Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My experiment...

Hi Poc, Been reading this and have some ideas. It's seems you are comfortable with being yourself and the only problem is you can't decide how to present. You enjoy being a tomboy for sure. So, my question is what is wrong with that? You know most of your friends accept you for who you are. As far as dressing and presentation, just do what you want, when you want. No one here is going to fault you for that. If you want to wear a dress, wear a dress, if you want to wear boy stuff, wear boy stuff. If you want a willy, have one. Take it from someone who was in the same boat for years, always worried about other people. It gave me no small amount of frustration until I said the hell with it and I'm gonna be who I wanna be when I wanna be. You and I may be more alike than you may think from opposite sides of the same coin. Right now, I'm having fun being in guy mode and don't care what others think (especially folks here) as I'm enjoying myself thoroughly. This may last for a week or two, maybe more. I can always return to being Sal whenever I'm ready. The point is I'm doing it and am enjoying it and it is totally my choice. Being yourself and enjoying it is the key. As long as you don't compromise yourself and your identity as a person, you will always be happy. I've just realized I wasted too much energy worrying about it and just went ahead and did what I felt like. I'm much happier for that.

DUUDE I like this plan! Party at the Caps!
    Wait a minute. I may be doing a North American road trip in a few months. If I go to grad school at Irvine (currently the front runner) I have a grand plan for getting there. I can't fly 'cause I have to take my guinea pigs, so I'm renting a UHaul and driving cross country over the course of a week, a few hours each day, and stopping in a few state every night. May have to try to track some of you down if I do that...
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    ....Thought I would update this thread with something that happened today...because I was making a video for you guys, with me as "boy poc" (well... more like "androgynous poc" actually) and "girl poc" ... I still had my proper make up on and so I wore it to work and my hair tied back in a ponytail. I got flirted at by so many horrible straight men (haha I'm not saying straight men are horrible in general, but these were), and a bunch of stupid STUPID boys who hung around just to play jokes on me and annoy me, thinking they were hilarious. None of the being-flirted-with/fancied felt nice... NONE of it.
    It really p*ssed me off. I'm sure I didn't used to hate being fancied/flirted at by straight men QUITE so much... hmm.... I just felt like saying "Oh f*ck off and leave me alone you idiots" today.
    I can totally relate to this one. Fridays are breakfast with my father. Anyway, as everyone knows I generally present DRAB (to keep the peace). Anyway, the waitress started flirting. My father thought it was funny. I felt like you did POCS, then thought 'Gee I wonder how fast she could run if she knew I was TG?' That brought a REAL smile to my face.
    Dealing with a Canuck huh? One of my bro's in law is over there right now on a contract. I wonder......
    Nahhhhhhh

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    :Awww Salandra, I like your post. It makes a lot of sense, and inspires me with a sort of sense of freedom... (if that makes sense!).
    Thank you. Also, I'm glad you're enjoying your male side

PARTY AT CAPS OR MINE? WOOO!!!
    Looking forward to that one... hmm now what to wear?
    Aweeeesommme!

Oh Kimberley!! Poor thing. I'm glad someone knows what I mean/how it feels!!!
    Hehe yeah I should have dropped my voice and said "Er... my name's [insert boy name here], would you like me to prove it? No? Then bog off!" that would have shut them up *chuckles*

Hehe what does your BIL look like?! Rather handsome?
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Yeah, when I go to the club as Sal, I sometimes talk like a longshoreman and their mouths just hang open. Sometimes when I go as Rich, I talk really fruity and they are equally confused. Throw in Eric and they don't know what to think. I just sit there LMAO. It keeps them guessing anyway and they never know what I'm going to do next.

Appendage
    Hi Poc:

I have read thru this thread with empathy and interest.
    Honestly my heart goes out to you.

In case you have not picked it up on any of my previous posts,
    I have a strong background in psychology.
    My natural tendancy is to care and nurture.
    Which ironicaly is a female tendancy.

So in a very non professional gesture but a sincere friendly one,
    I wish I could give you a hug right now and just tell you that everything is going to be alright.
    Because eventually it will be.

Til then, please hang in and be yourself.
    Even if "yourself" changes from day to day.
    Whattheheckever is wrong with that anyway?

I am not going to play "shrink" here, and analyze anything.
    Just as a concerned friend, brother/sister-human being,
    be well and live well.

BTW, you can keep my skirt. If you don't wear it let it be a souvenir.
    LOL...OK? Hugs. Big ones.

Jestina
    Last edited by Jestina; 02-18-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    Cruisin' on a sardine boat
    Loaded with crazy people

Awww Jest thank you thats so sweet! ((hug))
    Today I am like 98% sure I am a boy (or 98% boy!).

I actually found myself yelling out loud in bed last night in disgust/fear (like I do sometimes from a nightmare) as I was falling asleep, because I hate having boobs so much!

I just want to be relating to people as a boy and for my body to be properly male and and and.... I still want your skirt

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

I just want to be relating to people as a boy and for my body to be properly male and and and.... I still want your skirt
    Wait your turn...I want it first.

I think it will look better on me than that boy Jest, so just ignore him. Oh look, he's getting all flustered.

Oh, sorry mate, did you want this?

Hah! Gotta earn it!

*swivels on her heels flipping the skirt over her shoulder singing "I know what boys want, I know what boys want... "
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Appendage
    Hmmmm...Two Canadian gurls and an English pirate.

OOOH what fun we could have eh?

I think you should let Poc try on my skirt.

After all thats how I got into this...

Now that IS confusing though...

Cruisin' on a sardine boat
    Loaded with crazy people

Quote Originally Posted by Jestina View Post
    Hmmmm...Two Canadian gurls and an English pirate.

OOOH what fun we could have eh?

I think you should let Poc try on my skirt.

After all thats how I got into this...

Now that IS confusing though...

Okay, Pocs here you go.

*hands him the skirt. stands watching him expectantdly with a smirk on her face*

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

*grabs it rudely and puts it on his head*

P.S. I really chuckled at the last 3 posts

*grabs it rudely and puts it on his head*
    ...just hasn't got a clue does he Jestina?

*shaking head sadly, muttering*

Men! How do they get through the day?

George Bernard Shaw

Hehehe
    I dunno, how do we?
    *Has hand fiddling in pants*

You're incorri...incorgi...oh, you're impossible!

*stamps her foot and walks off, trying not to giggle *

George Bernard Shaw

I've been cheating!

Haha, well as you know, and as Das pointed out, I haven't seem to have been enjoying or managing to keep the experiment up very well. But it's a necessary process... if I don't do it I will always wonder... and I do want to see how it feels.
    So I figure as long as I'm still growing my hair then I am on my way to being able to look properly girly.

I think it's ok to be girly sometimes and boy-y sometimes at the moment.

Tonight again I couldn't face being girly, and went to work trying to look as boyish as I could. I had messy hair (e.g. not styled in a girly way) and had a tiny bit of shading to enhance the shape of my chin and had my male name on my name badge. I also made sure I reeked of aftershave/cologne, instead of my usual unisex fragrance... to further hammer the point home..."I'm male!"

And I wore my willy 2 work for the 1st time.. I didn't even care if anyone noticed! It felt lovely

And despite my girlish locks... I didn't get called "lady" once... hah
    [SIZE="1"](I think I did get called "she" but only once and when I was in extreme pain & so letting my guard down... probably yelped in a high voice or something).[/SIZE]

[Edit: forgot to say that a couple of nice looking gay boys, came in (well, they registered on my gaydar anyway) they were both good looking and about 5'4. One of them was WELL eyeing me up and smiling very cutely at me, something else similar happened earlier too.. yay!

Oh also I did something stupid... "flirted" with a girl, in front of her boyfriend! Haha. She showed me some photo ID and I was like "nice picture btw" and gave her a (hopefully) charming smile, when I handed it back. I felt a bit sheepish dealing with the boyfriend after that ]
    Last edited by pocoyo; 02-23-2007 at 06:55 PM.

And I wore my willy 2 work for the 1st time.. I didn't even care if anyone noticed! It felt lovely
    I told my mum about that ^ and she said that "Oh don't do that.... only because it's so dangerous. I don't want you to get beaten up."

It made me feel a bit angry.

The cheating continues...

Hehe, there are a lot of people here today, there seems to be some sort of fair on... the roads are busy and there's lots of people milling about, walking up and down and around. Including a bunch of out-of-towners who wouldn't know me from Adam (and so wouldn't recognise me from my "girl mode"). I went out among them, dressed as a boy.

I felt a little bit worried/odd about it at times, which was anxiety carried over from last night I think. (I had a phone call with mum where we discussed TGness again last night and I had ended up feeling quite bad about it all which inevitably evolved into confusion... and worrying about the nature of "me" etc).
    Mainly though I felt really nice, sort of relaxed and happy, knowing they were seeing me as a boy. Because I know a lot of them (if not all) did see me as a boy, despite the length of my hair (thank goodness many boys of my style these days have emoey/girly/scruffy/longish hair).

I loved sitting there on a bench in the park while people bustled past occasionally stopping to pet my dog, knowing that not a single curve was showing, and that should anyone happen to look/accidentally notice, that there was a pretty cool bulge showing... if you know what I mean. (Not that they would look, but it made me feel happy/secure/cool knowing it was there! And hey... some people do look sometimes ).

And I enjoyed people "interacting" (looking, nodding, smiling, whatever) with me as a boy.

*puts hands behind head and sits back and sighs*

aaaaaahhhhhhhh
    Last edited by pocoyo; 02-24-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Oh silly Poc. You make me smile. Glad your giving yourself a few days off. Flirt with a boy for me, will ya? I'm too shy to flirt successfully in real life.
    *doing his best to still be supportive and not pushy* Just be sure that you don't cheat too much. You've said yourself, this experiment is so that you'll know, and won't have to go back. Might as well do it right, so that you can chop off your hair when it's done and never look back. Savvy?

In a totally unrelated note, you guys are getting me all confused. I still pause when I use a male pronoun in reference to me, but I pause now in other places when I use a female one. Currently neither seems right. Oi. Find, I'm taking a step, and wearing boy clothes today, the whole deal, not just the planned boyish shirt, even though I'm seeing my family. But this is not me hijacking Pocs thread, so ignore this.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

I don't think you're cheating - you're comparing, right? Gotta have comparisons in any good experiment. You're seeing how it feels in both modes. How else will you be able to find the answers?

Aha . . . sounds like you're doing your own experimenting, Bi.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bi - Hehe I will do some flirting for you if I get the chance
    Yus yus.... good points....
    OI... you can talk about what you want, when you want on my threads silly!!
    Don't ever worry about hijacking them The only time I ever worry about that is if there's a really important point I want people to read and lots of people totally go off topic! But this is a long and sprawling thread and it doesn't matter at all And hey I seem to hijack other people's threads quite often
    I know what you mean about that pronoun confusion... it does feel quite natural to call myself "he" online because I have been a he online for a loong time. But in real life the pronoun thing gets a bit awkward in front of friends and family.
    Also... I say, wear what you're feeling comfortable in ... Go Bi!!

Cap... ahhh yes, you are soo right. I was thinking that myself earlier too... maybe the experiment can have some comparisons instead of JUST being girly....
    But also, as bi says... I do have to try and do a bit of the girly thing in a solid lump at some point... (haha it's almost like a RLT... seeing if I can live as a girl lol!)

Btw... I am thinking of ordering some take away food to get delivered to my place, from a food place I've never tried before... and giving my boy name, and just greeting/paying them/recieving my food as a boy.... (another part of the boy side of the experiment eh Cap?!)
    Last edited by pocoyo; 02-24-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Btw... I am thinking of ordering some take away food to get delivered to my place, from a food place I've never tried before... and giving my boy name, and just greeting/paying them/recieving my food as a boy.... (another part of the boy side of the experiment eh Cap?!)
    Sounds good - spoken like a true scientist. If you've never done that in totally boy mode before, you'll be able to see how it feels.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Sounds good - spoken like a true scientist. If you've never done that in totally boy mode before, you'll be able to see how it feels.
    Teehee! *beams happily*
    No I haven't, ever... I just always hope they will assume I'm male, or be female to them 'cos it's easier. I'm always a bit of a chicken because I don't feel like people will believe I'm a boy so I don't do the boy thing properly in real life very often. Especially in situations where I have to talk.
    But...*puts on Randall from Monsters Inc. voice)... ya hear that.....?
    *there is a faint whistling sound*
    .... that's the sounds of the winds, of chaannge!

*puts on stern, determined voice, raises arm aloft and talks to the world....*
    Hey, I'm taking control... tonight I am a boy, I say I am a boy, my name is male, I am dressed as and look like a boy... so they will see me as a boy. And that's the way it is. Yus *nods*

No I haven't, ever... I just always hope they will assume I'm male, or be female to them 'cos it's easier. I'm always a bit of a chicken because I don't feel like people will believe I'm a boy so I don't do the boy thing properly in real life very often. Especially in situations where I have to talk.
    I think I can relate. When I go down to the laundromat (in my apartment building), I've never really tried to present as either male or female. I know my new-ish neighbors (been here 4 months now) see me as a female, and I haven't done anything to discourage that 'cause I don't feel like explaining things to people I don't even know well. Lately, I've been thinking I need to present as male as possible (just to do laundry? gads!) so they'll start seeing me that way. But if they ask anything, I'd better be ready with at least a simple answer so they can stop seeing me as female. That didn't make sense - I think I just confused myself there. Anyway, unless I'm going to shave off my beard, then I need to present as male so they don't think I'm their new weird, hairy female neighbor. Who knew something as simple as laundry could get so complicated?

Hehehe *still giggling from the Elijah post and suddenly finding Cap's "just to do laundry?.. gads! and "new hairy female neighbour" extremely amusing!*

Awww, there is a lot of frustration and hard work in being transgender... but heck there's a lot of comedy too... what a sit com I could write.. what. a. sit. com. hehe

Anyway back to the predicament... aww I do totally understand. And I agree that you should just start being as male to them as you can soon. After all, you are on your way to becoming completely male.

It's a weird thing, sometimes you can get used to seeing someone one way and then they change and you forget the 1st way you saw them and just think of them in their new style. So it could just be a very natural process and they could forget they ever saw you as a woman, or just think "oh... we were wrong."

I think your answer could just be "I'm a man" should they ever ask.
    It's hard to tell the physical gender of lots of people, but sometimes once you get told one way or the other you just start seeing them as that. Especially cool in your case as you will be getting more and more male-looking over the next couple of years.