Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever wear toenail polish at the pool?

Ever wear toenail polish at the pool?

My wife and I are going to Las Vegas in May. I currently enjoy wearing toenail polish. With the weather being so cold, I'm not worried about what to do when sandal season comes along.

However, it will be warm in May in Las Vegas. I'm thinking of leaving the nail polish on while I'm at the pool at the resort. Even though what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas, I'm wondering if this is going too far.

Has anybody gone out in public in drab but with their toenail polish exposed either being at the pool or out wearing sandals? Any negative reaction?

Hi Sandy, I have a little experience being out in sandals, last summer I hated the idea of not wearing sandals or not wearing polish, So I played with a type of french design until it both looked good and didn't just jump out at folks. From what I have been told, you could wear bright red in Vegas and nobody would say anything but here in backwoods, narrow minded Tennessee, it would cause alot of problems. I guess it just depends on how brave you want to be. If I was in an area that has high security and I know, no one else, I would have mine done in a bright pretty color!!! Take care and enjoy, PS kiss your wife, support is something very few of us get to enjoy! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I have worn toe nail polish to a very public pool here in Clearfield Utah along with my belly button ring and if any one noticed, they didn't say a thing. I didn't even get any strange looks.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    I went to the pool with one of my gay GG friends last summer and I was wearing a light pink "pearlescent" color. Not real noticeable unless the light hits it just right. We ended up having a nice conversation with a young couple at the pool, but either they didn't notice or didn't say anything. In summers past I've gone to the pool wearing red and french tips, but either very early in the day or when the pool was uninhabited.... Slowly gaining courage on some things.....

Quote Originally Posted by sandy_folsom View Post
    My wife and I are going to Las Vegas in May. I currently enjoy wearing toenail polish. With the weather being so cold, I'm not worried about what to do when sandal season comes along.

However, it will be warm in May in Las Vegas. I'm thinking of leaving the nail polish on while I'm at the pool at the resort. Even though what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas, I'm wondering if this is going too far.

Has anybody gone out in public in drab but with their toenail polish exposed either being at the pool or out wearing sandals? Any negative reaction?
    In the early 80s had on pink nail polish, driving the inlaws toFlorida we stopped for the night at a motel, they had a pool and not thinking went for a dip, forgot until it was too late and realized I still had the polish on, well it was to late to do anything about it so I dove in and enjoyed my self, the inlaws were in the room so they never saw the feet, not a word was said to me or comments made , maybe when I left the pool area but we were leaving in the morning so, thats my Charolette

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlin View Post
    Hi Sandy, I have a little experience being out in sandals, last summer I hated the idea of not wearing sandals or not wearing polish, So I played with a type of french design until it both looked good and didn't just jump out at folks. From what I have been told, you could wear bright red in Vegas and nobody would say anything but here in backwoods, narrow minded Tennessee, it would cause alot of problems. I guess it just depends on how brave you want to be. If I was in an area that has high security and I know, no one else, I would have mine done in a bright pretty color!!! Take care and enjoy, PS kiss your wife, support is something very few of us get to enjoy! Kaitlin
    I agree support is awonderful thing , but to the point I've been out in drab
    mode with toe nails painted brirght red had a few comments.Here in NwPA this definately not normal.
    My SO painted them because she thought would be cute I also painted hers
    one of the few things she shares with me.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Last September I spent 3 days visiting some friends at a timeshare in Orlando. They were from Scotland and of course wanted to go swimming. I had, as usual, not only painted finger nails but also painted toe nails. Fortunately, I had opted to have pale pink nails (all of them) instead of the usual bright red I wear on my toes. No one seemed to notice at all, or else they were too polite to say anything.

As far as Sandals are concerned, when it is warm here in Georgia I wear open toe sandals all the time, unless I am out selling. I usually wear a nice feminine top, ladies tight slacks, and sandals to show off my pretty bright colored toes. Have had a few compliments (made me day! ), but no bad remarks. Last summer, one man told me he really liked my kitten heel sandals. He thought they would look good on his wife. I told him they were my favorites!

Sissy

More Girl than man

The first time I went to Vegas I worried that I would not be dressed well enough in male mode. No problem. Las Vegas may be many things but it is not overly concerned with style. There will be forty fat people in shorts and tank tops (or worse) around the pool so I doubt your nail polish will be much of an offense against public decency. Polish the nails, enjoy the trip.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Yes but it was a very light pink that was fairly unnoticeable. Maybe this summer I will "shock the neighborhood" and go with a bright red color!

I've done it a few times. Got the odd look but nothing said. Most people don't notice or care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    We went to Mexico last Oct. and I wore polish on my toenails the whole time. I also wore nothing but women's sandals. I figured what are the odds of ever seeing these people again so what the heck.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I wouldn't worry about it at all. I wear sandles all summer long with painted nails. If people don't like it screw em. I'm coming to realize it is my life to live. We each have our own and we need to live our lives as we wish, just as others have the same right. While they may not like our choices, it really is, our choice to choose how we live.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it at all. I wear sandles all summer long with painted nails. If people don't like it screw em. I'm coming to realize it is my life to live. We each have our own and we need to live our lives as we wish, just as others have the same right. While they may not like our choices, it really is, our choice to choose how we live.
    I gotta say here...I like the way you think!

I wish I could but the misses would be a little miffed. Val Kilmer does it and several of the ass kicking Ultimate Fighters, David Navaro. Oh well. Life in a small town.

Does a beach in Tobago count?
    Last edited by Josi; 02-11-2007 at 04:05 PM.
    "The Greatest Thing in all the world
    Is to Love ........ and to Be Loved in return."

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    We don't have a pool, can't tube or waterski in a pool. We do have a nice fiberglass beach on the bay, river, Atlantic, etc. where I've forgotten that my toenails were polished. I think my wife was the only person sharing the beach those weekend.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    I go out in total drab with my toenails polished all the time. (I've never been out dressed.) Nobody even seems to notice. I stay away from the reds and pinks, and use black, silver, or orange, you know, manly colors.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Sandy,

I wear toenail polish all the time, all year round. (btw..I too live in Sacramento ) but in the summer when I wear my shorts and saltwater sandals at Sunrise Mall or wherever, I do wear a paler color like lavender.

My wife and I went to Las Vegas for Halloween (here's the link to the thread)
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=43565 let me tell you, no one gives a damm in Vegas. I was en femme almost all of the time, but there was one day I was dressed as a very feminized girly guy openly "pushing the envelope a little" and not a single person looked at me twice. In Vegas, practically anything goes so, no, I don't think that wearing toenail polish openly in public is going to far at all.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I never have I'm not really a swimming pool type girl , but however I do paint my toes now and then and wear flip/flops alot in the summer time with my toes pink polish...
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Toenail Polish

I went on a site that said that guys are wearing toenail polish and toe rings and it's perfectly alright.
    RONDA

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE] "I THINK THAT MY SWITCH IS STUCK PARTLY OPEN"

polish in the pool

Funny you ask..
    Do the toes once in awhile, but one time before I came out to my GF, she had painted them in a bright metallic blue, (apparently she figured if it was blue, it was okay for a guy).
    Anyway, I usually swim early in the morning, and had slept in that day. Not sure why I didn't notice at home when I put my socks on, must have still been tired. After getting to the pool, and paying admission, running to change room and pulling off my socks, Voila! Bright blue toes!
    Well, not only did I forget my toes, I forgot my goggles as well, (must have been a rough day). But was there and needed to swim. So started doing laps.Well the lifeguard came over and noticed I didn't have my goggles, and said I could borrow hers. Sweet! And I didn't have to get out of the pool! So I finish up, then have to return the goggles... uh oh. She is in the lifeguard chair at the far end. I was still fairly new to swimming, and had worn my speedo style swim wear, (stylish, no?). Like I didn't feel awkward enough my my swimsuit, walked up to see her with my bright toes. I know she seen them, couldn't have missed them. I am sure i was red when I talked to her, but returned them, then bee-lined to the change room.
    Always cleaned my toes before the pool since. Just find it easier not to answer questions.

:0)

Aspiring Member
    Don't be shy about wearing polish on your toes. Women do, so shouldn't we? I just find something like colored paint being reserved to one gender rediculous. For one entire gender to claim they don't like any color at all... well... obviously they are not being honest with themselves.

Every Day

Living in Florida, it's sandal season about 90% of the year, and my nails are always "done". Being "winter" here, I'm wearing darker colors, like plums and berries. But in the spring, I will switch over to my favorite, Revlon's "Strawberry Electric", a real bright pink color.

I only have fem sandals and no one has ever said anything about my nails. A few looks, in HomeDepot, giggle, but no comments.

So, go to Vegas , and enjoy yourself.

do it, gold shimmers under water...it's a beautiful thing

I'd say leave the polish! We love wearing it, Vegas is a fun town, and if you feel compelled to 'explain' it to anyone, a simple "My SO and I were playing around and I just haven't taken it off yet!" will probably send the snoops away.

Although I don't think you're likely to have anyone notice or say anything.

I wore my bright red toes out to the sun-porch at a high-school friends place last Summer (he doesn't know I dress), and his wife (who is just kinda mean) was hassling me about it, but my GF was there, and I just said to the mean one "What, don't you think it's cool?" Once she knew I wasn't gonna let her get my goat, she dropped it.