picture myself doing my chores around the house in girl's shorts and a top instead of my boy jeans and a T-shirt--I think that it would have been wonderful! If it had been appealing to one or both of my sons, I think that it would have been a wonderful gift to them to have been supportive of it.
    It's interesting to me that when it comes to crossdressing, I think only of my sons. My daughter (who now knows a little about my crossdressing) wouldn't have had a problem in the first place. She often wore jeans and a T-shirt (boy's clothes) and never gave that a second thought--nor did anyone else. To me, it's another example of the double standard our society has about "gender-presentation."
    Now if we're talking about SRS, I would respond with support but a lot of help from professionals who could give much better and more complete information and advice than I could.
    Those are my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I wouldn't promote it for sure... but again I wouldn't ostracize them either...

Karren
    warmly, Linnea

As has already been stated, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone(don't have any children). However, if I had a child who I found crossdressed I certainly be supportive and try to give them as much info as possible about it.

Aspiring Member

Yes i most cerrtainly would allow it!

That is still the problem which we must somehow elimenate and we stil have the power to do so beginning right here right now with us!

So wy not even encourage it if a boy or girl wants to dress as they would please then by all mean's never never tell them it is wrong that is the real problem.

I would let them dress as they would want to in fem,ale or male clothing as they would chosse and nothing i would say would be negative in this regard !

So be it!

Suzy!

A few years back, one of my grandsons got into trouble when his ex-stepmother found a stash of her panties in his room. She and her BF came over all upset over this. I took him into another room and asked him what was the deal. He said that he was selling them at school! I told him that if they were for him to wear, that he did not have to steal them, we would buy him some of his own! He just said "No Poppa!"
    I asked him out of curiosity how much panties were going for! He said $2 for clean and $3 for used!:shocked: I asked him if he knew how much panties cost. I then told him that they can be $20!
    Just goes to show that you can never tell!
    DAVIDA

I would not encourage it either but I would defintely give him the support I
    wish I had. We can only raise them the best we can and from there they
    take over.

you don't have a choice they will do what they want wether you like it are not it is very sincetive issue i have a twentysix year old daughter and some times i don't no what planet she's on........patients ?

susie

My parents would tell you that a child (me) cannot be kept from doing something that is a part of their nature. I'd be the last person to tell one of my children how to live their life. As long as they are not harming themselves or anyone else, they are free to be the people they want to be. Personally, I believe that the world would be a better place if we were all more sensitive and understanding toward others. I think Cds/TG can be good role models for that.

I have always dressed in front of my five sons, one is married and adult, two are teenagers, one is ten and the other six. None have ever shown any inclination to xdress, but if one did, I know what I would do. I would have a good gender phsycologist go over his gender issues, and verify his needs and the levels of them, then I would help him find himself in any way neccessary, with whatever social, medical and fashion help he needed. It can be a blessing if identified and dealt with early. He can have a happy, healthy life as whatever he, or she needs to be in life. My wife and I would see to it. If you don't know by now, I am here to tell you, love is acceptance. I love my children, they are good kids, no matter how they percieve themselves.