Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: names

names

why does everyone use female names? i am a man that likes ot play dress up. to be called by female name seems unnerving. is it just me?

jc

24/7

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    why does everyone use female names? i am a man that likes ot play dress up. to be called by female name seems unnerving. is it just me?

jc
    For better than a year and a half I have lived enfemme 24/7, Therefore I am Tina. & Tina - Irish Sex Goddess
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hi J C,Greetings and welcome to the forum.It's nice to have you aboard. Yours,Hugs,Samantha

Well hi there JC
    Welcome to our little family
    It's great to have you with us here
    Come on in and make yourself a home
    In answer to your question I think it just a personal choice
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Nope. It's not just you.

Hi JC. Welcome to the forum and the family. Not everyone uses femme names here we have a few who prefer a more shall we say neutral or masculine sounding name. And I imagine some do so for the same reason you have chosen initials instead of a feminine name. My husband is a member and his name is gunforhire. Not very femme is it?

Yeah he finds it unnerving to even consider having a female name, so he doesn't. Like another member said a few months back: "I'm a man damn it!" But hey it's all good. No one will treat you any differently because of that kiddo. You are in good company and you are very welcome here JC .

I'll let the others answer the whys since it would be second hand news from me ~ I'm a GG (genetic girl).

dancin

jc
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 01-25-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: man I need to learn how to spell

is in her vest
    Hi JC

I just use a song title for a name...you can call me Bruce...
    ....welcome aboard, and remember to enjoy youself

cheers
    Bruce
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I feel empathy for your post. I too am a man wearing a dress, I don't think of myself as a woman trapped in a man's body but as a man who likes to wear dresses. As the accepted practice is for crossdressers to adopt female names I am 'Judy' when dressed. The important thing though is freedom, you are free to wear any clothing you choose and you are free to use any name you choose.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Well, Julie Childes.... hehehe. To each his (aka hers) own.. Karren was a name I refered to myself in my head every since I was young.... And I like it so that's all that counts!! If you don't like it go find a crossdressing forum where all the girls use guys names.....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

For me, I socialize as a female sometimes, and prefer a female name for those times. Funny - I just started going out dressed again, and one of the first things I did was stop by the local video store where I knew the dayshift manager. She said "Hi, (insert male name here), how are you doing?" and didn't let on that she thought anything was unusual. But for me, (malename) goes with one sort of presentation, and Rachel goes with the other. It felt odd.

But I don't identify strongly with either gender and, in that, I'm not like you.
    I'm bigendered - butch/femme!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

more than a name

When I present as Tina, the feeling goes more than skin deep. Dressing, for me, is a transformation. My wife calls it "Tina coming for a visit". Her husband exits, and her girlfriend enters. She needs a name, a fact that my wife recognized instantly.

So, she is Tina!

i never meant this to be as an offense!

please excuse me if this sounded negative.... i am no one to ever be judgemental. i do not have that right. in restrospect, the word unnerving was a poor choice. i am sorry for that. it is just different for me to read about men that say that they do not wish to be women - yet wish to use female. i am not worldly in the subject of crossdressing. please forgive an OKIE if i did upset anyone.

jc are just my initials --- no imagination?????

It's just you but that's AOK!

Smile
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

Initials are fine. "Signy" shares an initial with my male name. "Rachel" is just a name I like and have used longer than any other female name.

How's this for stealth CDing? I've used "Signy" a lot as a male handle on IRC, and the only people who assumed I was female were a few Icelanders - the name isn't well known outside Scandinavia. I was naughty

PS: I have another name that's the female counterpart of my (male) given name, but I don't use it here for security reasons.
    Last edited by Rachel Signy; 01-26-2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: addendum
    I'm bigendered - butch/femme!

One of the gurls
    No offense taken JC. I can understand where you're coming from. As you experience more as a CD you may change your mind on taking a fem name. That's what happened to me. I wasn't comfortable using a traditional fem name though so I made mine up. Best wishes and welcome to the forum.

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    I'm enfemme 24/7 and my female name existed long before I started transitioning. My license is now in my female name, and everything I have is now Joan's. My male self died off a long time ago, and I am glad that he is gone.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Gift

My name was a gift given to me by a good GG friend. It took some getting use to but now I have to say I love it. BTW I think JC is nice this place is all about being yourself I was not offended by your post. Krisla

To me, Frank just aint too feminine.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Well...I didn't have any say at all in my given name. (Bruce) I liked the name Christine, and like to go by Chrissie even better, in this community. Renee is the name my mother would have named me had I been born a girl like she wanted and had hoped for. My wife doesn't like to refer to me as Christine or Chrissie either. It's as if that person is a separate entity for her. For me, Chrissie and Bruce are, for all intents and purposes, two sides of the same coin that is who I am.

Well, when I dress fully I like to think that I look pretty feminine and would be perceived to be such. Furthermoere, I feel very natural as Dawn and very confortable with it. To be called by my given name would feel jarring and unnatural when dressed. I also feel that if a few things had gone differently in my life, I very likely would have transitioned. Enfemme, I am Dawn and want to be addressed that way. It makes me happy.

Names are part of the transformation

Most CDs prefer to complete the transformation, by using a female name. Some even get ID cards. Myself, I even have a set of military "dog tags" with my femme name, social security number, blood type,etc.

Cheryl is more than a name. She is a friend of mine, someone I have known just about all my life. She is a fine and decent person. I wish that I could be more like her all day long.
    Cheryl
    Northern VA
    "We live in a world in which the only constant is Change" Heraclitus- 400BC

There is a very broad spectrum of folks here, and for many it's a lot more than playing dressup. My 'Wannabee' required that I have a name to match the inner image, it's a part of my self-realization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Hey JC. Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine. (Sorry, I'm in a silly mood right now.) If using a female name isn't your thing then don't. Honestly, you could change your username to Udraxyl, Ruler Of The Outer Cosmos and it wouldn't matter. It's all about who you are, not what you call yourself.

When I joined this site I noticed that many/most of the MTFs used female names. I used a female name, Shari Ann, to help make that part of me more real, in a way. It was the first time I had done that. Being called Shari Ann just felt more natural as I explored that part of me.

I changed it very recently. Using a gender neutral name frees me from the constraints of being male or female, which works for me since I'm (gender-wise) neither male nor female. I have to use something for a username, so I figure why not be who I really am?

I used to sign up for forums using the standard "first initial, last name" bit. I eventually started using "character" names but that was, for me anyway, part of the fun of the forum(s). There are still times though when I just prefer to use "first initial, last name".

The "name" you use is a personal thing. Some people who "play dress up", to use your words, become a character if you will and like to use that character's name here. Some don't. Use what you like. As I said, we are just interested in getting to know who you are. The name you use doesn't really matter.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Quote Originally Posted by JC
    why does everyone use female names?
    Joined here, needed a nickname, have been higly insecure, and followed the group dynamics and norms (with a little backdoor).
    Today I'd probably choose a neutral name.
    Having this said, I don't care much about the name as gender identifier (doesn't say much anyway), it's a person indentifier for me in the first instance. Hence no need or intention to change mine.

welcome jc,
    female names tend to go along with the territory as " Paul " just does not sound right , i hope you enjoy the forums
    hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jc

Well, it wouldn't make much sense if you made a really good looking girl and people still called you "Bob", would it?